Cardiff (H) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think Adam’s is undroppable. He’s like Eustace in that whatever the team is he just knits it all together.

Plus ‘law of the ex-player’ means he’s destined to score.

Unfortunately this law only seems to work against us, when our explayers return with their new club. Can't remember many of our players scoring that often against their former clubs.

I can see Warne making the 1 change with Harness in for NML with him being away on internatuonal duty & likely to only be back in the UK later in the week.

JWZ - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder - Goudmijn Ozoh Adams - Jackson Yates Harness

Vickers Phillips Ward Osborn Chirewa NML CBT Barkhuizen Collins

Missing out - Bradley, Forsyth, Wilson (not match fit), Thompson, Brown & Washington

One thing the above does show is that with everyone fit we do have a strong bench & decent players missing out each week.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

I would play Harness instead of NML he always suffers after international games.

I think so as well. He probably going to play at least 60+ minutes for Guatemala in a big match against Costa Rica tomorrow night and probably wouldn't be back in the UK till Wednesday.

Edited by eddielewis

5 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think Adam’s is undroppable. He’s like Eustace in that whatever the team is he just knits it all together.

Adams is one of the best players I’ve ever seen out of possession, thought it may have been League One but he’s genuinely unbelievable at just being present in every phase of play. Cardiff have dropped a massive b****** selling him and not utilising him considering how many goals, chances they concede. 

He really has revolutionised this club since he came under no fanfare, I don’t think (bar Thorne) I’ve ever very seen a player make such a difference to our club. 

14 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I don't think Adams should be dropped against Cardiff but I think at some point he'll make way for Osborn and we will likely be better for it. It does rely on Ozoh improving positionally and perhaps Kenzo getting up to speed. Right now playing Adams is something of a compromise in order to have that extra security in midfield but ultimately it's hard to justify a regular place as a midfielder in this league when your passing accuracy is so poor. 

That's the big difference between him and what Eustace was for us because you could rely on Eustace on the ball even if it was only simple.

10 hours ago, eddielewis said:

I think so as well. He probably going to play at least 60+ minutes for Guatemala in a big match against Costa Rica tomorrow night and probably wouldn't be back in the UK till Wednesday.

Quite likely not back till Thursday. IIRC, last time he was out there, the flight back involved 3 different flights with several hours layovers between flights. 3 hour flight to Bogota Columbia, 90 minute flight to Rafael Núñez International Airport, Bolivar, Columbia and 10 hours to the UK. Total travel time incl layovers 21 hours. Add on another 6 hours for the time difference....

I think we'll go with the same line up, bar maybe Harness for NML if he's knackered/jet lagged from international duties.  I just hope & pray we're on the front foot from the off.  They've started poorly and will be low on confidence so let's smash into them early doors and get them under pressure from the first whistle!!!

Final score - 

Derby County 0 - 1 Cardiff City

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think Phillips signed to sit on the bench 🤔 I would probably stick with the same team but expect Phillips to start.

Warne may have a small excuse in that he often doesn't play NML after international duties, could use it as a shift to 352. Otherwise the ruthless thing to do would be to drop Nelson but I just don't see Warne doing it post Bristol.

Am off to this one as it's the day before my birthday. Hope to see a similar performance to what was served up against Bristol City. I'd drop Laing just because of international duty and use him for the last 30 to give us a bit of pace in behind late on. I'm quite excited given how we played in the last game against Bristol. COYR

We’d be absolutely mental to bench Ebou for this game in particular. He’s one of those players that feeds off energy and the crowd. He’ll be at it more than ever agaisnt a team and manager who deemed he wasn’t good enough for them. He’d be my first name on the team sheet on Saturday and he’ll be absolutely everywhere as usual I’d imagine.