Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

Looks like he will arrive later this week. Djurgårdens have signed their new keeper, but want him to train a week before they play him. Zetterström wants to move now, but they won’t release him yet.

I'd quite like ours to do the same. 
#notastropjustanobservation

19 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

Looks like he will arrive later this week. Djurgårdens have signed their new keeper, but want him to train a week before they play him. Zetterström wants to move now, but they won’t release him yet.

That is reported in the main sports newspaper here.

Oh, so THEY want their new keeper to train a week before playing him do they? But we’re not allowed the same?

Bunch of twits, I’m adding Djurgarden to my list of non rival teams that I dislike. Up there with Coventry 

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh, so THEY want their new keeper to train a week before playing him do they? But we’re not allowed the same?

Bunch of twits, I’m adding Djurgarden to my list of non rival teams that I dislike. Up there with Coventry 

Oh lord, who's going to tell them? They'll be absolutely distraught! 

45 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But ours IS allowed to train for a week before we play him. He would also miss one game in doing so.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Off-topic, but I’d say there is a slight rivalry with Cov these days, among the younger fans at least. Ever since it got tasty at their place under Rooney.

Brilliant when Shinnie scored in front of the away end mind. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

I think it’s like @Animal is a Ram and @Srg have said, this probably isn’t uncommon, it’s just being played out in public.  There are probably others, especially loans, where the players current club is saying “you can have have him but can you wait a couple of weeks because……”.  We usually don’t get to know.

It seems like we’re a long way down the line and they’re now getting close to having his replacement.  I think it’s unlikely he’ll be here this week but looking more likely he’ll be at the end of next week/early the week after.

I get the angst but I’d stick with it.  It’s a bit like you’ve interviewed 2 candidates for a job.  The best candidate has to give 3 months notice, but you can get someone not quite so good who’s only on a 1 month notice. You’d probably wait for the best candidate knowing it’s right decision in the long term.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think it’s like @Animal is a Ram and @Srg have said, this probably isn’t uncommon, it’s just being played out in public.  There are probably others, especially loans, where the players current club is saying “you can have have him but can you wait a couple of weeks because……”.  We usually don’t get to know.

It seems like we’re a long way down the line and they’re now getting close to having his replacement.  I think it’s unlikely he’ll be here this week but looking more likely he’ll be at the end of next week/early the week after.

I get the angst but I’d stick with it.  It’s a bit like you’ve interviewed 2 candidates for a job.  The best candidate has to give 3 months notice, but you can get someone not quite so good who’s only on a 1 month notice. You’d probably wait for the best candidate knowing it’s right decision in the long term.

These delays are becoming annoying and time to set a deadline or go elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

And how will that help?

Or just keep moving the goalposts forever? They’ve now bought a new keeper, presumably with the funds from sale of this one. Put pressure back on them.

Not sure I’ve ever heard of this situation before, seems we have a talent for finding ways to make life difficult for ourselves.

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Only annoying to some of us fans as I suspect we’re keen for a signing and want the comfort of the team being together by Friday.
The club still seem content to continue with the transfer so the reality is we have to accept that, I’m quietly confident no amount of worry, handwringing, or speculation by fans in here or elsewhere online will change the club’s intentions for recruitment. 

38 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I suppose actually the point is none of the fans have seen him play so don't really know he IS the best candidate.

3 hours ago, RamInSweden said:

That is reported in the main sports newspaper here.

So they're refusing to let him join his new club while his replacement settles in, then they expect him to play his heart out in his final game, good luck with that one. I can't imagine JWZ risking much in that last game, it's often the case where a keeper has to be brave, I can't imagine JWZ wanting to be brave in his last game whilst having to play under such conditions.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suppose actually the point is none of the fans have seen him play so don't really know he IS the best candidate.

And none of the fans are part of the decision process.  From the clubs point of view, if he’s the best one within our budget, it’s worth hanging on for rather than going for the next best who’s available a few weeks early.  Act in haste, repent at leisure.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

And buy an inferior player for the sake of a week or two? The club is looking for progression not regression. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day, although Cloughie always reminded us he wasn't on that particular job. Be patient. All things come to he who waits.

COYR

Edited by Spender

23 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

And none of the fans are part of the decision process.  From the clubs point of view, if he’s the best one within our budget, it’s worth hanging on for rather than going for the next best who’s available a few weeks early.  Act in haste, repent at leisure.

Shut down the forum. 😄

Some of the "disgruntledness", if there is such a word, is the potential for this to go belly up if Zetterstrom gets injured, or pulls out, or if his club shift the goalposts even further. We do have the potential to have our season screwed over before its even started - it isn't as though it hasn't happened before. 

But assuming we re immune from such malfeasance, it is worth hanging on if the keeper is as good as we hope he is. 

Warne has apparently said that he is looking to sign a goalie next week (maybe the Loach replacement) but doesn't want to rush and get a "honking" (his words) goalie for 46 games, has to be one to either be better or push Vickers for the number 1.

If there is an agreed date and all is signed off, then JWZ may be the one, Warne will accept being without for 3 games in order to get quality in. If that date isnt set and we are getting strung along for just this tie, or that match, or after the waxing of the 3rd full moon after the summer equinox then Warne may decide we need to move on.

Gawd I hate not knowing, which I figured I'd be used to by now.