upcoming gigs

rezner

35 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Is that the Flowerpot in Derby? Love those tiny venues. I went quite a few times to see gigs in the back room of the Brunswick. Nobody as well known as Martin Barre but still excellent surroundings. I saw a Tull tribute band there. Really good night.

It was - probably 200 people in there on the night. Excellent beer before and during the show and we were standing about 6 feet from the stage :) - can't beat it!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Take it you’re on about ‘At The Drive In’ that lead singer was off his head wasn’t he. 

Royal Blood were awesome though weren’t they @GenBr ??????

That drum solo was special during ‘Little Monster’ suitably impressed both me and my 9 year old lad (who was at his 1st ever gig tonight)  He loved it

28 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Take it you’re on about ‘At The Drive In’ that lead singer was off his head wasn’t he. 

Royal Blood were awesome though weren’t they @GenBr ??????

Yeh At the Drive in must be one of the worst live bands ive ever seen - singer was entertaining though even if i couldnt hear anything he said!

In contrast Royal Blood were bloody amazing!!! The sound they make with just two people is insane - also thought the lighting was great as well.

Great first gig for your lad to go to.

Just now, GenBr said:

Yeh At the Drive in must be one of the worst live bands ive ever seen - singer was entertaining though even if i couldnt hear anything he said!

In contrast Royal Blood were bloody amazing!!! The sound they make with just two people is insane - also thought the lighting was great as well.

Great first gig for your lad to go to.

Agree totally with all of that. Hope you enjoyed it as much as us @GenBr

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Enjoy @coneheadjohn there will be some sights to see there. I grew up in Castle Donington so become accustomed to it as a kid growing up. Please let me know if you come across anything Metallica esc. 

My first Donnington was 1984.

Pretty middle of the road metal Raven are headlining  one day after Diamond Head,lots of crusty metal heads.

On 10/11/2017 at 08:48, Wolfie said:

Depeche Mode next weekend in Brum.

Haven't seen them in about 10 years, so really looking forward to that one.

I’d not seen them since the 80,s until went to Nec last tour, this time went to Manchester.

Didnt play as much of the old stuff this time round, but the last half dozen or so tracks had everyon3 in the seats up too.

Dave Gahan aging a bit now but still in good nick for a guy that’s tried it kill himself 4 times :lol:

7 hours ago, Zag zig said:

I’d not seen them since the 80,s until went to Nec last tour, this time went to Manchester.

Didnt play as much of the old stuff this time round, but the last half dozen or so tracks had everyon3 in the seats up too.

Dave Gahan aging a bit now but still in good nick for a guy that’s tried it kill himself 4 times :lol:

Yeah he looks like he’s been round the block a few times?. Good performer though. 

I saw them last in Manchester about 9 years ago I think. 

I knew some of their recent stuff they played at the concert but if you look for Dominatrix rmx on hearthis, his remixes are better than the DM versions. His mix of “Cover me” in particular is really good & has a definite nod to Enjoy the Silence. The DM version is slow (the spaceman video from the concert). He’s got a load of great versions of their older stuff on YouTube as well.

https://hearthis.at/dominatrix-spirit-remixesweb.de-g3/dm-cover-me-dominatrix-long-remix/

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Yeah he looks like he’s been round the block a few times?. Good performer though. 

I saw them last in Manchester about 9 years ago I think. 

I knew some of their recent stuff they played at the concert but if you look for Dominatrix rmx on hearthis, his remixes are better than the DM versions. His mix of “Cover me” in particular is really good & has a definite nod to Enjoy the Silence. The DM version is slow (the spaceman video from the concert). He’s got a load of great versions of their older stuff on YouTube as well.

https://hearthis.at/dominatrix-spirit-remixesweb.de-g3/dm-cover-me-dominatrix-long-remix/

Pretty good but jumped around on my download, is that you Wolfie? :lol:

Just checked YouTube, some unusual mixes, listened to the yahoo, bronski and new order mix with DM, different! Will listen a few more on down days.

On 26/11/2017 at 23:41, Zag zig said:

Pretty good but jumped around on my download, is that you Wolfie? :lol:

Just checked YouTube, some unusual mixes, listened to the yahoo, bronski and new order mix with DM, different! Will listen a few more on down days.

Alas no mate. it isn't me:(

I think my favourite mixes of his are DM ones: Lie to me; Behind the Wheel & Enjoy the silence (not the slow version)

I was at the DM concert in Brum at the NIA. In the pit as you do.

Took both my sons, thoroughly enjoyable apart from a couple of drunken t**** dancing into everyone and putting their cameras in front of my view. 

DM are always good but the UK audiences are hard work to get going for some reason, i think half of them only come for Enjoy the Silence/Personal Jesus and struggle with the rest.

My eldest saw them in Paris a few weeks back, said it was miles better, the French really get into it.

Think I'll go abroad next time.

I prefer the Soulsavers stuff these days.

As for mixes, not a fan of most of them. The one Wolfie posted is OK i suppose, nothing special.

Get the Balance Right (combination), Enjoy The Silence (Quad), World In My Eyes (Mode to Joy) Policy of Truth (Beat Box) and of course Never Let Me Down Again (Split mix) are my personal favourites

Was pleased they did the Jacques lu Cont version of A Pain that I'm Used to though, love that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2017 at 18:45, BarrowRam said:

At the Manchester arena waiting to see Pete Tong and the heritage orchestra. Ibiza classics.

Jealous, saw these last year and it surprised me. Bet it was a brilliant night?

Hope to get tickets for Brum next year

Archived