Derby search for McClaren replacement..

Imagine the scenes when Newcastle fans are told they've shelled out £2m on making Mac manager?

I think our failure in this latter part of the season has almost sealed McClaren's fate. 

If he fails to achieve the playoffs then he would struggle to get a move to any Premier League club. 

I wouldn't panic - I think McClaren would go, which is why he hasn't outright denied the option, but I don't think Newcastle, or any Premier League club, would want him following our capitulation this season. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told again last night this story is just rubbish and lazy journalism at this time.There has been no approach from Newcastle no discussions between Mac,Derby and Newcastle about him leaving there fore  no agreement.

Believe what Sam is telling you he has no at all to gain by lying to you he never has yet and would destroy his credibility if he did.

I still want him to be Derby manager and why not as he's done a good job .

Im not getting all this negativity now it's gone too far and it's not reasonable  

PS He's never once said he's leaving Derby County and to be honest if he does he's still done a good job as he will have left us in good shape.  

​So why would the next manager get us anywhere near the playoffs? Same squad, different coach.

Put it this way, if Mac left and we brought Clough back, would he get us to the heights Mac has? No, because it's the exact same squad only with some decent loans who are gone at the end of the season.

Why all this talk of Mac leaving, he failed at florest, failed at wolfsburg, was out of work and decided to go and work with arry, no prem side touched him, so bid Sam builds a cracking backroom staff minus fitness team lol and we give him a great platform to succeed and is a happy boy so signs a new contract, have i missed anything ?

Why all this talk of Mac leaving, he failed at florest, failed at wolfsburg, was out of work and decided to go and work with arry, no prem side touched him, so bid Sam builds a cracking backroom staff minus fitness team lol and we give him a great platform to succeed and is a happy boy so signs a new contract, have i missed anything ?

I still want him to be Derby manager and why not as he's done a good job .

Im not getting all this negativity now it's gone too far and it's not reasonable  

PS He's never once said he's leaving Derby County and to be honest if he does he's still done a good job as he will have left us in good shape.  

Yes sorry bit tongue in cheek that one, off the top of my head i cannot see a better coach around, funny the last time we were this good is under the bald eagle and guess what, mac was the coach

​I know this is a joke but in all seriousness that's a bit harsh. The fitness team recieved a lot of plaudits last year because we only had one or two impact injuries. Our players were dealt with well. I think we're pushing too hard in training if you ask me. Just a theory.

if you drive your car convinced you will die in a car crash, the chances are you WILL die in a car crash.

I enjoy debate, but I just wish Derby 'fans' would stop creating/believing/spreading this rubbish, or it will happen!

if you drive your car convinced you will die in a car crash, the chances are you WILL die in a car crash.

I enjoy debate, but I just wish Derby 'fans' would stop creating/believing/spreading this rubbish, or it will happen!

No negativity on my part as I fully support him. 

The problem is, the job he has done here has been far from outstanding and without promotion to the Premier League, he has achieved very little. 

Teams with lower budget and less expectations have trumped us on a number of occasions. If Newcastle have a choice of a Warburton on a free, who has managed his side to the playoffs playing good stuff on a level budget, or McClaren for 2m then it's a no brainer. 

I agree there shouldn't be any negativity, but McClaren's reputation will have taken a significant hit in the past six weeks and unless he rectifies it now then Newcastle will look elsewhere. 

They just need a more attractive offer to appease the fans - I don't think that is too difficult whether we win promotion or not.

The problem is, the job he (mcclaren) has done here has been far from outstanding and without promotion to the Premier League, he has achieved very little. 

McClaren's reputation will have taken a significant hit in the past six weeks.

Archived