Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

I think the 18 month break will kill Wlad. Inactivity at 41 after being beat is not going to help. He threw 12 punches on average against an awkward Fury, but not a massive puncher. 

I think Joshua will blow him away, inside four for me. Not because AJ is a better boxer, more because he will overwhelm Wlad, fresher, younger, heavier hands. 

On a side note, aside from the Campbell v Perez fight, the undercard is weak for a 90000 Wembley card. 

54 minutes ago, Ramchester said:

I think the 18 month break will kill Wlad. Inactivity at 41 after being beat is not going to help. He threw 12 punches on average against an awkward Fury, but not a massive puncher. 

I think Joshua will blow him away, inside four for me. Not because AJ is a better boxer, more because he will overwhelm Wlad, fresher, younger, heavier hands. 

On a side note, aside from the Campbell v Perez fight, the undercard is weak for a 90000 Wembley card. 

Hearn was talking about this in December. 

Basically the undercard takes its cut from the main event. 

If the main competitors take less money then that's more for the undercard to attract buys on ppv

Obviously Joshua and Wlad are going to sell without a strong undercard. So they'll take more money for the fight. 

Some fighters like Eubank Jnr want big money from ppv events fighting lesser opponents meaning their undercard is weaker. This is where Hearn says they need to realise it won't sell and that's when they should be thinking about taking a small slice of a bigger pie than having all of a small pie.

Don't think there's any fight on the undercard I'm interested in. Okolie looks interesting but he'll end this opponent inside 5 minutes. 

I can't wait for the day Billy Joe Saunders gets smashed. Could be June!!

33 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hearn was talking about this in December. 

Basically the undercard takes its cut from the main event. 

If the main competitors take less money then that's more for the undercard to attract buys on ppv

Obviously Joshua and Wlad are going to sell without a strong undercard. So they'll take more money for the fight. 

Some fighters like Eubank Jnr want big money from ppv events fighting lesser opponents meaning their undercard is weaker. This is where Hearn says they need to realise it won't sell and that's when they should be thinking about taking a small slice of a bigger pie than having all of a small pie.

Don't think there's any fight on the undercard I'm interested in. Okolie looks interesting but he'll end this opponent inside 5 minutes. 

I can't wait for the day Billy Joe Saunders gets smashed. Could be June!!

But if both fighters are walking away with 20 million (?!?!?!?) then he's not struggling with sales. Even if they stuck another $5 on to PPV sales then they'd make another half million quid. 

The Froch v Groves card was pretty good, Mitchell v Maduma for mandatory IBF fight, Jamie McDonnell as a World Title Fight, DeGale fight for mandatory at the winner of Froch/Groves, an up and coming Joshua, then some young British talent. What's the draw on the undercard tonight? Okolie is a talent for sure, Quigg? 

I'm 7 hours ahead in Aus, i'll get up about 4.45 to watch the main event, and YouTube any decent reports of undercard fights. 

1 hour ago, Ramchester said:

But if both fighters are walking away with 20 million (?!?!?!?) then he's not struggling with sales. Even if they stuck another $5 on to PPV sales then they'd make another half million quid. 

The Froch v Groves card was pretty good, Mitchell v Maduma for mandatory IBF fight, Jamie McDonnell as a World Title Fight, DeGale fight for mandatory at the winner of Froch/Groves, an up and coming Joshua, then some young British talent. What's the draw on the undercard tonight? Okolie is a talent for sure, Quigg? 

I'm 7 hours ahead in Aus, i'll get up about 4.45 to watch the main event, and YouTube any decent reports of undercard fights. 

Yeah but they must have figured it's going to sell massive numbers so no need to spend on the undercard. 

Great fight.

I'm not quite sure what happened to AJ in round five, he looked absoloutely spent and the 6th round knockdown came as little surprise to me. I thought Wlad would go on to win it on points from there.

Great effort from AJ to come back. Massive question marks over his fitness and defence though. I think Fury would beat him with movement and extra weight when clinching.

I actually think Fury would beat him on a wide UD.

Wow. Can't recall seeing a better fight.

No rematch, please. At 41, in great shape but off two straight defeats, Vlad should pack it in. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Haters have less ammo tonight

19-0. 

19KO's

the great Klitschko inside 20 fights. 

Got up from heavy knockdown. 

Took hits on the ropes.

What can they say? Ha! 

Be proud Britain!!!

He's a brilliant boxer and most importantly a fantastic bloke but I'd like to see him take a fight against the real top heavyweight. Klitschko is a legend and brought himself into brilliant shape for tonight but I don't consider him as one of the best anymore. The heavyweight division is certainly looking a lot more exciting now with joshua, wilder, Parker and Tyson fury to soon come back. Wilder's right though. Having a single title would make the division even more exciting.

3 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

why would you hate AJ? own countryman knocking people out for fun?

But this shows how great Tysons achievement was in germany, Wlad didnt get anywhere near tyson 18 months ago

I don't think anyone hates Joshua. It's Eddie Hearn they dislike as you heard with the many boos towards him after the match.