upcoming gigs

rezner

21 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Was that Bingley Hall?Thats a bloody good bill.

It was Bingley Hall and it wasn't Iron Maiden!  It was Girl School, I had seen Iron Maiden earlier in the year at UMIST on the Metal for Muthas Tour.  I checked with my cousins.

My defence was that I was only 12, and was being dragged to concert after concert by my older cousins.  There was a lot of concerns back in those days!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It was Bingley Hall and it wasn't Iron Maiden!  It was Girl School, I had seen Iron Maiden earlier in the year at UMIST on the Metal for Muthas Tour.  I checked with my cousins.

My defence was that I was only 12, and was being dragged to concert after concert by my older cousins.  There was a lot of concerns back in those days!

Never saw Maiden with Di'anno unfortunately.

I didn't start going to gigs till I was 14(1983).Dio was my first.

I'm still tempted to go on Wednesday,Maiden never disappoint.

Otherwise it's November for Michael Schenker.

On 04/05/2017 at 09:43, admira said:

Latest upcoming list:

Imelda May (Ipswich) - Tonight

Frank Turner (London)

Depeche Mode (London)

Skids (Cambridge)

Cheap Trick (London)

Jesus and Mary Chain (Norwich)

Sparks (London)

The Beat (Bury)

Selecter (Bury)

Alice Cooper (London)

Peter Hook (Norwich)

Butlins Alternative - Skids, Buzzcocks, Ruts etc (Skegness)

Shine: Embrace, Wedding Present; Levellers, Happy Mondays etc (Minehead)

Busy bee!

Also looking forward to Depeche Mode

Sadly the missus thinks Human Leahue at Wolverhampton races is just as exciting.

Not been to so many gigs this year, did enjoy Kaiser Chiefs in Brum though, well worth a trip to Uttoxeter in summer, that Ricky, he's a naughty boy, swears like a trooper compared to his t.v persona.

Missus also has me going to Lets Rock Norwich (80's acts by the bucket) and ELO at the K.C too. She's a real 80's lover.

On 2017-5-4 at 09:43, admira said:

Latest upcoming list:

Imelda May (Ipswich) - Tonight

Frank Turner (London)

Depeche Mode (London)

Skids (Cambridge)

Cheap Trick (London)

Jesus and Mary Chain (Norwich)

Sparks (London)

The Beat (Bury)

Selecter (Bury)

Alice Cooper (London)

Peter Hook (Norwich)

Butlins Alternative - Skids, Buzzcocks, Ruts etc (Skegness)

Shine: Embrace, Wedding Present; Levellers, Happy Mondays etc (Minehead)

Busy bee!

Plenty in that list.

Cheap Trick and Alice Cooper the only ones I've seen.

Sparks,I'd forgot about them,didn't one of them have an unfortunate Hitler moustache?

Y&T in Newcastle in November for me. Oh and on the subject of Maiden, met Paul Dianno, Steve Harris and Dave Murray at the bowling alley in Sunderland, just before a gig there in 1980. Amazing to think that the band is still around (and bigger, better than ever) nearly 40 years later.

4 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Y&T in Newcastle in November for me. Oh and on the subject of Maiden, met Paul Dianno, Steve Harris and Dave Murray at the bowling alley in Sunderland, just before a gig there in 1980. Amazing to think that the band is still around (and bigger, better than ever) nearly 40 years later.

Y&T are a great band, Keep on Running,Midnight in Tokyo,Hang em High classic stuff.

41 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Y&T are a great band, Keep on Running,Midnight in Tokyo,Hang em High classic stuff.

Yes. Never saw them at the height of their career, such as when they (allegedly!?) blew away ACDC at Newcastle Mayfair. However, there's always a first time, so hopefully Meniketti will be on top form (it's a good excuse for a weekend in Newcastle anyway)!

7 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Yes. Never saw them at the height of their career, such as when they (allegedly!?) blew away ACDC at Newcastle Mayfair. However, there's always a first time, so hopefully Meniketti will be on top form (it's a good excuse for a weekend in Newcastle anyway)!

I first saw them at Donnington in 1984 but I didn't know them but thought they were good,Meanstreak had just come out.

I don't think Meniketti ever has an off day?

• 2 months later...

Don't post about music, but manage (fortunately) to see my fair share of gigs. Yesterday Foals delivered a fantastic performance at Victoria Park London (Citadel). Not sure who is better, them or the Arctics, but surely these two are the best bands of the present generation?

52 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don't post about music, but manage (fortunately) to see my fair share of gigs. Yesterday Foals delivered a fantastic performance at Victoria Park London (Citadel). Not sure who is better, them or the Arctics, but surely these two are the best bands of the present generation?

Artic Monkeys are great and they've grown brilliantly as musicians, but I've never really been able to get into Foals. Royal Blood on the other hand are really exciting and I think they could go big in the future. I still have a soft spot for the Foos as well.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Artic Monkeys are great and they've grown brilliantly as musicians, but I've never really been able to get into Foals. Royal Blood on the other hand are really exciting and I think they could go big in the future. I still have a soft spot for the Foos as well.

I've seen Royal Blood twice, being from Brighton and they are a top band. Difficult though given it is only the two of them to make their music sound much different from one song to the next. I think that might hold them back, not that it did the Foos ?

Keep hearing the Arctics will release their new album soon. Hopefully they won't disappoint.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I'm going to recommend them to the kids,I reckon if a 48 year old liked them it would make them uncool?

1 minute ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I've got quite a busy autumn lined up, Texas, Alison Moyet, Marc Almond and The Killers. Can't wait for the Killers gig, first time I will have seen them live. 

We've  got tickets for the killer too. Seeing them in Manchester.  Also seeing train,abc and Pete tong.

15 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

We've  got tickets for the killer too. Seeing them in Manchester.  Also seeing train,abc and Pete tong.

Tried to get Killers tickets last Friday. Got two for what was supposed to be £72 each and discovered that Ticketmaster totalled that to be £304 on checkout. So, b******s to them! Y&T in Newcastle in November. £25 a pop and far better!

Archived