Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Er yea mate, a plumber doing a job at Moor Farm was talking to the players about it and it's 100% confirmed. Surprised you didn't hear :rolleyes:

​Get this .

At Wigan at half time there was a DI-CK head in the toilets saying  "I`ve got a mate who knows someone who scouts for Huddersfield Town and he says McClaren is going ".

So it must be true I bet he reads the Sun too 

Sith Happens

I hope if he does leave we dont get promoted. I can think of nothing worse than having to look for a new manager whilst trying to prepare for life in the premier league.

If he does go, why not give another ex england manager the platform to relaunch his managerial career, Glenn Hoddle. Very talented, arguably would have taken England on had he had the chance.

Would be quite excited to see what he could do with our exciting bunch of players.

I'm convinced  McClaren will be at Derby next season 

​Please, no.

But you are probably right, if any other club with an interest in him analysis his comical team selections and formations they will soon be put off, regrettably!

​Please, no.

But you are probably right, if any other club with an interest in him analysis his comical team selections and formations they will soon be put off, regrettably!

No he's doing a good job at Derby thanks. 

Were going to win the playoffs watch this space. 

What really annoys me is when he says stupid stuff like "the team isn't playing with the freedom of last year, they are not as fluid, fast and attacking ", well gee, don't you pick the team, choose the formation and set the playing style? 

If he goes he goes, it's not the end of the world. But based on our capitulation this part of the season his stock won't be that high. I really don't think we are going up this season. Of we do I'll donate 250 to this site and 250 to a charity of Daveo's choosing.

What really annoys me is when he says stupid stuff like "the team isn't playing with the freedom of last year, they are not as fluid, fast and attacking ", well gee, don't you pick the team, choose the formation and set the playing style? 

If he goes he goes, it's not the end of the world. But based on our capitulation this part of the season his stock won't be that high. I really don't think we are going up this season. Of we do I'll donate 250 to this site and 250 to a charity of Daveo's choosing.

M8 he is going and will be no great loss , he's been unlucky with injuries but some of his decisions the last 4 weeks are laughable 

As a DM yes.

Bryson wasn't playing as a DM to my knowledge. 

Hendrick  and Bryson played as a two in the middle 1st half  and then with Dawkins as a three 2nd  half 

Thorne , Eustace and Mascarell injured and Hanson still learning so what was Macs alternative  

He wasn't a DM to my knowledge. 

Hendrick  and Bryson played as a two in the middle. 

Thorne , Eustace and Mascarell injured and Hanson still learning so what was Macs alternative  

You mention the solution in your reply, Hanson. I honestly couldn't tell what formation we were playing yesterday, but it mostly seemed to involve no one in the middle, never mind two.

I'm not a wrist slasher, nor a moaner, and give credit to Brentford it was the best away performance I've seen at the Ipro, up there with Norwich, we somehow got a point from both games.

My point is unless Bryson gets to run beyond the front man, he's ineffective. I can see that, you should see that, why can't Maclaren? 

Bryson wasn't playing as a DM to my knowledge. 

Hendrick  and Bryson played as a two in the middle 1st half  and then with Dawkins as a three 2nd  half 

Well that's where your knowledge comes in , as I thought clueless about the game , unless is making runs beyond Martin he's nowhere near the same player 

You mention the solution in your reply, Hanson. I honestly couldn't tell what formation we were playing yesterday, but it mostly seemed to involve no one in the middle, never mind two.

I'm not a wrist slasher, nor a moaner, and give credit to Brentford it was the best away performance I've seen at the Ipro, up there with Norwich, we somehow got a point from both games.

My point is unless Bryson gets to run beyond the front man, he's ineffective. I can see that, you should see that, why can't Maclaren? 

Mac knows all our DMs are injured except Hanson who  is really a CB .

He has limited options and it's bad luck .

Until Thorne of Eustace gets fit Mac has limited options  

A lot of Derby fans didn't rate Mascarell but I thought he was very good for us and was much maligned but is also injured  

Well that's where your knowledge comes in , as I thought clueless about the game , unless is making runs beyond Martin he's nowhere near the same player 

Does that not show how limited Bryson's game is then? A quality midfielder should be able to play in a two in the middle, if he can't adapt his game then he will struggle at any decent level.

For the record, he is not a bad player but is going through a bad patch, blame the manager for that if you wish, but it's down to the player to dig in, get back to what he was doing well last year, and help us get promoted this season.

Does that not show how limited Bryson's game is then? A quality midfielder should be able to play in a two in the middle, if he can't adapt his game then he will struggle at any decent level.

For the record, he is not a bad player but is going through a bad patch, blame the manager for that if you wish, but it's down to the player to dig in, get back to what he was doing well last year, and help us get promoted this season.

Leedsram I agree with you but he's playing to instructions , has he to go against what mclaren wants him to do ? 

Leedsram I agree with you but he's playing to instructions , has he to go against what mclaren wants him to do ? 

His instructions can't be, be anonymous for 90 minutes, he will have trained for 6 days in the week working on a system, he has the ability to re perform that on a match day.

Both him and Hendrick have been disappointing for me this season, blaming the manager is a poor excuse, Hughes has shown to be head and shoulders above both of them, and when he is absent neither have grasped the game and controlled it.  Saying he can't follow instructions is saying he has limited ability and to me that's not the case.

Archived