v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Because I don’t like him as a person, and I don’t like his views on football. It’s all about fitness and pace, rather than technical ability and control. That’s why he fails at Championship level - working hard only gets you so far.

FWIW, he did a good job getting us up last season. But I maintain if we sacked him back in November and appointed Eustace, we’d have won the league and be in a much better position this season. Just my view mind.

Fair enough, I disagree that not liking him as a person is a reason for sacking him, but appreciate you explaining.

33 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Our left hand side needs sorting asap. Elder and Cashin were terrible , even when Collins came on to help them out . I was impressed by Osborn . Build the left to suit him . 

Totally agree if you play 

JWZ

Nelson Forsyth/Bradley Cashin 

Wilson Adams Kenzo Osborn 

Jackson Collins (New No.9/Yates) NML

We already then have a lot more balance, experience and players in roles that suit them better.

We talk so much about having round pegs in round holes and last night having 2 wing backs as full backs and a winger as a striker is always going to detriment you.

17 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Fair enough, I disagree that not liking him as a person is a reason for sacking him, but appreciate you explaining.

It’s not, and I can totally understand why Clowes stuck with him. He’s got to be brave and get rid early doors if he proves incapable at this level as he has in the past.

Once we cottoned on to passing to each other, we were the better team for a long period without really threatening the goal from open play. We equalised and had something to build on steadily without throwing too many forward. Again the manager did not react to their substitutions, that was not a time for the full backs to be caught upfield with no cover from our midfield.  All of the goals conceded were amateurish in our lack of organisation and simple control.

Onwards and upwards (I hope).

59 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I guess so, I don’t know, I just don’t like him. Never have, even before he was Derby manager.

This sounds slightly unhinged. Irrationally hating someone, especially personally, that you don’t know says more about yourself than the person. 

I’m not having a dig, so don’t take it as such, but trying to encourage more rational constructive thinking. 

I must admit that in my very simplistic view I actually quite enjoyed the game last night.

Yes, they were given far too much space at times in particular down the flanks, we made some sloppy mistakes and seemed to tire, but... the ball was on the floor for a lot of the game, we put passes and moves together and it looked more like football than a lot of last season.

I think with some more signings, time on the training ground and match practice with adjustment to the league, we should be fine🤞.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Totally agree if you play 

JWZ

Nelson Forsyth/Bradley Cashin 

Wilson Adams Kenzo Osborn 

Jackson Collins (New No.9/Yates) NML

We already then have a lot more balance, experience and players in roles that suit them better.

We talk so much about having round pegs in round holes and last night having 2 wing backs as full backs and a winger as a striker is always going to detriment you.

Wheres Ohzo ?

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Because I don’t like him as a person, and I don’t like his views on football. It’s all about fitness and pace, rather than technical ability and control. That’s why he fails at Championship level - working hard only gets you so far.

FWIW, he did a good job getting us up last season. But I maintain if we sacked him back in November and appointed Eustace, we’d have won the league and be in a much better position this season. Just my view mind.

How can you dislike a person that much when you dont even know him.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

His interviews really grate on me. Something just doesn’t seem genuine about him. As I say, it’s just my view, I don’t have any evidence to back that up 

TBH, I agree, his interviews are what bugs me. Only my opinion of course but it wiffs of ian hollaway, always trying to be funny.

It makes it hard for me to take him serious and although he's done well to get us out of league 1, I think this season he'll get found out.

Hope i'm wrong of course as I do think he deserves a crack at this league, but if were bottom 3, 15 games in, I think he should go.

I don’t judge a manager on their interviews, but their ideals and playing style.

I honestly can’t remember how George Burley spoke in interviews. McClaren seemed a bit awkward from memory.

But both produced an exciting brand of football, and encouraged flair and bravery.

I just don’t see myself warming to Warne, ever. Nothing to do with his personality. I just don’t ever think we will play entertaining football under him. 

59 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t judge a manager on their interviews, but their ideals and playing style.

I honestly can’t remember how George Burley spoke in interviews. McClaren seemed a bit awkward from memory.

But both produced an exciting brand of football, and encouraged flair and bravery.

I just don’t see myself warming to Warne, ever. Nothing to do with his personality. I just don’t ever think we will play entertaining football under him. 

The thing with Warne though, is that his honesty means that he can't help but reveal his ideals and his playing style to such a degree that it feels like there are no further depths left to discover.

When we see performances on the pitch that looks to be as limited as the ideas he's espoused in his interviews... ahhhhhh,.can't be arsed.

Edited by May Contain Nuts