Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok ... So if derby start a free fall I can decide to abandon them and choose a glossier shinier club .. After all there's no loyalty in football is there ?

I'd like to think that the common decency of sport differs it from the cut throat nasty world of corporate business ...and u know what every fee paying fan should rise up and reject the me me me world of modern football . 

SM does owe dcfc .. We've most likely helped him resurrect his flagging career . Even if he achieves nothing in the process and we r still a championship side ....

people sign contracts , agree deals , make handshakes to convince chairmans to hire them ...

if the manager crap he get fired and a healthy pay off ...win win !

Hes been at the club 18 months .. If he jumps ship for a bigger pay check ( he earns enough at dcfc ) then I hope it all fold around him and he never works again . 

We we all have opinions and just criticise dcfc when ever we want .

His teams are organised, defend well and he gets results - look at Palace last season. I don't like the guy but the point I'm tryin to mAke is there's life after Steve. How does he quash it? Simple really he comes out and says it's rubbish and he's here for the long term. What has he said - nothing except it's that time of year and he doesn't know where it's coming from. Well it's comin from somewhere and Mac is doing NOTHING to quash it,

Fickle for having an opinion - I don't think so my friend. I've been watching Derby County before you were on this bloody earth so don't tell me I'm bloody fickle. I've seen Mac here as player, assistant and bloody head coach. People like you make me bloody sick turning on every fan who dares to question Derby County. So when you've been watchin this great club as long as me then I'll bloody listen - pal. i don't want Mac to go but if he does then so be it. 

​I stopped reading as soon as I saw 'I supported Derby before..

Can't stand it when people think their opinion is more valid because they've been around longer.

On the topic of respectfulness, did anyone else notice that we always seem to stop once we've put five past the opposition? Forest and Wolves are the two games that really stick in my mind. We could have stuck six, seven or even eight past them, but we just slowed the tempo down and controlled the game for the last 20/30 minutes. Yes, I realise it's me being hyper-critical but;

1. it's something that really bugged me, especially seeing as I'm a part of the generation of Derby fans that has never seen us score six. 
  2. it's a minor problem that seems to have developed to the point were if we go 2-0 then we'll be content with that and control, like Charlton at home. 

​I think there is  a clear misconception between us guys on here buddy,

I've said it before but we never actually hammered Forest or Wolves. Yes, we scored five goals so it's a hammering, but we were hardly dominant were we? It's not like we pummelled them with 30 shots each.

Going back to that Wolves game, we literally scored with every attack. I'd say we peppered their goal more at Molineux than we did at the Ipro. We scored two set-pieces, a long ranger from Hendrick, a beautifully crafted fourth and a fifth which came from a cross aiming for Dawkins.

I'm not knocking us, but we were never really on top against Wolves despite the scoreline. Similar to Forest last year too. We created far more chances beating Watford 4-2 than we did beatin Forest 5-0.

So it's not like we held back at 5-0, more that the game just flowed in its natural cause and we didn't score anymore.

To criticise , be opinionated , call out poor performances and of course praise to the rafters when it's due - is all part of intellectual debate and part and parcel of a being a paying fan .

How else do things ever get changed .  This over loyalty to under achievement and this .. "Must get behind the lads / manager etc" is part of the reason this huge fantastic great club has stood still for the 40 bloody years I've been watching them .

Ffs Bales has had a few poor games at Madrid and they want his head on a stick !

Mentality is all wrong with a certain group of people . 

With the high wages paid out and the superb support ...demand success .. It's deserved ! 

Nothing wrong with measured criticism, no one team is perfect and everyone can improve.

But stating our manager owes us something is wrong and it's a poor mentality to have.

The Bale example is perfect. He scored winning goals in the Copa del Rey and Champions League final last season. He goes nine games without a goal this season and that's enough for Madrid fans and press to absolutely hammer him.

Fickle doesn't even describe it.

Fans have every right to criticise the manager when his downfalls are obvious, and managers have every right to move on if they've done a good job.

Loyalty? That doesn't even exist in football. Choices? They certainly do. 

Contracts protect clubs from players/managers walking away for free. If any said player/manager underperforms they're either sold or sacked. It's ruthless.

If any player/manager wants to leave during a contract, all of a sudden he's disloyal... Rubbish!

Archived