David Ozoh - Signed on season long loan

Nuwtfly

50 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Doesn't seem too happy... hopefully he has something to prove! A good season here and Ozoh could force himself into Palace's plans.

If he's as good a DM as people have said, we're looking pretty robust in midfield now. Palace fan on RamTalk has given him a glowing review - says he's a fantastic tackler, intercepts well, and can drive forward with the ball. Versatile too.

Maybe he'll play tonight...

Probably very nervous I would say - anyway do your talking on the football pitch because that’s where I want to be impressed 

34 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

For those wondering about his manhood he's promised us "Passion. Hunger. Big tackles"

That's tackles, plural! 🤯

Hopefully he runs around the pitch like a dog with two d*cks

Edited by 8Leeds
Censored myself

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Ozoh and Adams to dominate in the middle of the pitch - then get the ball into the creative players.

I'm still hoping for 4-2-3-1.

If we go 3-5-2 I just genuinely see us struggling for goals.

JWZ

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder/New

Adams Ozoh

NML Kenzo CBT/New

Yates/New

I like it a lot.

Just now, Scott129 said:

JWZ

Adams Ozoh

NML Kenzo CBT/New

Yates/New

I like it a lot.

Still need some more class and creativity in there for me. Different ball game in Champ. Having said that, given the business we’ve done so far, fully trust the club to go and get it!

Hmmmm?!

You'd think Palace could have probably loaned him to a team that would play him week in week out so why us when at present it looks pretty much like we're going for a 3 of Goudmijn, Adams and Osborn?

Of course there is rotation, injuries and a possibility of Osborn being used as wingback, but on the face of it I'm thinking this is either the kind of sub to close the game down late on, or bring on a for Adams when he's on a yellow/shattered. If Palace are happy with that I am.

Doubt any Liverpool kids coming now. Presume we'll keep Thompson around and loan Robinson out pretty soon.

9 minutes ago, Rample said:

Hmmmm?!

You'd think Palace could have probably loaned him to a team that would play him week in week out so why us when at present it looks pretty much like we're going for a 3 of Goudmijn, Adams and Osborn?

Of course there is rotation, injuries and a possibility of Osborn being used as wingback, but on the face of it I'm thinking this is either the kind of sub to close the game down late on, or bring on a for Adams when he's on a yellow/shattered. If Palace are happy with that I am.

Doubt any Liverpool kids coming now. Presume we'll keep Thompson around and loan Robinson out pretty soon.

Yeah I think it’s a bit strange that we’ve managed to land him if the intention is to play one of him and Adams. You’d imagine Palace have been given assurances of game time though as he wouldn’t have been short of offers. 

59 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I see him as Bird replacement- albeit one a bit physically stronger. Hope that works out.

Interesting to see if PW ever plays him and Ebou together…

What part of his game makes you think he's a Bird replacement? Other than 2 games at U21 level, he's always played as one of the deeper CMs. His goal contributions (4 goals and 3 assists in 81 games) also suggests he won't be used in an advanced role.

44 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

JWZ

Adams Ozoh

NML Kenzo CBT/New

Yates/New

I like it a lot.

Goudmijn is more of an 8 than a 10 due to not being the type to shoot. You want him to play deeper so he can make the forward penetrating passes and dribble forward in the ball.
It also looks like we'll be shaping up with 3 at the back more often than not (3421)

One of the worst times for me was when Clement arrived and wanted two players for every position, never mind him boasting he had an array of formations we could play. I hated his time here and the club never recovered from that season. There was no room for Chris Baird, Jake Buxton, Andreas Weimann, Abdoul Camara, Johnny Russell, Nick Blackman or Alex Pearce. We had three left-backs in Warnock, Olsson and Forsyth, way too many midfielders in Hendrick, Thorne, Bryson, Hanson, Hughes, Dawkins, Johnson and Butterfield. Darren Bent playing second fiddle to Chris Martin on twice his wage. Too many cooks, never a team.

I see no point searching for another centre-forward when we have persuaded James Collins to re-sign and Jerry Yates to come here, as well as having Washington and Brown. Signing four new midfielders to add to Thompson and Fornah surely is enough? Six wingers in Wilson, Barkhuizen, Ward, Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor and Jackson. And Elder surely has a full season in him? I think David and Zetterstrom should be it. It's only six months to the January window if reinforcements are needed and some promising players in the u21as. Dembele would be the only other I'd continue pursuing.

4 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

One of the worst times for me was when Clement arrived and wanted two players for every position, never mind him boasting he had an array of formations we could play. I hated his time here and the club never recovered from that season. There was no room for Chris Baird, Jake Buxton, Andreas Weimann, Abdoul Camara, Johnny Russell, Nick Blackman or Alex Pearce. We had three left-backs in Warnock, Olsson and Forsyth, way too many midfielders in Hendrick, Thorne, Bryson, Hanson, Hughes, Dawkins, Johnson and Butterfield. Darren Bent playing second fiddle to Chris Martin on twice his wage. Too many cooks, never a team.

I see no point searching for another centre-forward when we have persuaded James Collins to re-sign and Jerry Yates to come here, as well as having Washington and Brown. Signing four new midfielders to add to Thompson and Fornah surely is enough? Six wingers in Wilson, Barkhuizen, Ward, Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor and Jackson. And Elder surely has a full season in him? I think David and Zetterstrom should be it. It's only six months to the January window if reinforcements are needed and some promising players in the u21as. Dembele would be the only other I'd continue pursuing.

Washington isn’t good enough and Brown an unknown quantity at this level. Definitely need another striker.

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

Hughes and Bryson both got season ending injuries first game if I recall correctly which is why Johnson and Butterfield were signed. Martin was all injured at Bournemouth later in the season so Bent was his cover. I think the season before we had virtually a whole midfield wiped out with injury latter part of the season so the club didn’t want that to happen again. 
9 subs allowed this season so we need a bigger squad , also I think Collins will only be a back up player with an upgrade coming in . Wash may well go when fit , not sure if Brown goes out on loan or stays but forward line does need a bit extra. 

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

JWZ

Adams Ozoh

NML Kenzo CBT/New

Yates/New

I like it a lot.

I think there's a roughly 0% chance that we don't start the season with a back three, especially with how well we ended last season.

JWZ

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward Adams Kenzo Ozoh Osbourne

NML Yates

NML to be a bit deeper, and one of the 3 CM's to push up and get in and around the box would be my guess.I fully expect Goudmijn to be a rotation at the start of the season, swapping in and out with CBT when we want a bit more width and pace, too.

Either way, I'm excited. I'd like a superstar striker to bag us loads of goals but who wouldn't?

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Hmmmm?!

I’m not sure he’s been brought in to warm the bench. Warne has often lamented the lack of youth and athleticism in the squad. And wee will need in the Championship. I would expect him to be a starter.