v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We haven't battered anyone tonight. We had a decent 20 minutes after a poor first half then imploded.

You need to be good for more than 20 minutes to win football matches.

They’ve won without being good for more than 20 mins. They were alright for first 15, and then scored twice whilst were the better team. Being the better team doesn’t count for anything. It’s about being clinical and not making mistakes. We’ve made bad errors and been toothless. 

[Snowflake mode on] At least we’ve got a club. We only had 4 players under contract 2 yrs ago [Snowflake mode off] Clowes needs to decide if he has the balls and the cash to play in the big boys league. If not maybe let someone else have a go ?

It’s all about perspective.

Now, admittedly, I’m sat in a lovely bar by the harbour in Spain, and I’m a few cocktails in, watching on a big screen.

From what I can tell, we were learning on the job in the first half, the Championship is going to require a lot more from the players, mistakes will be punished.

But for a good 20 minutes in the 2nd half we were by far the better team and more than deserved the goal.

However, it’s typical, just so typical that, once we’d scored, we’d then hand them the initiative and we surely did.

Let’s take the 20 minutes and build on the positives 💪

As I type this, Blackburn have just scored a fourth, FU** 😞

Stating the obvious but there’s still lots of work to be done. Slight slight hints that we can play a bit like we saw in the final 2 friendlies, but the defensive fragility is a concern, having been a strength last season we’ve been brutally exposed tonight.

45 games to go…. 😬