upcoming gigs

rezner

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/11/2017 at 23:20, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Went to see Marc Almond last Tuesday at concert hall, he was brilliant as always, next up Killers at ice arena 23rd Nov, really looking forward to it

I always remembered Marc Almond as having a poor voice in the Soft Cell days but he did a stint at an 80's festival I went to a couple of years ago and blew me away with an amazing performance. Very charismatic too. I've since gone back & downloaded a lot of his stuff.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I always remembered Marc Almond as having a poor voice in the Soft Cell days but he did a stint at an 80's festival I went to a couple of years ago and blew me away with an amazing performance. Very charismatic too. I've since gone back & downloaded a lot of his stuff.

Apparently an urban myth, but having heard the story of Marc Almond having his stomach pumped and what came out, I'd be a little careful using a phrase like 'blew me away' in relation to him....

45 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Apparently an urban myth, but having heard the story of Marc Almond having his stomach pumped and what came out, I'd be a little careful using a phrase like 'blew me away' in relation to him....

I know the story you're on about but at my school it was Andy Bell (Erasure)

10 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I've seen him a few times now, the last time before the Notts gig was at the Buxton opera house in March, that was really good and a great setting. Got Alison Moyet to go to as well at the end of the month, another great 80's voice

11 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I've seen him a few times now, the last time before the Notts gig was at the Buxton opera house in March, that was really good and a great setting. Got Alison Moyet to go to as well at the end of the month, another great 80's voice

Got tickets for tears for fears next may. Alison Moyet is the support act. That swung it for us to go.

Just got a email from Dave Gorman to say he is going on tour next year and I can get "pre-sale tickets". So if i'm quick enough I could have a choice of any seat in the theatre. So question, has anyone watched a comedian and sat on the front row? Me and the wife was talking about it, is it the best view? I would say a lot of places you are looking up at the stage rather than straight across or looking down if you was further back. I know it's different at different venues so has anyone sat on the front row at Nottingham Royal Concert Hall?

53 minutes ago, Hucknall Ram said:

Just got a email from Dave Gorman to say he is going on tour next year and I can get "pre-sale tickets". So if i'm quick enough I could have a choice of any seat in the theatre. So question, has anyone watched a comedian and sat on the front row? Me and the wife was talking about it, is it the best view? I would say a lot of places you are looking up at the stage rather than straight across or looking down if you was further back. I know it's different at different venues so has anyone sat on the front row at Nottingham Royal Concert Hall?

Yes, I did for Frank Skinner, you are looking up to see the stage, not the best really.

Sat about 10 rows back for Jim Jefferies and was much better, imo.

On 4/11/2017 at 08:52, Gaspode said:

Martin Barre (Jethro Tull guitarist) at the Flowerpot last night - a great night of blues, rock and re-worked Tull....

Is that the Flowerpot in Derby? Love those tiny venues. I went quite a few times to see gigs in the back room of the Brunswick. Nobody as well known as Martin Barre but still excellent surroundings. I saw a Tull tribute band there. Really good night.

Archived