Cauley Woodrow

23 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

He’s been an off-the-bench option for Luton for two years now, hence his goal scoring record.
This would be a good signing in my opinion. A target man with a good record at this level. If you find this underwhelming, you might need to recalibrate your expectations. 

Fed up with recalibrating my expectations

Don’t know much about him to be honest but if one of the above posts is accurate, a goal / contribution in every 1.5 games for a struggling Luton in the prem, then makes absolute sense.

Some people need to give their head a wobble and be realistic with their expectations. I’d rather take him than Osala on a free!

18 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Don’t know much about him to be honest but if one of the above posts is accurate, a goal / contribution in every 1.5 games for a struggling Luton in the prem, then makes absolute sense.

Some people need to give their head a wobble and be realistic with their expectations. I’d rather take him than Osala on a free!

Id rather take Osula on a free and sell him to Newcastle for 15m 😉😎

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Woodrow isn't the problem. Having Washington and Collins stinking up the gaff is.

If he does sign, I don't think he solves all of our issues.

You would've thought there'd be a decent striker who suits us perfectly, who we can afford somewhere in the world.

Completely unfair to lump Collins in with Washington. 

Collins is lightyears ahead of Washington!

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Fitness or lack of it is Washingtons problem. If fit (which he hasn't been since being here and maybe never will be) he is ahead of Collins imo.

Really? How do their records compare in terms of goals?

2 hours ago, mike93rh said:

Completely unfair to lump Collins in with Washington. 

Collins is lightyears ahead of Washington!

Can’t criticise Collins for his contribution last year. But how many goals will he score this season? 

Less than 5 IMO.

Washington has been a waste of space. But in terms of improving the squad we could do with neither being here.

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Can’t criticise Collins for his contribution last year. But how many goals will he score this season? 

Less than 5 IMO.

Washington has been a waste of space. But in terms of improving the squad we could do with neither being here.

That’s your opinion. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I remember going to Notts County last season I think it was and Collins was ridiculed for his performance. Yet he was our top scorer 

He hardly tore league 1 apart. A lot of his goals were penalties which still need to be scored but on average should be scored. 

I wasn’t against Collins getting 1 more year providing we brought in a couple of decent strikers. Yates will be good but looks like he needs to play in a 2.

Woodrow I don’t hate (unlike some) but he isn’t the missing piece IMO. Would I have him over Collins? Yes, but there lies the problem. If he’s signing then we’d still need another and neither Collins or Wash look like leaving.

51 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Less than 5 IMO.

'A waste of space'.......'Washington and Collins stinking up the gaff is the problem'.

I get you might not rate either player which is fine, we all have opinions on players but really?

Again he's a slightly underwhelming target, but as I always say with these marmite type rumours, everyone hammered Nigel for bringing in Kuqi, and he made us tick for the best 6 weeks of football I saw us play outside of the Bald Eagle, Mac 1 & Burley teams.  Same with Chris Martin, sometimes players just click in a certain set up, so fingers crossed if he does sign...