What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

34 minutes ago, ramit said:

My pleasure

Not sure why mine didn't embed. I guess that my computer literacy is soluble in alcohol.

That song is one of those in the running for country music radio's 'song of the year', and (I think) it's their second No 1 (the other was "The Girl With The Rattlesnake Heart") in that genre. The bassist is none other than Kev Moore, a huge Derby fan who released the "Commons People" CD a few years ago and sang in the centre circle at Pride Park - he's also the front man in Witch Cross, an awesome Danish heavy metal band. OK, Steve and Kev are both mates, but they are proper musicians (as is the keyboard player Chris 'The Bishop' Lydon), and have been under the radar for far too long, so I will plug their music whenever I can.

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not sure why mine didn't embed. I guess that my computer literacy is soluble in alcohol.

That song is one of those in the running for country music radio's 'song of the year', and (I think) it's their second No 1 (the other was "The Girl With The Rattlesnake Heart") in that genre. The bassist is none other than Kev Moore, a huge Derby fan who released the "Commons People" CD a few years ago and sang in the centre circle at Pride Park - he's also the front man in Witch Cross, an awesome Danish heavy metal band. OK, Steve and Kev are both mates, but they are proper musicians (as is the keyboard player Chris 'The Bishop' Lydon), and have been under the radar for far too long, so I will plug their music whenever I can.

i like the song, it's quite catchy with pleasant country instrumentals, but it's a bit too catchy, for i've been quietly humming the chorus part again and again.  You see, i suffer from what i call a rhythmic condition, i am overly susceptible to earworms and it can be excruciating.  As an example, i had Michael Jackson's song Bad stuck in my brain for 5 days running, Eddie.

Here this explains the affliction

Earworm

I´ve got an earworm pulsating in my brain
It's more an annoyance than actual pain
Unsettling how it enters again and again
What an odd melodic way of going insane

Here slithers in another dadoodoodada
My consciousness stuck in the land of la la
Last night three dogs a howling Shambala
This morn some godawful song with Saga

Is there medicine for a rhythmic condition?
I mean is it even a recognized affliction?
I would pay real money for a prescription
Give me Frieden from Nicole's Ein Bisschen

earwormk.jpg

Quite a poignant song in current circumstances... absolutely love these guys and could have chucked them in the under rated topic too.

Edit: after googling them to get this off youtube instead of spotify I've just realised they're from Nottingham... now hate them and never felt so dirty in my life.

Edited by Ramslad1992
Added

23 minutes ago, Indy said:

Hi all. Lifelong Derby fan here, season ticket holder in the East Stand. My band, Doomsday Outlaw, had our tune, Bring It On Home, as the soundtrack the DCFC warm up video on the big screen before every home game last season.

Just released our new single, Runaway. Hope it ticks the boxes for some of you!:

Good stuff pal, hope to see you at a Brighton gig next year. Concorde 2, Hope & Ruin, The Green Door Store etc

Edited by TimRam

20 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Good stuff pal, hope to see you at a Brighton gig next year. Concorde 2, Hope & Ruin, The Green Door Store etc

That’d be cool. Not been out in Brighton for a while (play off semi I think was the last time, in fact).

51 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’d be cool. Not been out in Brighton for a while (play off semi I think was the last time, in fact).

Good music is well received there. Plenty of decent venues and always a good crowd. Get a demo together and also send them your link + others if you have more.

Edited by TimRam

2 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Music life is great there. Plenty of decent venues and always a good crowd. Get a demo together and send them this link + others if you have more.

I’ll get our booking agent on it. Not played Brighton before, but should be on our list for next year. Cheers!!