Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

I assume its on me again to start the next match thread after starting the Chesterfield one & us going on to win.

First league home game of the season, hopefully the win vs Chesterfield will boost morale & confidence within the squad.

12:30pm kick off, hopefully its a nice sunny day too. I do wonder if Zetterstrom will be in the building & maybe even make the bench. I do wonder if Warne might go with a back 3 to bolster our defence but I hope its a back 4 again.

Vickers - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder - Goudmijn Ozoh Osborn - Jackson Collins NML

JWZ Bradley Forsyth Wilson Adams Thompson Barkhuizen Brown Washington

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

A niche query here but any Porto based rams who know where I’ll be able to watch the match? Assuming it’ll be tough considering Liverpool are playing early kick off too. 

Sport TV have the Championship rights in Portugal.

They are showing WBA v Leeds on channel 5 on Saturday it seems. No sign of Derby v Boro.

https://www.sporttv.pt/guia

18 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Do hope we go 5 at the back but can’t see it after both games so far being 4-3-3. 

That's what I was hoping for with Wilson and Osborn as wing backs and Nyambe,Nelson and Forsyth in central defence.Adams Ozoh and Kenzo in midfield with NML and Collo up front

Middlesbrough are an excellent side, one who should be in the play-offs at a minimum. Difficult one for Warne & Co navigate. They've assembled an athletic, technically gifted group of players and if they're on song then we will struggle with their movement, no questions. 

I do feel that we need to keep their full backs honest, so wide forwards is the way to go. If they're allowed to offer width and their wide attacking players to occupy close to our area then it could get very uncomfortable. 

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

A niche query here but any Porto based rams who know where I’ll be able to watch the match? Assuming it’ll be tough considering Liverpool are playing early kick off too. 

It seems like Sport TV only have the rights to the main games being shown, so they will show Coventry v Oxford, WBA v Leeds and Sunderland v Wednesday over the weekend, but not the ones available on SS+.

Porto is a wonderful city. I lived there for two years. It’d be a waste to spend it in a sports bar.

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It seems like Sport TV only have the rights to the main games being shown, so they will show Coventry v Oxford, WBA v Leeds and Sunderland v Wednesday over the weekend, but not the ones available on SS+.

Porto is a wonderful city. I lived there for two years. It’d be a waste to spend it in a sports bar.

Very true but we’ll be quite busy during mornings and evenings when it’s cooler so I don’t mind having a mid day pit stop. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Wonderful! 

Thanks for your help mind, I’ll probably have to find a steady bar with wifi and ramstv. 

There are a lot of cafes, bars and restaurants in Porto that are set up with TVs showing sport, so you’ll definitely find a football fix, just not necessarily Derby’s game.

If you need any tips, drop me a DM. 🍻

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth 

Kenzo Ebou Osborn 

Jackson Brown NML

I don’t think Jackson should play down the middle, and I liked Brown’s movement tonight despite the miss. Caused Dunkley problems and I’d stick with him over Collins. Whoever plays there is hopefully just warming the seat up for Yates. 

Forsyth looked good today and we’ll need to have the fullbacks further back if we’re to get anything against Boro, so Nyambe starts. I’d like to see Adams as the holder if fit, but Ozoh gets the nod if not. 

I still can't fathom that there are fans out there that want to play 532 and play Mendez-Laing up front.

He's said himself he wants to play out wide. He's not a striker at all. It just doesn't work one bit him upfront.

Maybe we can play 532 when Yates is back and we have another striker in. Back 5 is ok, midfield is ok. We just haven't got the right attackers to play a two up front at the minute for me.

After watching today I'll still stand by my thoughts that Brown is not ready yet. Championship defenders will eat him alive. Definitely has potential.

I'd play Collins on account of the fact he's pretty much all we have.

Vickers, Nyambe, Nelson, Bradley, Elder, Ozoh, Osborn, Kenzo, Jackson, NML, Collins

Subs: Luthra, Wilson, Cashin, Forsyth, Thompson, Barkhuizen, Adams, Brown, Washington, Ward

We are 3-4 short still. 

Vickers

Nyambe      Nelson      Cashin        Forsyth

NML           Adams      Osborn         Elder

Guidmijn

Collins

(Luthra, Wilson, Bradley, Ozoh, Thompson, Jackson, Barkhuizen, Brown)  (+1 of Ward / Washington / CBT)

52 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I still can't fathom that there are fans out there that want to play 532 and play Mendez-Laing up front.

He's said himself he wants to play out wide. He's not a striker at all. It just doesn't work one bit him upfront.

Maybe we can play 532 when Yates is back and we have another striker in. Back 5 is ok, midfield is ok. We just haven't got the right attackers to play a two up front at the minute for me.

After watching today I'll still stand by my thoughts that Brown is not ready yet. Championship defenders will eat him alive. Definitely has potential.

I'd play Collins on account of the fact he's pretty much all we have.

Vickers, Nyambe, Nelson, Bradley, Elder, Ozoh, Osborn, Kenzo, Jackson, NML, Collins

Subs: Luthra, Wilson, Cashin, Forsyth, Thompson, Barkhuizen, Adams, Brown, Washington, Ward

We are 3-4 short still. 

The problem is that Adams is obviously not fit and if that is the case, it makes 4-3-3 a less secure option.

There might be a good argument to use 3-5-2 to protect the young players (Wilson, Cashin, Ozoh, Goudmijn) who will be tested defensively.

I think 4-3-3 is the way forward but we do need to find the right balance in some positions before we can play it successfully.

A midfield three of Ozoh, Osborn and Kenzo will get cut through like butter I fear v a strong Boro team with plenty of pace, physicality and nous.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The problem is that Adams is obviously not fit and if that is the case, it makes 4-3-3 a less secure option.

There might be a good argument to use 3-5-2 to protect the young players (Wilson, Cashin, Ozoh, Goudmijn) who will be tested defensively.

I think 4-3-3 is the way forward but we do need to find the right balance in some positions before we can play it successfully.

A midfield three of Ozoh, Osborn and Kenzo will get cut through like butter I fear v a strong Boro team with plenty of pace, physicality and nous.

I wouldn't say the Middlesbrough midfield is physical - assuming they go with Hackney, McGree and Morris.