upcoming gigs

rezner

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Had to admit, I've never heard of Jess Glynne before. After googling it, I'm just watching pictures now, will listen it later (after Finland has beaten Iceland... right @ramit?)

How dare you even suggest such nonsense?  Iceland won the game in very added time with a dubious goal delivered off the right arm of Ragnar Sigurðsson, a goal that would never have stood if it were not for a third rate ref and the Norse Gods, but a win is a win and i never doubted it, well sorta never.

Speaking of gigs, it's been too long since our last one, but Mrs ramit and i still reminisce about the 10cc concert we attended.  Not much left of the original band of course but the standard was there and it was one hell of a good show.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ramit said:

How dare you even suggest such nonsense?  Iceland won the game in very added time with a dubious goal delivered off the right arm of Ragnar Sigurðsson, a goal that would never have stood if it were not for a third rate ref and the Norse Gods, but a win is a win and i never doubted it, well sorta never.

Speaking of gigs, it's been too long since our last one, but Mrs ramit and i still reminisce about the 10cc concert we attended.  Not much left of the original band of course but the standard was there and it was one hell of a good show.

Once went shopping in Nottingham and 10cc were playing a free concert in the market square. Passed just as they were doing "I'm not in love". Incredible (but true).

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Once went shopping in Nottingham and 10cc were playing a free concert in the market square. Passed just as they were doing "I'm not in love". Incredible (but true).

That you kept walking is the incredible bit but then again, you were in Nottingham

6 hours ago, ramit said:

That you kept walking is the incredible bit but then again, you were in Nottingham

:D It's true I didn't stop to watch all the concert, just 2 or 3 songs. My excuse is it was to do the Christmas shopping and my wife (who's Spanish) had never even heard of them :blink:

20 hours ago, ramit said:

You won't believe this but Graham Gouldman was in the East Midlands at De Montfort Hall with the remnants of 10cc only last week!

My old girl went with a friend. apparently  some of the crowd nearly lost their false teeth screaming for an encore.

23 hours ago, ramit said:

Going to see them again next Sunday in Buxton. Always a good night.

Funnily enough, 10cc were also the first band ( of note) that I saw at Sheffield City Hall in 1975.

I say of note as we used to see Mud, Sweet and all that lot at The Grey Topper in Jacksdale.  

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

You won't believe this but Graham Gouldman was in the East Midlands at De Montfort Hall with the remnants of 10cc only last week!

My old girl went with a friend. apparently  some of the crowd nearly lost their false teeth screaming for an encore.

Wonderful description, hope she and her friend had a grand time, sounds like it.

i do believe it, it was the same gig as we went to.  When they did Silly Love, i thought the roof would come down.  Front row central seats, sweet memory.  If they return to do another gig here, we are definitely going again. 

They were one of the greatest bands ever IMO, play them often and just today i revisited my first album with them Deceptive Bends that i bought at 16 and soon to be followed by anything i could lay my hands on with them.  At the end guitar solos in Feel The Benefit i cranked it up as high as the speakers would tolerate and moved around the living room as if in some spastic seizure doing luftguitar.  Great.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

Going to see them again next Sunday in Buxton. Always a good night.

Funnily enough, 10cc were also the first band ( of note) that I saw at Sheffield City Hall in 1975.

I say of note as we used to see Mud, Sweet and all that lot at The Grey Topper in Jacksdale.  

Now i am red with envy.  If you get a chance do a fellow Ram a huge favor and scream at Graham, Do Reykjavík Again.  At any rate, have a great time on Sunday evening.

Sweet you say?  i would consider them noteworthy, they were not just bubblegum pop, those boys could rock.

i played this album to death back in the days

9 hours ago, ramit said:

Now i am red with envy.  If you get a chance do a fellow Ram a huge favor and scream at Graham, Do Reykjavík Again.  At any rate, have a great time on Sunday evening.

Sweet you say?  i would consider them noteworthy, they were not just bubblegum pop, those boys could rock.

i played this album to death back in the days

Indeed! Discovered this via their b sides to their hit singles back in the early 70s. 

10 hours ago, ramit said:

Wonderful description, hope she and her friend had a grand time, sounds like it.

i do believe it, it was the same gig as we went to.  When they did Silly Love, i thought the roof would come down.  Front row central seats, sweet memory.  If they return to do another gig here, we are definitely going again. 

They were one of the greatest bands ever IMO, play them often and just today i revisited my first album with them Deceptive Bends that i bought at 16 and soon to be followed by anything i could lay my hands on with them.  At the end guitar solos in Feel The Benefit i cranked it up as high as the speakers would tolerate and moved around the living room as if in some spastic seizure doing luftguitar.  Great.

Loved the Original sound track, and sheet music. Played them both to death. 

Some of their tracks have not aged well, while others have. 

Old wild men booked for my funeral :)

23 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Loved the Original sound track, 

Old wild men booked for my funeral :)

There was a thread in Rams talk a few weeks ago that reminded me of Old Wild Men and I wanted to post but thought no-one would get the reference. :ph34r:

Regarding Original Soundtrack , the first 10cc gig I attended they opened the show with One Night in Paris even though the album hadn't been released (I think it was due out the following Monday) and we sat there totally mesmerised - and a bit bemused!

Last two 10cc concerts I've been to they performed 10cc and then Sheet Music albums in full. Brilliant! I don't suppose they will do Original Soundtrack this time but I can hope. 

When they did Sheet Music although he doesn't perform live any more Kevin Godley sang Old Wild Men on video  - perfect.

Just added Elbow to my list. Really looking forward to that one - although its not until March 1st.

Upcoming for me:

Catfish and the Bottlemen
Bastille
Panic! at the Disco
Slaves
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Avenged Sevenfold/In Flames/Disturbed
Two Door Cinema Club
Elbow

Would be a pretty decent festival list in my humble opinion!

Went to my 10cc gig tonight. Only got about 7cc - the mixing desk packed up about four songs into the second half and they couldn't get it working again so the concert was abandoned! 

We get to do it all again sometime next spring, apparently. 

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Went to my 10cc gig tonight. Only got about 7cc - the mixing desk packed up about four songs into the second half and they couldn't get it working again so the concert was abandoned! 

We get to do it all again sometime next spring, apparently. 

That's a shame. I've never been to a gig that was abandoned! Or a match come to think of it. 

4 hours ago, ketteringram said:

That's a shame. I've never been to a gig that was abandoned! Or a match come to think of it. 

I was once inside Wembley Stadium waiting alongside about 78,000 others when they announced Michael Jackson was too ill to perform. After about 6 hours queuing and standing the atmosphere was toxic.

Luckily never been at a first class footy match that has been abandoned - but came close a few times! 

5 hours ago, ketteringram said:

I was here. Eventhough it was so short, it was one of the best live shows I've witnessed:

13 July 1997 The Wildhearts' appearance at Ilosaarirock Festival at Joensuu in Finland ends in a near riot when Ginger incites the audience to join him on stage after the band get involved in a fracas with an allegedly heavy-handed security guard. With the crowd invading the stage, the power is cut and the band are forced to abort their set, having performed only five songs. Danny dislocates his shoulder, and Ginger comes away from the gig with a broken rib, putting the band's forthcoming UK tour in jeopardy. However, despite being advised by doctors to cancel the tour, Ginger decides that the show must go on, and bravely forges ahead.

And to add that, tent was pretty close to come down. Nowadays it would be scary, but then it was just fun...

Archived