David Ozoh

Poynton ram

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

How come he’s called David? Everyone I know called David is at least 55.Β 

(it’s no surprise he’s not called Nigel. The Guardian claimed a year or so ago that that name is formally extinct. Not a single baby was named Nigel in 22/23 Β )

What do you mean?

Baby David from the Royle Family will be only 25 on Christmas Day this year!

19 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

(it’s no surprise he’s not called Nigel. The Guardian claimed a year or so ago that that name is formally extinct. Not a single baby was named Nigel in 22/23 Β )

What about me? Collin. When I was at Nightingale Junior School in the 50s, there were six of us in my class called Colin (but at least I’m a two β€œl” Collin). I bet no-one under 50 is named Colin, Β sigh…..

11 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

What about me? Collin. When I was at Nightingale Junior School in the 50s, there were six of us in my class called Colin (but at least I’m a two β€œl” Collin). I bet no-one under 50 is named Colin, Β sigh…..

Ooh, I don't think I've ever met (or been aware of) a two "l" Collin before.Β  I didn't even know that was a thing, for a first name (Obviously the surname Collins is more common.)

You may just be unique, my friend... or I'm just plain ignorant!Β Β πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Have a like.Β Β πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

On 04/10/2024 at 00:54, kevinhectoring said:

One of my kids has a best mate at school called David... and I made exactly the same point!!

Everytime he says it now,  I struggle not to make a comment like 'Is he still struggling to find his time-machine' or 'I suppose when he was born in 1970 they wouldn't have had the Internet...' etc etc.🀣🀣

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ooh, I don't think I've ever met (or been aware of) a two "l" Collin before.Β  I didn't even know that was a thing, for a first name (Obviously the surname Collins is more common.)

You may just be unique, my friend... or I'm just plain ignorant!Β Β πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Have a like.Β Β πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

Yes, a two β€œl” Collin. And why the β€œ β€˜ell” not? 🀣

8 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes, a two β€œl” Collin. And why the β€œ β€˜ell” not? 🀣

I'm a "Hart, No E".Β  (Surname, obvs!)

I take great delight in spelling it out, and pronouncing the aitch with no aitch!  If they fire back to repeat, pronouncing an aitch at the start of aitch, a little steam comes out of my ears!  🀣

21 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Remember Pop White at Nightingale Road School?

23 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

So you remember,Β  Mr Stevenson, Mr Tingle. Miss Draper, Mr Billings etc.