Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve will stay if we go up, or have we all given up on that idea?

Not convinced he would want to go even if we don't manage promotion,

would be risky at this stage of rebuilding his career.

Steve and his staff have past connections to Derby, it's like home to them

so i really don't see it happening.  Hope he stays for many years to come.

Gravel voice Dyche or suave Steve, i know who i prefer, glad that Dyche

rubbished any rumors of him coming here.

​I think there is  a clear misconception between us guys on here buddy,

I've said it before but we never actually hammered Forest or Wolves. Yes, we scored five goals so it's a hammering, but we were hardly dominant were we? It's not like we pummelled them with 30 shots each.

Going back to that Wolves game, we literally scored with every attack. I'd say we peppered their goal more at Molineux than we did at the Ipro. We scored two set-pieces, a long ranger from Hendrick, a beautifully crafted fourth and a fifth which came from a cross aiming for Dawkins.

I'm not knocking us, but we were never really on top against Wolves despite the scoreline. Similar to Forest last year too. We created far more chances beating Watford 4-2 than we did beatin Forest 5-0.

So it's not like we held back at 5-0, more that the game just flowed in its natural cause and we didn't score anymore.

​At the time we played Wolves at Ipro they were on a very good run and had been above us in the table.

To beat a promotion rival 5-0 is a hammering. Just because they had some possession  doesn't mean it wasn't a hammering. Only a dead, relegated team  might lay down and let us hammer them in the sense you speak of. You won't get a decent team laying down to be hammered. What is the point of what you say ? Are you trying to say we didn't play very well that day. Wolves fans I know certainly viewed it as a hammering.

Its not unusual in any of the top leagues for a team that scores a load in the first half for them to relax in the second. Happens all the time and not just with Derby. 

​It was Rosler who put everything in place at Brentford for Warburton to carry on with.

Anyway Warburton's now selling buns! ;)

​I wouldn't say Warburton has only carried on Rosler's good work. Rosler left Brentford in December of their promotion year. Warburton managed to carry it on for another 5 months, which isn't just because of Rosler's work.

Not only that but he has taken a League One side to flirting with the play-offs all season and still only a point off currently. I don't think you can award that success to Rosler.

McClaren has said nothing different to Dyche, yet we almost immediately believe the latter and remain unconvinced of the former.

​It means nothing, but at least he's quashed the rumours and silenced the media until the end of the season. McClaren's "it's speculation" comments were much less convincing and has defintely affected us in the second half of the season.

There is surely absolutely zero difference between 'dismissing speculation' and saying 'I've no idea where the speculation is coming from'? It's just a different way of saying there's nothing in it, whether that's true or not...

And to say it's definitely affected us in second half of the season is, erm, pure speculation :ph34r:

Archived