Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Well it came from the managers interview so.. yes

Your thoughts, to which you are fully entitled of course, are based on speculation and assumption on your part, without knowing the facts. 

These guys are absolutely taking the piss now, never known the like of it. Hope we don’t do business again. We need to tell them either the deal happens this week, or it doesn’t happen at all imo.

Zetterstrom needs to refuse to play because this is becoming a joke. We’ve been more than accommodating for their last round of qualifying, but keeping him to the end of the month is unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Your thoughts, to which you are fully entitled of course, are based on speculation and assumption on your part, without knowing the facts. 

I'm literally going on what the manager of the club has said when asked.  How that is speculation and assumption is a new one on me, as he'd know the facts better than anyone else or at least on a par with a few others within the club.  I'll leave it there I think.

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

Bit of a strange one, by all accounts they're a bit of a pain to deal with and they are acting a bit a child when you tell them to come of their Xbox "please just one more game" 

Medical is done 

Contracts all agreed 

Fee agreed / add ons etc. 

The club is fully expecting him training with us next week ahead of Blackburn 

They wanted him to stay again for Thursday but that will not be happening. Player has equally told them the same. 

Very bizarre situation. Hopefully it happens early this week.

Dembele looking any more likely or still way off a deal being complete?

Sounds to me like it's going to get done eventually then.

It's obviously not ideal but, if it means we can get an international quality keeper at a really good age for a better price, I'm OK with it. As long as we aren't letting Djurgardens take the P out of us by changing deadlines, etc.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Full article translated supposedly says the following;

It's no secret that Djurgården's goalkeeper Jacob Widell Zetterström, 26, is on his way to Derby and after the 2-1 victory against Elfsborg last week, he hurried to England.

Then "JWZ" was back between the posts when Djurgården fell 1-0 against Progres Niedercorn on Thursday and he was also in the starting eleven in the meeting with IFK Göteborg on Sunday.

What is delaying and getting the deal done? Bosse Andersson, sports manager at Djurgården, explains how the situation is:

- Negotiations have been going on for a couple of weeks and when there is a transfer, there are discussions between the clubs. Jacob has had a fantastic spring and has been an important player during the summer. Then it is clear that they have discussed when the transition will take place and the conditions. We agree on the terms and the question is when he will leave. We want him to leave after our European Cup game, no later than August 29. Partly because we will have time to find a replacement, partly because we have a need to have Scandinavia's best goalkeeper when we are in an important part of the season with the Allsvenskan and games in Europe.

Andersson continues:

- Then the Championship starts on Friday for Derby. Jacob has been on site and had a medical examination and met the club. What we don't quite agree on is when the transition should take place. We are planning for Jacob to play today (against IFK Gothenburg, Sunday) and he will play the European Cup matches against Tampere (Ilves). That is the dialogue we have. The transition will certainly happen, but not tomorrow. It will happen later and that is what we are discussing. A club waiting for something good will have to wait a bit.

Expressen has previously stated that Djurgården is in agreement with Derby regarding a price tag of around SEK 20 million plus bonuses.

On Thursday, Djurgården face Ilves in the qualifiers for the Europa Conference League with the return match the following week. Derby kick off the Championship season by taking on Blackburn on Friday.

EDIT - it’s translated through a popular online search engine, maybe don’t take the quotes literally as it could be lost in translation. 

Lol.

Who does our contract negotiating?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm literally going on what the manager of the club has said when asked.  How that is speculation and assumption is a new one on me, as he'd know the facts better than anyone else or at least on a par with a few others within the club.  I'll leave it there I think.

You are making assumptions and speculating based on what the manager said, without you knowing the facts as he does .As you well know. Refer to your original reply. 

For that reason you are wise to leave it there 

Difficult to assess this situation, as none of us know just where negotiations currently lay.

IF we've agreed a fee/wages etc, and have yet to agree a transfer date, then that is where we are, and they hold all the aces.  We are free to shop around, and react accordingly.

IF we had also agreed a transfer date... and that has now passed, or is getting close to being passed... then we need to adjust negotiations regarding the fee.  In this scenario, if I were DCFC, I'd be proposing a 5% reduction in the initially agreed fee for every day beyond the initially agreed transfer date.  Return their hardball with a top spin lob to the back line!

That may backfire of course, as they may then back out all together, but feckham!  We need to be happy with the final outcome... price, dates, the lot... not be left feeling like a tin pot club full of amateurs who have just been mugged!

And IF we haven't already settled on an agreed transfer date... Why not?  🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Looks like it could be finalised early next week. It appears djurgardens have agreed terms with keeper Jacob Rinne. I presume the hold up might have been them waiting for jwz’s replacement to sign

Looks like it could be happening soon.

4 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I wonder if this was the cause of the delay. They should probably send over a prolific goal scorer as well as an apology. 

I'm afraid they don't have one but Schüller is one hell of a defensive midfielder, they could send him.

I think Warne said it perfectly in his interview, obviously the club he’s contracted to are in ultimately in control of what they want to do. If a similar goalkeeper who they like comes along in the meantime then we will have a decision to make. If not, there’s no point opting for a lower quality keeper for the sake of 20 days. Frustrating, of course, but we might be doing the exact same to another club with regards to Dej Brown because of Yates’ suspension. I think it goes on more often than you think, this is just being played out publicly.