Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both would be good options. 

Dyche has worked absolute wonders with Burnley and if he keeps them up this year then he deserves to be knighted! 

Same goes for Warburton. He has his side playing some great football and has done it all on a shoestring budget. If he gets Brentford promoted this season, at our expense, then he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

I'm still a bit bemused by this McClaren to Newcastle rumour though. Both Dyche and Warburton are more attractive options for them. 

Both would be good options.

Dyche has worked absolute wonders with Burnley and if he keeps them up this year then he deserves to be knighted!

Same goes for Warburton. He has his side playing some great football and has done it all on a shoestring budget. If he gets Brentford promoted this season, at our expense, then he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

I'm still a bit bemused by this McClaren to Newcastle rumour though. Both Dyche and Warburton are more attractive options for them.

Of course, I'd be gutted if Mac left. We'd probably lose Simpson and Steele as well, which would be a bummer.

That being said, Warburton and Dyche are more than capable replacements who have done brilliantly well with poor sides this year. Imagine the wonders they could work with our squad.

Why? 

Gary Neville has had to work so hard for everything he has achieved and clearly has a third eye for football. He's been with the England team for over a year now, so has real life coaching experience. 

Mike Phelan was a wonderful right hand man to Sir Alex, since then he went to Norwich and aided in their revival and now he is at Hull, hoping to do the same. He's an established coach who would no doubt preserve the relationship with Eric Steele. 

Steve has done wonders for this club in a short space of time, but i do think it's best for all parties if he moves on.

He's turned us from a crap championship team, into one of the best. Now we need someone in to take us to the next level.

​Stuart Pearce worked with the England team for a number of years. It is no guarantee of skill or aptitude. I am constantly mystified at the reverence afforded to Neville simply because he can work the computers on Sky Sports. He has no more claim to being a decent coach than Andy Gray.

Phelan is a little more difficult to dismiss. I just can't help seeing him as Fergie's nodding dog. Little more than a mouthpiece hired to regurgitate inane platitudes to camera when Fergie was too menopausal to give interviews.

Would be happy with Warburton or Dysche, Steve had us so solid before Christmas but the heads have completely gone. Never get out of this division like this, you can have a blip sure but 1 win in 7 is not good enough. If Burnley came down I think Dysche would be interested, bigger club and facilities to have a go at really establishing himself in the top flight.

Archived