Your next manager would be?

RYRAM

12 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

RoyMAc5 the biggest know all in football would surely bring success 

I think he would be better than some of the people here who would drive a bus full of people towards a cliff and not apply the break believing a bridge will be along in a minute.

A lot on here were wiping Mels backside while so called negative Nancy's were raising concerns when the Cocu debacle started.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think he would be better than some of the people here who would drive a bus full of people towards a cliff and not apply the break believing a bridge will be along in a minute.

A lot on here were wiping Mels backside while so called negative Nancy's were raising concerns when the Cocu debacle started.

I'm partial to a convoluted analogy myself but you've surpassed yourself here... its like the work of a Punk poet 😄

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

...A lot on here were wiping Mels backside while so called negative Nancy's were raising concerns when the Cocu debacle started.

There's an awful lot of short term memory failure amongst fans. Once they've hitched themselves to a particular boat they do a Nelson and don't look for the rocks. 😄

It's not treason to consider what might go wrong, or not right. For some now after (and before too as some didn't want Warne at all) 100+ games it's easier to see what might go (further) wrong. Some still have their sunglasses on, having heavily invested in a pair of Ray Boms! If all there is to look forward to this season is minimal possession and set piece attacking then it's not going to bring a lot of joy to fans who prefer to watch football played on the grass with the ball. 

But if that's what they prefer then fine, because 'We're all Derby, aren't we'.

Oh and if we're just aiming to stay up at any 'footballing cost' then get a proven manager at this level in.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Thought about Roy Keane for some reason. God it's 14 years since he's been a manager!

He's mellowed out a lot over that time, I wonder what effect a year at Derby would have on that?

And you never know whether he's going to have a beard or not. People will like that.

I would hate Roy Keane as our manager.

The man is a dweeb..

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I would hate Roy Keane as our manager.

The man is a dweeb..

I wouldn’t want him as a manager but why is he a dweeb? He generally acknowledges that he’s a bit OTT when punditing but comes across really well on the overlap podcast he does 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I wouldn’t want him as a manager but why is he a dweeb? He generally acknowledges that he’s a bit OTT when punditing but comes across really well on the overlap podcast he does 

He brings his grumpy hard man persona to everything he does and that doesn’t work as a manager, whether in football or elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's an awful lot of short term memory failure amongst fans. Once they've hitched themselves to a particular boat they do a Nelson and don't look for the rocks. 😄

It's not treason to consider what might go wrong, or not right. For some now after (and before too as some didn't want Warne at all) 100+ games it's easier to see what might go (further) wrong. Some still have their sunglasses on, having heavily invested in a pair of Ray Boms! If all there is to look forward to this season is minimal possession and set piece attacking then it's not going to bring a lot of joy to fans who prefer to watch football played on the grass with the ball. 

Oh and if we're just aiming to stay up at any 'footballing cost' then get a proven manager at this level in.

Spot on. 

a forum for opinions but if you post an opinion stating negatives about warne your labelled anti warne or negative. It’s all about opinions. I never slate a pro warne post as some have very valid opinions on it. I go home and try to go as many away games as possible roughly half but I’m starting to think if the cost of an away game is worth it to watch little possession and literally no open goal threat. The only saving grace for most games I’ve been too is the fans at barrow and Watford were amazing. 

2 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

RoyMac5 - Head Coach

DCFC Kicks - Assistant Head Coach

May Contain Nuts - Technical Adviser

I-Rams - Head of Overseas Recruitment

Should see us in the National League within 4 years.

A hands-off role, I like it 

If we fail it's their fault, not mine, nope, nothing to do with me at all. If we succeed then it's all because of my genius.

I'll feel just like Paul Warne! I look forward to the multiple threads about me.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This is a fair point, there is a place for caution and relative negativity. Baseless pessimism and optimism, not so much. It's entirely circumstantial. 

I don't think any other manager nor footballing style could have got that result v Boro. I think we were fortunate that their finishing was poor, but our defensive resilience and organisation got us over the line to a massive 3 points. I think this transfer window has made us realise that recruitment is proving tricky- I think it's also becoming plainly apparent to anyone with their eyes open that Warne really isn't the issue on this front. So there's a very good chance we're going to have a sub-par squad relative to the rest of the league this season. 

With the squad the way it is, there's a very good chance that deploying pragmatic footballing measures is likely our best bet of staying in the league. I think most other managers wouldn't have us off the mark yet- we'd have tried to play and got beaten at our own game. I saw an interview with James Collins (the other one, former West Ham) the other day where he said old school defending is dead now since everyone tries to play like Man City. In a strange way, this gave me hope that our more defensive brand of football may actually be more effective if teams are less used to having to break it down?

Before thinking about replacing Warne, we'd need to get to a point where it's firmly established his type of football isn't going to be effective in this league. The Middlesborough game suggested otherwise though... 

Is @RoyMac5 and Negative Nancy the same person.

20 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

A hands-off role, I like it 

If we fail it's their fault, not mine, nope, nothing to do with me at all. If we succeed then it's all because of my genius.

I'll feel just like Paul Warne! I look forward to the multiple threads about me.

I can see the thread titles already: #NutsOut

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What went wrong last season though? One aim and that was promotion. Achived. 

New season, new problems, new level. It will be tough to stay in this Division, Warne or no Warne. You give him no credit. You’ve even said “ anyone “ could replace him and do a better job. 

Some of us are more realistic than others. 

5 minutes ago, BOB BIGGS said:

What went wrong last season though? One aim and that was promotion. Achived. 
New season, new problems, new level. It will be tough to stay in this Division, Warne or no Warne. You give him no credit. You’ve even said “ anyone “ could replace him and do a better job. 
Some of us are more realistic than others. 

Most of the football was poor, there was even a song "Paul Warne your football is sh*t" The recruitment was poor. Clowes said if we'd have signed Adams sooner we'd have been Champions - can't see it myself but there you go.

I didn't mean to imply anyone could do a better job. I said it was a fallacy that stability meant sticking with the same manager.

You say more realistic, I say more accepting of awful football. 

Edited by RoyMac5

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is a fair point, there is a place for caution and relative negativity. Baseless pessimism and optimism, not so much. It's entirely circumstantial. 

I don't think any other manager nor footballing style could have got that result v Boro. I think we were fortunate that their finishing was poor, but our defensive resilience and organisation got us over the line to a massive 3 points. I think this transfer window has made us realise that recruitment is proving tricky- I think it's also becoming plainly apparent to anyone with their eyes open that Warne really isn't the issue on this front. So there's a very good chance we're going to have a sub-par squad relative to the rest of the league this season. 

With the squad the way it is, there's a very good chance that deploying pragmatic footballing measures is likely our best bet of staying in the league. I think most other managers wouldn't have us off the mark yet- we'd have tried to play and got beaten at our own game. I saw an interview with James Collins (the other one, former West Ham) the other day where he said old school defending is dead now since everyone tries to play like Man City. In a strange way, this gave me hope that our more defensive brand of football may actually be more effective if teams are less used to having to break it down?

Before thinking about replacing Warne, we'd need to get to a point where it's firmly established his type of football isn't going to be effective in this league. The Middlesborough game suggested otherwise though... 

I would argue that if you are relying on the opposition not finishing properly to get a result that the style of football is not suitable. For every Boro result we grind out I suspect there will be four or five matches like Watford where it simply doesn't get any sort of result at all.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

I disliked and never trusted Mel from day one.  He wanted the limelight.  I'm guessing he hates it now?

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

There isn’t a vacancy. 

To all those that find watching DCFC under Paul Warne, there is a simple solution. 
Vote with your feet, and return when there is a new manager to slate. 

That's what happened with Clough Jnr too. Sad.