Investment

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think that Clowes Developments will hang on to the ground . The rental income is about £1 mill a year and he could bang it up if a new owner came in . The land for the training ground is leased . So that leaves the  playing squad . Some would say it is less valuable than when Clowes took over . The Crown Jewels of Knight and Bird have been sold and the money gone into the day to day running . Would we get our money back on Jacob or Kenzo ? Or will they let their contracts down like many before them ? That leaves the likes of NML who we have to pay for almost 2 years . Who knows what will happen with Cashin . A new owner would need deep pockets if they are thinking of the Prem. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/startseite/verein/22

Here it quotes NML as £400k but would he really achieve that sale value at 32, would he want to go to league one again as i cant see most championship clubs interested in him, due to his age.

Derby County - Contracts expiring in 2025 | Transfermarkt ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/vertragsende/verein/22

14 players.

Serious question. Would anyone buy a football club taking in to account the value of the players as the main factor? Their value depreciates each year by a fixed amount depending on the length of their contract (yes, a lineal formula so easy to calculate), they are potentially one game away from a career ending injury, or they could just become rubbish overnight.

Edited by richinspain

41 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Serious question. Would anyone buy a football club taking in to account the value of the players as the main factor? Their value depreciates each year by a fixed amount depending on the length of their contract (yes, a lineal formula so easy to calculate), they are potentially one game away from a career ending injury, or they could just become rubbish overnight.

The football club, isnt for sale, it looks like the squad is.

My thoughts are only on what value to place on 80% of the team, if all thats on offer is a team with most of its players out of contract come the summer and a requirement to pay for 14 player replacements in the summer. Assuming a buyer wants a return on their investment, promotion to the premier league, looks like the direction of travel.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

The football club, isnt for sale, it looks like the squad is.

My thoughts are only on what value to place on 80% of the team, if all thats on offer is a team with most of its players out of contract come the summer and a requirement to pay for 14 player replacements in the summer. Assuming a buyer wants a return on their investment, promotion to the premier league, looks like the direction of travel.

You ignored my post from Dom Deitrich saying the very opposite to your statement. Back your words up.

"I understand the stadium and club WILL stay in the same group regardless of investment coming in and won't be split up. I know the club are working in line with the government white paper to protect this."

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Exactly.

You buy a football club like DCFC because :

1) You love it, it’s precious to you = DC

2) There is a sniff of the prem, it’s cheap and it’s worth a punt. = Mel

3) You need a hobby and you’ve got money to burn and quite like being a local mr big 

4) It’s established but under priced and you think you could tweak it, do something and sell it on

5) You have other sporting interests and want to build an empire if the regulators will let you get away with it. 

6) Sovereign wealth funds don’t buy clubs like us so forget number 6

Anyone got any other possibilities? 

35 minutes ago, jono said:

Exactly.

You buy a football club like DCFC because :

1) You love it, it’s precious to you = DC

2) There is a sniff of the prem, it’s cheap and it’s worth a punt. = Mel

3) You need a hobby and you’ve got money to burn and quite like being a local mr big 

4) It’s established but under priced and you think you could tweak it, do something and sell it on

5) You have other sporting interests and want to build an empire if the regulators will let you get away with it. 

6) Sovereign wealth funds don’t buy clubs like us so forget number 6

Anyone got any other possibilities? 

I’ll raise you with Aston Villa. Not even a one club football City and very similar in profile to us, albeit with an antique ground and a member of the royal family who picked them out from a tombola to support . Rich investors saw the potential and their average 28k fan base is now boosted by a load of glories who were walking out of Villa Park a few years ago on 60 minutes when 4-0 down to Spurs.

51 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I’ll raise you with Aston Villa. Not even a one club football City and very similar in profile to us, albeit with an antique ground and a member of the royal family who picked them out from a tombola to support . Rich investors saw the potential and their average 28k fan base is now boosted by a load of glories who were walking out of Villa Park a few years ago on 60 minutes when 4-0 down to Spurs.

Worth a shout I agree but let’s face it They are the preeminent Birmingham club, have spent a lot longer in the PL than us, have many more trophies and honours and as much history too. 7 titles and 7 FA cups and the big one. 2nd in the league of clubs with most seasons in the top flight. Not sure it is really like for like 
As you say though they have quite possibly the most whinging moaning entitled fan base ever 🤣

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

It's interesting that you mention Aston Villa. Setting aside the fact that beating us in the play off final was a make or break moment, their success has not just been down to monetary investment. They had the right sort of off the field professional expertise to make sure that the club once promoted, continued to progress. Having the likes of Christian Purslow giving direction was crucial in guiding Villa from the Ch'ship to the Champions League in a relatively short space of time.

If DCFC are to progress, they need to get the right people running the football club. Hopefully Mr Clowes has this in mind. 

25 minutes ago, jono said:

Worth a shout I agree but let’s face it They are the preeminent Birmingham club, have spent a lot longer in the PL than us, have many more trophies and honours and as much history too. 7 titles and 7 FA cups and the big one. 2nd in the league of clubs with most seasons in the top flight. Not sure it is really like for like 
As you say though they have quite possibly the most whinging moaning entitled fan base ever 🤣

When you refer to the Big One when did Villa win the Quiz Ball😂😂😂

Quiz Ball for those who were fortunate enough to miss it 😂

Synopsis 

Two teams consisting of players from a top flight football club and a celebrity supporter have a football match in the form of a general knowledge quiz. Teams chose whether to take four easy questions, three medium questions, two hard questions or one tough question to score a goal. (The one-question route was known as "Route One" - a description which soon found its way into real-life football terminology, giving the show a surprisingly long-lasting cultural legacy.) The opposition can opt to take a tackle question a limited number of times in order to block the run, but a wrong answer meant conceding a goal. Whoever had the most goals at the end of the show was the winner.

Champions 

1966-67Arsenal

1967-68West Bromwich Albion

1970Celtic

1970-71Derby County

1971Dunfermline Athletic

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

17 minutes ago, jono said:

Never won the Watney Cup though did they ?

14 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Spurs scored four ?

22 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/startseite/verein/22

Here it quotes NML as £400k but would he really achieve that sale value at 32, would he want to go to league one again as i cant see most championship clubs interested in him, due to his age.

Derby County - Contracts expiring in 2025 | Transfermarkt ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/vertragsende/verein/22

14 players.

Bar tha loans, id keep Wilson, Thompson and nelson, the rest can go

8 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Harry Croft in the directors box today. Talking to Pearce at half time to.

A scout at our club from 2016-2021. Now runs an 'agency' company and represents one of our U18s (Israel Green), a few from the women's team, and typically young players in the midlands. The main outlier being a female player from Djurgarden.

I don't think there's anything to read into him being there, other than having a past working relationship with Pearce.