Derby search for McClaren replacement..

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Mac was **** all before he got the job at us. His reputation in tatters and was coaching at QPR because he couldn't get a job anywhere.

Now his reputation has now been restored and he's going to **** off at the earliest opportunity when a bigger club comes sniffing? I'd hate the bloke.

Steve McClaren isn't - or at least doesn't seem to be - a stupid man so I doubt this is true.

Why burn his bridges at Derby for a job that he probably won't be first in line for anyway? It seems daft. 

If Newcastle were genuinely interested, readying the £2m compo bid, and offering him the £60m war chest then he would be stupid to turn it down - especially on a big, lucrative, long contract - however, Newcastle would be brain dead to entertain McClaren if they can offer that type of opportunity.

Garde, De Boer, Benitez...etc would all appease the fans a bit more and more than likely be a better choice.

IF they were struggling financially then I would kind of accept that they may take a chance on a manager from the Championship who has been doing okay. Warburton would look far more attractive in that situation anyway. 

West Ham are not an easy team to play against and have improved in attacking attractive football, I doubt that's from the players deciding to change their abilities, plus he (in my opinion remember) has a good eye for transfers, getting Song and Andy Carroll were great signings I thought, obviously Carroll is always injured but I believe if Carroll could play like he used to in his Newcastle days it would be a great signing.

so go on.... tell me how your opinion is more valuable

Mac and Co have worked to make sure we have a certain philosophy now at Derby from youth level to first team. 

You want a manager that continues that. Look at the growth of Southampton  and Swansea. Adkins and Martinez to Pochetino and Sousa to Koeman and Rodgers and one more for Swansea was to Laudrup wasn't it? 

Being promoted through the play offs would give us a much wider scope. 

If you believe the Daily Mirror and twitter and that McClaren tells his business to canteen staff. 

West Ham are not an easy team to play against and have improved in attacking attractive football, I doubt that's from the players deciding to change their abilities, plus he (in my opinion remember) has a good eye for transfers, getting Song and Andy Carroll were great signings I thought, obviously Carroll is always injured but I believe if Carroll could play like he used to in his Newcastle days it would be a great signing.

so go on.... tell me how your opinion is more valuable

Come on .. SM was finished as a serious manager in the UK .. He's been given one hell if an opportunity at derby . Great fan base , history and back room staff . He really really owes DCFC some loyalty and respect . Get us promoted and he's achieved something and paid back his wages 10 fold . However I'd still expect 1 years stabilising in the PM . What's football if there's no honour or pride in the badge . 

Lets see what happens over coming months . It might all be rubbish . My hunch says there's something in it though ! 

Newcastle with that oaf as chairman ...I would question the mans ethics and judgement if that were true ! 

​I like Big Sam. My point was purely on the latter statement over a 'no nonsense old fashioned manager'.

I wouldn't pigeon hole Allardyce in that category but I would like to see us keep on with the methods we use now. 

Allardyce would be a good choice because he's a good manager, but he would want to change a lot here and put his own stamp on it. For better or worse.

it doesn't matter because Allardyce wouldn't come here if we're still a Championship club. 

The problem we have is a lack of balance. We are an attacking side, and when we are steamrollering teams we love it. But the problem is, success isn't built on being a team that could score 3 on any given day, but also ship the same amount at the other end. 

Solid defence first because if you haven't conceded, you haven't lost. Then you build on that. It doesn't always have to be Billy Davies 1-0s because you are tight at the back. 

Hell, Clough Snr had a hell of a defence here, but **** me could we attack with flair. 

I would suggest that has been SM biggest mistake here. Not sorting the defence in January, and instead focussing on signing more attacking players. 

Yes McClarens done a good job getting us from mid table mediocrity (like leeds) to promotion contenders. But is that and what could be two failed promotion attempts with this squad really desirable? Tbh if we fail to reach the play offs with a squad of this quality will the board even want him? Just saying on paper he hasn't really made us that much better in regards to the league we are in, Nigel would of kept us in this league albeit playing bad football and towards the bottom of the league. The only thing Macs done is give the club a good feel factor which for me has made me enjoy the sport again and happier in general. For all those saying they want rid, ill leave you with this, would you rather us going into games against the top teams fearing the worse or seriously thinking we can get a win. Yes the past weeks have been poor but the whole atmosphere around the ground has been brill since his arrival. So lets stop thinking he will go and start believing we can still go up!!! COYR

ps not as good as b4 I know...

Yes McClarens done a gorod job getting us from mid table mediocrity (like leeds) to promotion contenders But is that and what could be two failed promortion attemptrs with this sqruad really desirable? Tbhr if we fail to reach the plary offs with a squad of this quality will the boarfd even wafnt him? Just sarying on pafper he hasn't really made us that much better in regfards to the league we are in Nigel would orf kept us in this league albeit playing bad football and towards rthe bottom of the league Trhe only thing Macs done is give thef club a good feel factor which for me has made me enfjoy the sport again and happier in general. For all those saying they fwanrt rid ill leave yofu with this would youf rather us going into games against the topf teams fearing the worse or seriouslfy thinking we can get a win Yes the past fweekrs have been prroor but the whole atmorsphere around the ground hars been brill since his arrival So lets stop thinking he will go and start believing we can still go up!!! COYR

ps not as good as b4 I know...

Archived