What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

9 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Still a great album! Got it on CD.

I recall saying “He’ll be a one hit wonder, how do you follow ‘Space Oddity?’

He did! Brilliantly.

Brammie Steve you are so right I was a bit to young in 1969 to appreciate Space Oddity and Bowie as a performer but thanks to a older cousin who was 18 in 1972 I was introduced to Ziggy Stardust album and was hooked and then seeing him on Top Of The Pops perform Starman made it even better. It's amazing to think that Ziggy Stardust was never a single. 

• 2 weeks later...

Þursaflokkurinn was a quality band and had a sound all their own, even as they changed directions with each album.  i saw this little clip of gibbon apes encountering a hedgehog which got me listening again to the last great album by the band.

This came out in 1982 and a few friends of mine and i attended the concert where they played all the songs from start to finish.  i already had the album and was blown away by how easily they got every tone and timing right, exactly as it played on the album.

A couple of songs, first the instrumental piece Ranimosk

Gibbon.  Change the playback to high quality of this one for best enjoyment.

Edited by ramit
Added info

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Sat queueing in traffic this morning and could hear this belting out from a nearby car. Sounded great to be fair.

'He used to do surgery

For girls in the 80's

But Gravity always wins

and it wears him out'.

One of my all time favourite lyrics.

The Bends and OK Computer are my two favourite albums by any band, the order changes depending on mood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a beautiful day here, sun is shining, temperature in the late teens, folks sporting their summer clothes, we take what we can get while we can get it.  Meanwhile the ground keeps rising, magma bubbling a few hundreds meters below, they say the whole peninsula has risen considerably, the Keilir area over 20cm so far.  Been quaking non stop for a few days, out in the Eldey area as well, which is rather ominous, however it's a lovely day and all is good in our world, for now.

Edited by ramit
typo

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Had my small bowel MRI yesterday and got tracks 8 to 17 of this beauty in the headphones (not through choice I hasten to add)

https://www.discogs.com/release/5018577-Various-Pure-Rock-Ballads-36-Essential-Rock-Classics

Who knew that power ballads went so well with 45 minutes of extreme clanking?

One more track and you'd have landed on  "Still haven't found what I'm looking for".

Probably not the best track to hear when having a scan, though.