Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

14 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

The only thing is regardless of if we sign him or not , it surely has put us off ever doing business with his club again!

Why? We haven’t been held ransom to this agreement and Djurgardens aren’t going to be like a child saying “one more game” every time they’ve played.

We’re doing business with a team who are in the middle of their domestic season and also competing in European qualification. We don’t sign players from teams like that too often.

If we weren’t content with the timescales of the deal then we’d have moved on to other targets a long time ago. I don’t get where the notion that they’re just stringing us along and going against their word has come from.

Maybe one for the controversial opinions topic, but for all of Mel’s faults and there were many, I miss our attitude in the market early Mel years anyway. 

Do you think we’d have put up with this scenario then? No.

WBA had no intention of letting Thorne go. Between us and Thorne we basically bullied them in to letting go. 

To be fair there will be times we benefit from being one of the nice guys. But can’t help but be frustrated with how the window has gone for us in the last fortnight.

On 01/08/2024 at 13:38, Foreveram said:

So where’s the difference, you’re signing a player subject to certain conditions.

I suppose there’s no difference in terms of the eventual outcome. If indeed this guy signing for us is the eventual outcome. Bird was already our player so to cash in and not lose out financially at the end of the season we sold him for a higher fee than we would have got had we waited until the end of the season - and they loaned him back to us. With Wennerstrom he isn’t our player. And we don’t know with absolute certainty that there this actually any deal in place. And if there is it’s surely one that can be broken otherwise he’d be our player by now. And aren’t we just surmising there is some pre-signing agreement based upon some reports from Swedish journalists plus a few vague noises from his club. 

To make it like the Bird deal we could just buy him for the same price we are reportedly meant to be paying and then loan him back to them until after the Euro qualifiers. If that happened then I agree there would be no difference at all. 

On 01/08/2024 at 14:07, dajstrawb said:

Not sure where the ‘reduced fee’ bit ever came into it. More likely his club just said you can have him but after this date, which must have still appeared a better investment than the other options out there 

I’m not sure now you come to mention it.  In amongst all the maelstrom of posts on here and elsewhere on social media, comments from Swedish journalists and other sources, hasn’t there been some talk that Wolves were asked to pay a much bigger fee than we are reportedly paying?

6 hours ago, Tombo said:

I'll just call him Jay-Z.

If you having goalie problems, I feel bad for you son

Not sure I understand this?  
I don’t recall any mention of me having “goalie problems”… whatever that means… and as for that last bit, it’s either immensely patronising, or you’ve miraculously come back from the dead. 
🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I regret my post of Dom Dietrich’s tweet yesterday, think it’s contributed to the increase in concern/panic/negativity around this deal. 

You posted the latest information available from a reputable source.

That's the start and the end of it, you're not responsible for how other people take that info.

39 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

You posted the latest information available from a reputable source.

That's the start and the end of it, you're not responsible for how other people take that info.

Always a bad idea to  shoot the messenger it would cause too many casualties and stops future messages 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

9 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

The only thing is regardless of if we sign him or not , it surely has put us off ever doing business with his club again!

Seems to me both sides seem perfectly happy with the arrangements and are happy for it to play out as they agreed 

If you are party to information that suggests that this is not the case would you care to share it ? 

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure I understand this?  
I don’t recall any mention of me having “goalie problems”… whatever that means… and as for that last bit, it’s either immensely patronising, or you’ve miraculously come back from the dead. 
🤷‍♂️

It's reference to a Jayzee song...if you're having girl problems I feel bad for son .......nothing more.

Christ I'm 53 and I recognise that one 😁✌️