Your next manager would be?

RYRAM

Paul Warne is a nice, pleasant man.

I've met Gary Rowett, again a lovely man. 

BUT these conversations are about replacing Warne because of his negative tactics producing boring, difficult to watch football. 

AND YET some folks are suggesting we should replace him with Rowett. WTF. How short are your memories? 

Play off semi final against Fulham... One shot. One!!!

Rowett's tactics were successful because we had Vydra at the top of his game - and, credit to Rowett, played in the right position (except in the playoffs when he was sub).

Anyhow, as much as Warne and Rowett are good people and have contributed in different ways to Derby County, I'd rather we had a manager who played attractive, attacking football - and who helped academy players progress to the first team. 

Thank you.

Ram-Alf

I'd give youth a chance, Build a midfield that would put the fear of God into the opposition with a playmaker that can deliver a ball as good as Google can spot your house from space,, Have a CF who'd make a CH wilt, A winger that can do 100yards in 10seconds and cross the ball, Have an intelligent sweeper who plays like Igor Stimac, 2 Full backs who never ever let a defender get past them, A goal keeper that commands his 18yard area, Tell them to play with a freedom that some managers refuse to do, Bring in someone who has a better knowledge of football than I do, Never have a dig at our supporters, Respect peoples opinions, I'd stand on the pitch side applaud the good and scowl at the bad  Bully the players if they refuse to roll their sleeves up, Praise them to the hilt if they come off the pitch and can give no more.

Give the shirts away at every game to young supporters, Invite groups of young supporters to Moor Farm, Encourage all parents to support their Children to support DCFC and no one else.

Last but not least, Make sure our coffee machines are serviced every year.

image.png.7da718aedae81b9eff65f9d1b19c1379.png  

Edited by Ram-Alf

55 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I would argue that if you are relying on the opposition not finishing properly to get a result that the style of football is not suitable. For every Boro result we grind out I suspect there will be four or five matches like Watford where it simply doesn't get any sort of result at all.

Boro only created one good chance. That was because the defence generally didn't allow them clear openings. Watford's goals were brilliant finishes and their team was marshalled by a former French international with 72 caps and extensive Premier League experience - and yet we pushed them hard in the second half and had chances to equalise. The meltdown from some posting on here after those two performances was disgraceful.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's an awful lot of short term memory failure amongst fans. Once they've hitched themselves to a particular boat they do a Nelson and don't look for the rocks. 😄

That is satire of the highest order Roy, I salute you.

Surprised your tongue didn't actually push through your cheek!

There's the pot calling the kettle... and then there's Joan Collins calling Mariah Carey 'a bit of a diva'. 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I am honoured to be linked with such esteemed company.  I will do the job to the best of my abilities, but there aren't too many professional footballer asylum seekers coming from France into Littlehampton on a dinghy.

Yes, they avoid what is locally known as Trumpton, wonder why.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Boro only created one good chance. That was because the defence generally didn't allow them clear openings. Watford's goals were brilliant finishes and their team was marshalled by a former French international with 72 caps and extensive Premier League experience - and yet we pushed them hard in the second half and had chances to equalise. The meltdown from some posting on here after those two performances was disgraceful.

I disagree that it was disgraceful. If we play like that against teams we judge to be better than us, we will be doing it for a majority of the season and I strongly suspect that it will cost us more points than it gains. Conceding territory and possession to the opposition for a majority of the games we play is not how we will do well in this division.

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Spot on. 

a forum for opinions but if you post an opinion stating negatives about warne your labelled anti warne or negative. It’s all about opinions. I never slate a pro warne post as some have very valid opinions on it. I go home and try to go as many away games as possible roughly half but I’m starting to think if the cost of an away game is worth it to watch little possession and literally no open goal threat. The only saving grace for most games I’ve been too is the fans at barrow and Watford were amazing. 

But there’s something missing there Barney … Most discussions start off with how we played, did this player or that player perform well or should they have been in the side. Then there might be a discussion about whether the set up, subs or tactics were right or wrong. Clearly we aren’t all going to have the same view. The label of anti Warne gets attached because there are those posters who see everything that went right as either down to luck or that an individual player did well. Whilst everything that went wrong is down to the manager. They just want rid and will find every stick possible. In all honesty they are boring. It’s so predictable what they are going to say. On the other side, I think some posters (me included) end up defending Warne because the quality of criticism is so poor and one eyed. 

Let’s look at Steve Mac 1 .. A good team that did play it pretty well on the grass but let’s not forget that there was no alternative system .. we were forever trying to find a DM because they always got injured. Then when certain sides neutered Chris Martins hold up .. what then ? It was dull, we had no cutting edge.  Overall it was pretty good and I enjoyed it. But was it that great ? and remember that was from a club that had been stable but underperforming for a while. He had the tools for improving potential.

Warne is playing catch up in a very difficult financial period for lower league football and for Derby County. I don’t know if Warne is that good and I won’t know until this season draws to a close. To me, whatever your views on style or recruitment or team selection it’s churlish and stupid to be wanting a manager removed after one disappointing game .. and this is what many of the naysayers want. Lose a match and we get another gotcha session. It’s boring. 

Not sure if he’s been mentioned 

At the end of the season I’d go for Ruben Selles at Reading, good coach for young players as well as being a good manager. He’s a young hungry coach who could help develope our youth aswell as developing our on field play-style. 

Also wouldn’t mind if he brought a couple of players with him.

10 minutes ago, jono said:

But there’s something missing there Barney … Most discussions start off with how we played, did this player or that player perform well or should they have been in the side. Then there might be a discussion about whether the set up, subs or tactics were right or wrong. Clearly we aren’t all going to have the same view. The label of anti Warne gets attached because there are those posters who see everything that went right as either down to luck or that an individual player did well. Whilst everything that went wrong is down to the manager. They just want rid and will find every stick possible. In all honesty they are boring. It’s so predictable what they are going to say. On the other side, I think some posters (me included) end up defending Warne because the quality of criticism is so poor and one eyed. 

Let’s look at Steve Mac 1 .. A good team that did play it pretty well on the grass but let’s not forget that there was no alternative system .. we were forever trying to find a DM because they always got injured. Then when certain sides neutered Chris Martins hold up .. what then ? It was dull, we had no cutting edge.  Overall it was pretty good and I enjoyed it. But was it that great ? and remember that was from a club that had been stable but underperforming for a while. He had the tools for improving potential.

Warne is playing catch up in a very difficult financial period for lower league football and for Derby County. I don’t know if Warne is that good and I won’t know until this season draws to a close. To me, whatever your views on style or recruitment or team selection it’s churlish and stupid to be wanting a manager removed after one disappointing game .. and this is what many of the naysayers want. Lose a match and we get another gotcha session. It’s boring. 

Sorry, but I have to pick up on this, "it’s churlish and stupid to be wanting a manager removed after one disappointing game".

It is definitely not just one game, at least not in my mind. The football has been mostly terrible for Warne's entire tenure. The relative quality of our opposition in L1 papered over a lot of cracks, because the football was poor. I even commented a few times last season that I seriously worry for us in the second tier playing the kind of football Warne seems to like.

He can get away with it in L1, I worry that it will be seriously exposed in the Championship.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I disagree that it was disgraceful. If we play like that against teams we judge to be better than us, we will be doing it for a majority of the season and I strongly suspect that it will cost us more points than it gains. Conceding territory and possession to the opposition for a majority of the games we play is not how we will do well in this division.

I guess it depends whether you think it's a tactic determined by management or an inevitable reaction to being dominated by opponents with better players and highly effective pressing. I'm encouraged by the reaction to falling behind in both league games so far.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I guess it depends whether you think it's a tactic determined by management or an inevitable reaction to being dominated by opponents with better players and highly effective pressing. I'm encouraged by the reaction to falling behind in both league games so far.

My opinion (other opinions are available of course) is that I would be more convinced that it was a reaction to being dominated if it weren't for the fact that there were games last season where we did exactly the same thing, against far worse teams than we will be lining up against this season. Conceding the initiative and being reactive as opposed to proactive was a common theme last season. If Warne wants us playing proactively on the front foot then either the players aren't listening to him, and haven't been for over a year, or he just isn't capable to making them do it with enough consistency.

43 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sorry, but I have to pick up on this, "it’s churlish and stupid to be wanting a manager removed after one disappointing game".

It is definitely not just one game, at least not in my mind. The football has been mostly terrible for Warne's entire tenure. The relative quality of our opposition in L1 papered over a lot of cracks, because the football was poor. I even commented a few times last season that I seriously worry for us in the second tier playing the kind of football Warne seems to like.

He can get away with it in L1, I worry that it will be seriously exposed in the Championship.

That’s fine, we have a normal difference of opinion. I take your point and you may well be proved right come seasons end. The cracks we saw, from my point of view were as much to do with the mix of players we had at our disposal when we had been severely restricted for so long rather than down to style or managerial competence. Now we have another sort of restriction in terms of the market and what we have available to spend. That said .. if Warne is a good manager he should be able to get us to a reasonable level of point scoring in this league. We just won’t know that until the season is played out. I doubt any new manager is going to turn our players into a top 6 side in a season. Unless relegation is threatened then I simply don’t want a change of manager. It has little to do with Warne or whether I rate him but a lot to do with stopping the ridiculous merry go round and letting something develop properly. 

12 minutes ago, jono said:

That’s fine, we have a normal difference of opinion. I take your point and you may well be proved right come seasons end. The cracks we saw, from my point of view were as much to do with the mix of players we had at our disposal when we had been severely restricted for so long rather than down to style or managerial competence. Now we have another sort of restriction in terms of the market and what we have available to spend. That said .. if Warne is a good manager he should be able to get us to a reasonable level of point scoring in this league. We just won’t know that until the season is played out. I doubt any new manager is going to turn our players into a top 6 side in a season. Unless relegation is threatened then I simply don’t want a change of manager. It has little to do with Warne or whether I rate him but a lot to do with stopping the ridiculous merry go round and letting something develop properly. 

And what good manager is going to leave a job and come here, cant see it  myself.