Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-midfielder-Jeff-Hendrick-sent/story-26317902-detail/story.html

Said he should have been sent off and that it was a shocking challenge. Hardly a good idea to make comments about players you've got one eye on managing next year...

He should've been sent off though to be fair, it was reckless to say the least. 

We couldn't have had any complaints if the referee did brandish a Red IMO

There seem to be a lot of posters on here convinced that Mac is off to Newcastle in the summer. In my view, he  has been found wanting in certain respects this last few weeks, the team have all on to scrape into the play offs and his star is in decline at the moment. I would have thought that this makes him less attractive to the likes of Newcastle. I believe also that he still owes us , has things to prove and failure to get us promoted won't look great on his c.v. My question though is where is the evidence that he is going to Newcastle or anywhere else? If he goes, he goes and we find someone else- it's not the end of the world. Have I missed something or is there something more concrete  to the story than wooly denials from Mac and a few newspaper stories. Believing he will go is one thing  but stating it as a fact ( and blaming all our problems on it)  is another

What disappoints me about this season is the fact that our final league position and points tally will be both inferior to last season therefore we will have regressed. My biggest criticism of Cloughs regime was that we didn't show any signs of progress I level the same accusation at McClaren

What disappoints me about this season is the fact that our final league position and points tally will be both inferior to last season therefore we will have regressed. My biggest criticism of Cloughs regime was that we didn't show any signs of progress I level the same accusation at McClaren

What a load of **** 

There seem to be a lot of posters on here convinced that Mac is off to Newcastle in the summer. In my view, he  has been found wanting in certain respects this last few weeks, the team have all on to scrape into the play offs and his star is in decline at the moment. I would have thought that this makes him less attractive to the likes of Newcastle. I believe also that he still owes us , has things to prove and failure to get us promoted won't look great on his c.v. My question though is where is the evidence that he is going to Newcastle or anywhere else? If he goes, he goes and we find someone else- it's not the end of the world. Have I missed something or is there something more concrete  to the story than wooly denials from Mac and a few newspaper stories. Believing he will go is one thing  but stating it as a fact ( and blaming all our problems on it)  is another

​Er yea mate, a plumber doing a job at Moor Farm was talking to the players about it and it's 100% confirmed. Surprised you didn't hear :rolleyes:

Which bit, the statement about regression is factually correct we will finish on a lower points tally and league position then last season

More competitive this season as lots of teams can still win this league or get in the playoffs. 

Take Brentford for one they are a very good side and Reading in FA Cup still are no mugs but not near Rams in Championship. 

More competitive this season as lots of teams can still win this league or get in the playoffs. 

Take Brentford for one they are a very good side and Reading in FA Cup still are no mugs but not near Rams in Championship. 

Ok I accept your comments however you rubbished my comments which are facts like it or not- whether the bar has been set higher from last season is open to debate but we cannot escape from the fact that we will finish in a lower league position with fewer points than last season therefore this is defined as regression.

Ok I accept your comments however you rubbished my comments which are facts like it or not- whether the bar has been set higher from last season is open to debate but we cannot escape from the fact that we will finish in a lower league position with fewer points than last season therefore this is defined as regression.

Not at all I said it was a tougher Championship than last season with better teams over all the league than last season and I still believe that fact. 

Bournemouth are a top notch side and so are Norwich and Watford etc etc 

Not at all I said it was a tougher Championship than last season with better teams over all the league than last season and I still believe that fact. 

Bournemouth are a top notch side and so are Norwich and Watford etc etc 

Ok would it be fairer to say then that Watford as in your example have progressed further than us from last season? Which provides the same end result which is that we have fallen behind other teams in the league which will be illustrated in our final standing 

Ok would it be fairer to say then that Watford as in your example have progressed further than us from last season? Which provides the same end result which is that we have fallen behind other teams in the league which will be illustrated in our final standing 

No when McClaren came to Derby we were struggling and he took us on to higher than expected expectations last season 

No when McClaren came to Derby we were struggling and he took us on to higher than expected expectations last season 

You've overlooked my point I agree with you about last season but what about this season comparitive with last season you're saying other teams like Watford have improved ergo we have fallen backwards that's the only explanation not sure why you won't accept this - if the Championship has become tougher it's because other teams have bettered themselves comparitive to us 

You've overlooked my point I agree with you about last season but what about this season comparitive with this season you're saying other teams like Watford have improved ergo we have fallen backwards that's the only explanation not sure why you won't accept this - if the Championship has become tougher it's because other teams have bettered themselves comparitive to us 

I'm going out lol iI answer you later but in essence your right on other teams have improved such as Wolves and Bournemouth etc and don't forget Norwich only just down from Prem with a parachute payment which we can't compete with other than with loans 

You've overlooked my point I agree with you about last season but what about this season comparitive with last season you're saying other teams like Watford have improved ergo we have fallen backwards that's the only explanation not sure why you won't accept this - if the Championship has become tougher it's because other teams have bettered themselves comparitive to us 

Or maybe we over achieved last season, we were an unknown quantity that for the previous 5 years had finished no higher than 10th.  This year teams have set their stall out to stop us playing, and the team are not coping with the weight of expectation on their shoulders.

They should still not escape criticism, as shouldn't the manager who over the past 8 games should have picked up enough points to keep us in the auto promotion race.  I do feel that when he is under pressure similar to when he managed England, he has fallen short by changing things until it's to late.

Having said that, overall I have enjoyed his tenure at the club and seen the best football since Jim smith was in charge, if he was to leave we could end up better but also we could end up with another jewel, or Gregory, with SM in charge we know that even if we don't get promoted this year, we will be up there going for it again next season.

Finally if we go up, it will be an improvement on last year :-)

Archived