Max Bird

Old Spalding Ram

He’ll shine at this level, they rated Knight last year for his work rate, Max has a skill factor above Knighty; in a perverse way I’m kind of pleased for him, as he’s in a team now that likes to pass the ball around. They might surprise a few this year, depending on their forwards.

Bird in my opinion, will likely find a level higher than Brizzle, he wasn’t skipper of our academy without standing out in a good team at that level. City are going to benefit for now, then lose him too but I expect they’ll get a good fee all the same.

28 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Two assists and looked class.

Pity he’s going to waste his talent at such a non entity of a football club. He deserves better than being sat in Championship mid table season after season. 

35 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

He’ll shine at this level, they rated Knight last year for his work rate, Max has a skill factor above Knighty; in a perverse way I’m kind of pleased for him, as he’s in a team now that likes to pass the ball around. They might surprise a few this year, depending on their forwards.

Bird in my opinion, will likely find a level higher than Brizzle, he wasn’t skipper of our academy without standing out in a good team at that level. City are going to benefit for now, then lose him too but I expect they’ll get a good fee all the same.

I reckon he'll end up with one of the teams that goes up for at least a season in the Prem, too classy to be stuck down at this level.

Is a pleasing on the eye player but grossly overrated imo  hasnt got the mentality or physicality. If you chucked an Osbourne or Ozoh into league 1 for comparison I think theyd look more dominant. Hes a neat and tidy player with good technique.

Good to see him getting some plaudits.

After so many seasons championing him on here against a sizeable minority of people who seriously under-rated him, feels good to know he will be fully appreciated at his new club.

Not looking forward to playing against him in two weeks' time. I hope he has a quiet one out of a bit of respect for the club that nurtured him, and that whatever happens,  the fans show him that respect back.

Was a major part of our promotion. 

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Good to see him getting some plaudits.

After so many seasons championing him on here against a sizeable minority of people who seriously under-rated him, feels good to know he will be fully appreciated at his new club.

Not looking forward to playing against him in two weeks' time. I hope he has a quiet one out of a bit of respect for the club that nurtured him, and that whatever happens,  the fans show him that respect back.

Was a major part of our promotion. 

I'm expecting more of a mooted (*respectable) celebration after scoring a 20+ yarder against us.

Glad I'll be on my hols and will miss that bit!  😢🐏

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Heard he had a rough game today

Came up against tough tackling midfielders, that never gave him a sniff second half, never got much help either. No surprise he was taken off. Bloke at side of me said I’d have Adams and Kenzo over Bird and Knight. Bit harsh, but they were largely ineffective particularly the second half.