What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

On 17/08/2020 at 23:02, richinspain said:

Excellent cover version. It's already been posted a couple of times on here.

Obviously taste in music is hugely subjective. My opinion isn't worth poo and I don't post this to make anyone feel bad.

This effort from Disturbed is one of the worst cover songs I've ever heard. I'm talking X-factor version of Hallelujah bad. When I first heard it doing the rounds on the rock stations I genuinely wondered if it was some kind of joke. I understand that you want to bring a different take on a song with a cover version, but the jump from the original version's thoughtful and contemplative tone to this overwrought grandiose effort is too wide a chasm to bridge. It has all the emotion of a Simon Cowell produced song. Draiman does have a good voice, but that's not nearly enough to carry this turd.

12 hours ago, Anon said:

Obviously taste in music is hugely subjective. My opinion isn't worth poo and I don't post this to make anyone feel bad.

This effort from Disturbed is one of the worst cover songs I've ever heard. I'm talking X-factor version of Hallelujah bad. When I first heard it doing the rounds on the rock stations I genuinely wondered if it was some kind of joke. I understand that you want to bring a different take on a song with a cover version, but the jump from the original version's thoughtful and contemplative tone to this overwrought grandiose effort is too wide a chasm to bridge. It has all the emotion of a Simon Cowell produced song. Draiman does have a good voice, but that's not nearly enough to carry this turd.

Such a strong original track was bound to be covered by many.  This one is faithful, which to some means unnecessary, while to others complimentary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Great track from an amazing album, with inspired drumming from Ringo.  i started saving my lunch money to buy Beatles albums in my early teens.  First Sgt Pepper, then Magical Mystery Tour which i consider one of their very best, then Revolver, Revolution and then this one.  This song takes me back to my bedroom, holding the album in my hands, pinning the poster on the wall and being mesmerized by the fabulous four.

19 minutes ago, ramit said:

Great track from an amazing album, with inspired drumming from Ringo.  i started saving my lunch money to buy Beatles albums in my early teens.  First Sgt Pepper, then Magical Mystery Tour which i consider one of their very best, then Revolver, Revolution and then this one.  This song takes me back to my bedroom, holding the album in my hands, pinning the poster on the wall and being mesmerized by the fabulous four.

Revolver, closely followed by Rubber Soul as 1 and 2,  White album was a bit to self indulgent for me- Charles Manson was a big fan though.

Adam Ant owns Paul McCartneys copy of Revolver.  Signed it and gave it him as a present.  His mum was housekeeper at his place in London and he used to go there every day after school.