What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a firm believer that there isn't a song in existence which couldn't be improved with the addition of some brass

It doesn't necessarily hold true that you can replace all of the original music with brass and get the same result, but this lot are giving it a good go

Edited by Coconut

• 2 weeks later...

AC/DC release their new album today. Powerup has Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd in the line up. Johnson and Rudd were out of the band for a while and Williams did announce his retirement but all 3 are back. I think it's a decent return to form. If you are a fan then you will be tapping along to this. I was this moment without thinking lol

Edited by TimRam

21 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Had a joyous hour listening to this great album. Sounds as great as it did back in 1980. Damaged Goods gives you a feel for the music you young ones. @Inverurie Rammust have had these guys on his playlist in the past

Yes  @i-Ram @iRam and it's not so easy trying to reply to you on my kids kindle!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

39 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yes  @i-Ram @iRam and it's not so easy trying to reply to you on my kids kindle!

I've tried, I've really tried with The Wedding Present, after enjoying his lockdown material online.

I can't make out what he's saying on most tracks though, which kind of spoils it. 

Maybe they should remaster material for the digital age?

23 hours ago, Rev said:

I've tried, I've really tried with The Wedding Present, after enjoying his lockdown material online.

I can't make out what he's saying on most tracks though, which kind of spoils it. 

Maybe they should remaster material for the digital age?

@Revyou have to love them for their Top of The Pops appearances alone.

Quality bit of enthusiasm for miming by David Lewis Gedge on Brassneck. The bands get up for Flying Saucer. Cornflake images on Blue Eyes video. His wonderful t-shirt on California in jest to the James style t-shirts at the time and another great cover version of Come Up And See Me (Make Me Smile)