Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Fury would be a very different test for AJ. Going to be hard to get inside him with Fury having the size and superior reach. He's going to have to work hard to unlock the door with Fury I think, otherwise he'll just be jabbed to death and Fury wins on decision.

Eggington won last night. I like Sam Eggington. He's like Quigg in the way he just has a tear up. By the time he's retired he's going to look like a monster. 

Unfortunately his weight category is the strongest in boxing. I think a world title will be a step too far

We're getting some serious dodgy decisions in the UK. Warrington didn't beat Martinez. I wanted him to but he didn't. How can anyone say he did? 

There was Ricky Burns in the fight before last and then there was another one. 

Boxing is back on the radar. It just got a 90,000 crowd. Pay per View numbers are massive. If Mayweather v McGregor goes ahead or Golovkin v Alvarez then those numbers will be insane

There are amazing fights still to be made involving UK fighters.

And some idiots would have boxing stuffed back in the "It's all corruption and politics" box and thrown back in the shed. 

Because if you come to the UK and let it go to points then you get robbed. 

So glad that Joshua V Klitschko didn't go to points. They'd have given a draw if Klitschko had won the last round. If Joshua had won it they'd give it him. Whoever comes up with this **** are just greedy. 

It's like a referee awarding penalties to Man United over Bournemouth from out of nothing because United have more viewing figures

Maybe I need to watch it again. Some media think he won it in the early fight so maybe I'm letting the second half stick in memory more. But I couldn't give Warrington 6 rounds never mind a win.

If anyone is arsed...

The scoring from judges has become super hypocritical recently.

Floyd Mayweather won so many wide UD by just ducking, diving and countering. Now you see fighters similarly fight on the back foot and get punished for not being aggressive enough.

Where is the consistency?

On 2017-5-14 at 22:23, Bris Vegas said:

The scoring from judges has become super hypocritical recently.

Floyd Mayweather won so many wide UD by just ducking, diving and countering. Now you see fighters similarly fight on the back foot and get punished for not being aggressive enough.

Where is the consistency?

It's consistent tbf. The fighter that's worth more and can be part of the bigger shows will consistently get the nod. 

I think back to that Ricky Burns win. It's insulting that the judges can give that decision and we all have to accept it. It was an embarrassing daylight robbery against Relikh

Even sometimes when it's tight and you don't agree you can accept it. Then the scores come out and it's like 9-3 on rounds!! 

God, Mayweather is a cock. You'd think he's active with how much talking he does about himself when his fighters are out. 

I'd like to see him and Billy Joe Saunders have a fight. Under water. With no breathing apparatus. For 12 rounds. Hughie Fury to referee

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

God, Mayweather is a cock. You'd think he's active with how much talking he does about himself when his fighters are out. 

I'd like to see him and Billy Joe Saunders have a fight. Under water. With no breathing apparatus. For 12 rounds. Hughie Fury to referee

Sounds like he is fighting Conor McGregor. McGregors signed his part.

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Sounds like he is fighting Conor McGregor. McGregors signed his part.

Will probably be the easiest money he'll add to his fortune and the most. 

There's a reason freestyle footballers aren't on professional pitches. There's a reason McGregor isn't in a boxing ring. 

It's crazy there's this much interest. I like McGregor and appreciate he's hard as nails. But this isn't street fighting against Nate Diaz or any other UFC fighter. His opponents may have black belts in Kung Fu but none of them have spent their entire lives working on head movement, balance, footwork, ring craft and punching in a boxing ring. Now McGregor is going up against a guy isn't just a qualified boxer. He's elite! He's never lost to another elite.

Mayweather will be even more unbearable during and after this. 

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Will probably be the easiest money he'll add to his fortune and the most. 

There's a reason freestyle footballers aren't on professional pitches. There's a reason McGregor isn't in a boxing ring. 

It's crazy there's this much interest. I like McGregor and appreciate he's hard as nails. But this isn't street fighting against Nate Diaz or any other UFC fighter. His opponents may have black belts in Kung Fu but none of them have spent their entire lives working on head movement, balance, footwork, ring craft and punching in a boxing ring. Now McGregor is going up against a guy isn't just a qualified boxer. He's elite! He's never lost to another elite.

Mayweather will be even more unbearable during and after this. 

Yup I see it only going one way. McGregor can't go to ground or anything like that if it's not going well.

I like UFC but if you're an elite boxer you'll probably gravitate towards boxing than MMA. 

Fair play to McGregor for giving it a go though. A big pay day or not his reputation is on the line. And Mayweather too I suppose. It'd be more embarrassing for him if he lost.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

why hughie?

After seeing Chavez Jr pick up roughly $15 million US for throwing about 10 punches a round against Canelo, it honestly doesn't surprise me to see Mayweather and McGregor go at it.

They're both going to be absoloutely loaded after this. Mayweather will just duck, dive, weave and counter all night while McGregor will just follow his lead.

UD Mayweather. Both keep their reputations and egos intact, both come out stinking rich.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Mayweather is in the UK now for Gervonta Davies.

Him and his whole TMT thing all seem like knobbers. Mayweather hasn't shut up since the plane landed

If somebody like Carl Frampton had his record and fighting style, he wouldn't get anywhere near the amount of publicity.

It's not the way he fights or his unbeaten record which has seen him become a global superstar, it's his unlikeable personality. So many watch his fights in the hope he gets ko'ed.

I would have loved to see some guy flatter him, but unfortunately he's too smart when it comes to opponent selecting and timing.

22 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

why hughie?

I find him impossible to listen to. He's not the brightest and when he starts insulting other fighters opponents... 

I find it hard to believe a skin condition held him back as much as he claimed.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I find him impossible to listen to. He's not the brightest and when he starts insulting other fighters opponents... 

I find it hard to believe a skin condition held him back as much as he claimed.

He's only insulted Wilder from what I can see