Next 6 games

Wondering what people would like/expect to take from the next 6 games to take us up to the first third of the season. I’d be very happy with 10 points which I also think is achievable. 

Millwall - (A) 19/10 - 15.00

Oxford - (A) 22/10 - 19.45

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00

Stoke - (A) 02/11 - 12.30

Coventry - (A) 06/11 - 19.45

Plymouth - (H) 09/11 - 15.00

Id want 1 win and 1 draw minimum from the 4 away games and to win both home games. Then going into the thick of the winter period on 22 points from 15 games. 

29 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wondering what people would like/expect to take from the next 6 games to take us up to the first third of the season. I’d be very happy with 10 points which I also think is achievable. 

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00

Id want 1 win and 1 draw minimum from the 4 away games and to win both home games. Then going into the thick of the winter period on 22 points from 15 games. 

I'll use the Mother In Law phrase we use to use sometimes when it came to negotiating a deal: Must, Intend, Like

Must (anything less would be a blow) = 8 points (we need to start picking up points away from home)

Intend (a relatively realistic optimistic hope) = 10 points (same as you - win both home games and pick up 4 on the road)

Like (best outcome possible) = Win them all. Yes, I know that's incredibly unlikely so perhaps a more realistic "best" outcome would be something like 12 or 13 points.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00

I'd consider taking 2 home wins, 2 away draws and 2 away losses if offered.

Of course, the optimist inside me at first glance immediately thought Win at Millwall, win at Oxford, beat Hull at home, maybe lose at Stoke, beat Coventry and then batter Plymouth but that would be ridiculous 😄 

Aim for 10 but would take 8. 

Any more would be a lovely a bonus. I don't think 6 would be the end of the world.

Millwall - (A):  Deserved win

Oxford - (A):  Thoroughly undeserved win, but they all count, even if we do get an 80th minute penalty for a dive, to counterbalance their 7th minute red card for sneezing in the ref's face.

Hull - (H):  Big win (Let me hear you sing "5 nil, to the Derby Boys"!

Stoke - (A):  A grease-laden win, in soggy white bread, and ketchup dripping down our collective chins.

Coventry - (A): We'll fight them on the verges, and escape with a black eye, and a teeny little velvet bag containing 3 points, and a smiley face emoji.

Plymouth - (H):  Hoe, Hoe, Home win

I think that totals "Quite a few".  Hoorah! 

Edited by Mucker1884

4 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00

Ten points minimum please.

4 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00

2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats so 8 points….reasonable return.

4 points from the away games would be OK. We need to start getting something from them soon so we aren’t completely reliant on home form.

Win both the home, so 10 points from 6 games. 22 points from 15 games. It would keep us on comfortably mid-table form without any real danger of getting drawn into a relegation battle, which I’d be very happy with.

Hard to say.... Hull looks like the trickiest as they've been getting better results playing away than at home. All the others are winnable, but that depends on us really going at the opposition away from PP. We're pretty evenly matched with Oxford, but they're at home. Potentially we could go on quite a run between now and Leeds on 7th December.

My heart says 18 poinmts, but what counts as my brain says 10. Four wins would be great but I'd take three.

Every game is different. Some go with the form book, others surprise in both good and bad ways. One thing for sure, these are the teams that are probably closest to our current sphere of operations. 1.5 points per game is stability so I guess that’s 9 which would do.

Want 18

10 would be “on target”

8 no need to panic 

6 or less Glumville

9 hours ago, littleover ram said:

We’re playing teams that should be in and around us so this run of games should give us an idea of the actual standard of this derby side.

This is a good point.  The League Table is starting to take shape, and the majority of our fixtures have been against sides who are likely to be pushing for play-offs and promotion.  Bristol City, Cardiff and QPR are probably those in our mini-league, so this next run of games will give us a real indication of what this side can achieve.  

I am feeling quite optimistic.  If we can avoid long term injuries and hopefully get Yates scoring a few his excellent team and work ethic gives us then I'd like to think we will be more than comfortable to avoid any relegation scrap, but not strong enough to challenge for top six. 

The January window will be interesting - certainly need a forward in my opinion, despite the goals being nicely shared amongst the team, and of course think about the build for those who will be released at the end of the season.

I am enjoying the fact this side gives it their all.  Onward and ...

Kind Regards 

Gangway D from the terrace 

11 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00

Really important to start taking some points from away games to avoid being in the relegation scrap. Home form is a big positive, but there will be a number of games, like Norwich, where we don't get points. We are well capable of getting results at Oxford and Stoke. 

17 minutes ago, europia said:

Really important to start taking some points from away games to avoid being in the relegation scrap. Home form is a big positive, but there will be a number of games, like Norwich, where we don't get points. We are well capable of getting results at Oxford and Stoke. 

Yes I agree, I seen before if you can win roughly half your home games + assuming you’ll get a few draws you essentially need next to nothing away from home, we’re certainly testing that theory so far. 

Let’s say we get 12 home wins and 4 draws and 7 losses that leaves us with 40 points needing around 2 wins and 4/5 draws away from home to stay up, basing survival off 50/51 points. I’d say we will hit 60 points this season personally.