Paul Warne, managers and plan

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why not just one thread on all our matches, why a new one for each game? Same subject. 

Someone wants to talk about (what they consider) a different angle about our manager and club. I imagine if the Mods don't like it they'll merge it for it to get lost amongst all the Youtube videos. 👍

Hey, I'm not saying you're talking a load a guff.  You ain't.  You make some fair points.  On here, and generally speaking.  (I do think you're being a bit arsey with that matchday thread suggestion though, but I guess we are all entitled to be arsey on the internet, when the fancy takes us... and yes, I'm counting myself on that score!)

It's just that our points differ.  Neither are wrong (imo).  Just that they'll never align (On this specific topic).  That's not a bad thing in itself, of course, seeing as we're on an internet discussion board, when all said and done.  It'd be even duller on here if we all agreed!

Having said that, I'd be awfully keen to avoid countless Paul Warne threads as we saw last season before the mods took control.  Now that was tedious!

I guess we best stfu on this now.  It's already boring... and pointless... now we've had our say.  I guess there's always gonna be certain aspects of this otherwise superb forum that we just have to lump, rather than like.  It ain't ever gonna be perfect for all.  

🍻🐏

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure I understand.

I certainly think there should be a thread on the subject, if that's what you're trying to get at.  🤷‍♂️

There's "A Paul Warne thread" already, yes.  Arguably "The Paul Warne thread". 
154 pages (and counting), for the very purpose of discussing all things relating to the man/legend/villain (*delete as applicable).  It's fantastic to be fair... Here's the link...

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/42574-paul-warne/#comment-2623026

But it's hardly "Another Paul Warne thread"!  This one we're in now is "Another Paul Warne thread".  That was the point of my post.

7h_wgO.gif.82508fb7417559d61753eaae3635831e.gif

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

...Having said that, I'd be awfully keen to avoid countless Paul Warne threads as we saw last season before the mods took control.  Now that was tedious!

I guess we best stfu on this now.  It's already boring... and pointless... now we've had our say.  I guess there's always gonna be certain aspects of this otherwise superb forum that we just have to lump, rather than like.  It ain't ever gonna be perfect for all.  

🍻🐏

Of course I'm @rsey 😄 I love this Club and it annoys me when suggestions are made that there is only one way of thinking about it.

You're 'entitled' (oooh I hate that term sometimes) to think there has been too many Warne threads, and I agree in one way. But because it's the nature of the social media beast, when there's something to be said there's always another way to say it. 

🐏 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏳️😄

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Warne is getting a chance but if someone thinks he's not going to take it it's not a problem to say that.  

Indeed, but why not use one of the umpteen threads already open, if you're simply going to say exactly the same thing as has been said thousands of times on here already?

It's also odd that you (along with a good number of other posters) only seem concerned with the right to reply of posters who share your view. I don't see you piping up when folk are being called happy-clappers, deluded or any of the stock terms we see from a few on here and rather more elsewhere. Care to explain why, or should we draw our own conclusions?

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Indeed, but why not use one of the umpteen threads already open, if you're simply going to say exactly the same thing as has been said thousands of times on here already?

It's also odd that you (along with a good number of other posters) only seem concerned with the right to reply of posters who share your view. I don't see you piping up when folk are being called happy-clappers, deluded or any of the stock terms we see from a few on here and rather more elsewhere. Care to explain why, or should we draw our own conclusions?

You keep bumping this thread to the top, as if you want to keep seeing it? 

15 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Just look at the facts. Three difficult games of which two were away. We’ve scored in every game and got three points. The transfer window has not yet closed. Warne got us promoted last year with a team that improved over the season after a worse start than this year (many of the known detractors were saying all the same things at this stage last year, well into the Autumn). Warne deserves a chance, he has earned a chance through success at our Club and IMO he is owed some patience from supporters. He will get it from Clowes regardless. 

Patience soon runs out when you are seeing the best attacking threat in NML continually being played out on the left, where he offers absolutely nothing. What is the thinking behind this? Stick him out on his natural right and he's a totally different player, basic stuff really isn't it?

Regardless of what happened last season or the season before that, these tactical decisions will cost us points and having this negative mindset of going a goal up and then expecting to sit back for a good 80 minutes (?) 

It's crap to watch and only benefits if you can have success at doing it especially away from home, which at this level you won't unless you are Billy Davies.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do you think there's another Paul Warne thread? Approach it that way.

The poster is trying to make a point or wants a little notoriety, As it would be lost in all the confetti in the other Paul Warne thread, IMO there's no need for another thread when one exists, Simply find it, You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes.

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Boy it’s going to be a long season if we’re literally having this debate after every single loss!!

Some often forget there are TWO teams on the pitch in a football match and sometimes (particularly where man for man the opposition is better than you) then you are forced to play a certain way. 

We clearly haven’t got a pot to piss in comparison to the better teams in this league which doesn’t help when we’re 2 years into rebuilding from nothing. Unfortunately while we would like to see Derby at the top end of the league playing attractive football, we are years away from it unfortunately. That being said, we have competed in every game with the one game we were truly outplayed ironically being the one we won with an amazing backs against the wall performance. We’ve also played teams who have come out the traps very well in Blackburn and Watford (both of whom will be at least top half) and Boro who will be in the promotion mix. 

I only listened to first half and read summaries but from what I heard we played really well, we competed and with a bit more quality in certain situations we could have got something out of it and probably deserved something against a team which battered Stoke last week, who can bring players like Sema off the bench who on his day is one of the best in the league and should be at a higher level  (we have Collo and we couldn’t even fill the bench yesterday)!!

We’re 15th, i think everyone would bite your hand off if you offered us that now. This is going to be a long slow evolution hopefully with Warne but with someone else if down the line we need a change, but anyone expecting instant change and for us to play McClaren football then you’re going to be disappointed every week, not because of the manager but because your expectation is entirely unrealistic. Remember it took Nige nearly 5 seasons to build that McClaren side. 

If only it was only that ,,,,,, we are having this after wins as well , so in reality after every game , just look at the boro match thread🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

No you’re wrong, I stated he did his job and got us up. It was more of a, if we manage to survive say the next couple of seasons and become a more established championship team do we want him to then take us forward? To progres the team, make us a more attractive footballing outfit. When and if we get some decent funds, do we want him spending it? Will he make some of our more promising players better etc. Will he have us up there fighting for the top 6 at some point. It was a more of what is the plan with PW if we stay up and maintain our status in the Champ

Sorry you need to re read your posts , then consider that all last season we had the we are going up in spite of warne just because we have better players and we need to get shot of him for the championship, im actually ok with people having that opinion and expressing it but let’s just be honest about it , personally I feel he’s the right man at the right time , of course that will change at some point as there’s never been a club or manager that that isn’t or hasn’t been the case 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't remember this furore when someone posted "the Paul Warne Appreciation Thread' a few weeks ago.

The question raised in this thread is a perfectly reasonable one, but there was probably no need to not just attach it to the existing thread, but that could very easily and quickly been resolved.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Until your typically asinine interjection, I'd only posted in the thread once. It seems your grasp of maths is as paltry as your understanding of football. 

Oh yeah right, I'd got you and Mick Brolly mixed up you post similar stuff. 👍 Of course I meant 'you' as in a plural sense, but no matter.

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Furore?

That'd make some sense if there were dozens of them Nuts. Saldy, that's not the case.

Welcome back though! I hope you're doing OK.

Furore is admittedly probably an exaggeration, but I just like to use different words now and then 🤣.

(The post wasn't intended to be aegumentative - i've not got the energy for that -  see the edit)

Cheers, taking it slowly. I've had my exercise for the day - a little trip to slowly meander around Tesco buying 'healthy food' (eurgh) in clothes which no longer fit me properly.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh yeah right, I'd got you and Mick Brolly mixed up you post similar stuff. 👍

An easy mistake to make if you can't spell and have the power of recall of a goldfish. Thankfully, I see no other poster whose output is comparable to your own. Small mercies. 

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

An easy mistake to make if you can't spell and have the power of recall of a goldfish. Thankfully, I see no other poster whose output is comparable to your own. Small mercies. 

You're so kind, I'm happy to be unique amongst such company.

6 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I haven’t seen him  improve  a current player, youth player or any player we’ve had. 

That’s just wildly incorrect, he’s improved a lot of our players and has a history of doing so. 

David McGoldrick is a great example: scored 21 in 33 games under Paul Warne, including 10 in his last 14. He dropped a level and managed 12 all season. Nelson and Mendez-Laing playing the best football in their career under him. Improving Max Bird to the point he wasn’t just a passive, tidy, midfielder. 

Nyambe, Cashin, Wilson, Adams, Smith, Wildsmith, Roberts, Forsyth, Gayle.. and the last one I’ll throw at you: Forsyth. I thought he was done in the last Championship season, even though he’s struggled with fitness, he’s looked excellent when he’s been called upon under Warne. 

4 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Furore is admittedly probably an exaggeration, but I just like to use different words now and then 🤣.

(The post wasn't intended to be aegumentative - i've not got the energy for that -  see the edit)

Cheers, taking it slowly. I've had my exercise for the day - a little trip to slowly meander around Tesco buying 'healthy food' (eurgh) in clothes which no longer fit me properly.

Very pleased to hear it! Buy fresh and cook though, you lazy bugger! None of that ready made rubbish, even the stuff that claims to be lo-salt, calorie light, fat & sugar free and all the other bolarks supermarkets use to describe their processed wares! Chicken and rice with baked broccoli and / or cauliflower and avoid the sticky toffee pudding aisle completely! Hopefully you'll be on the mend sooner rather than later.