Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m beginning to think a DCFC medical involved being able to pick up a pen and that’s it!

In fairness, the pen is on the floor.

You're not allowed to use your hands or feet, either.

56 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Crikey…. After all this I hope he doesn’t turn out to be a dud 😳

Very much so. I’m sure most of us will remember the club flashing the #AlbentosaSigns hashtag around. And what happened next…

33 minutes ago, Rev said:

In fairness, the pen is on the floor.

You're not allowed to use your hands or feet, either.

My dear old dad would have passed then. He had this amazing party trick, whereby from a standing position he would get down on the floor and pick up a pen with his teeth and stand up again............ Whilst balancing a full pint of beer on his head. 

He never split a drop, even when doing it at an expensive restaurant whilst celebrating his 75th birthday.🥰

I appreciate this keeper could potentially be a really good prospect. However Warne has known this position required strengthening as early as last September if we are to believe the reports regarding Wildsmith rejecting a contract offer. In my opinion a strong number one is as important if not more than a number 9. Less than 7 days before the new season and 11 months after Wildsmith said he wanted to leave we still haven’t strengthened that position. Whilst there were more than enough suitable targets available in the early season. Surely that’s worse than mismanagement and a bit negligent on the managements side? 

I really don't see what all the fuss is on here. I appreciate that we want a keeper in ahead of Blackburn but ultimately if he's the right man for the job and he doesn't arrive until the week after so be it. No different to any other target we are after that won't be here in time for next week.

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Think after Vickers performance against Barnsley fans are desperate to see Zetterstrom in. Add in that transfer talk in general has gone quiet and its become frustrating for some within the fan base.

This is like people being "shocked" at Joe Biden's performance in the debate, when a 5 minute web search at any point in the last 3 years would have revealed the truth. We saw last season that Vickers was a weak link and, despite Warne saying his keepers were similar, it was pretty clear we would not have got automatic promotion if Vickers hadn't got injured, finally allowing Wildsmith back in the team. Vickers might play the odd match or part of a match as a number two, but he has never looked good enough to be the main keeper. And I'm pretty sure the stats last season bore that out very clearly.

Can't recall Vickers being a particularly weak link, although we clearly need a #1.

I've seen 'negligence' bandied around? Come on folks. We shooting for the best we can get. Easy to sign a keeper in June. Better to wait until deadline day to get the one you really want.

Patience Rams, patience. He'll be signing soon enough. 24-48 hours ish.

Just now, MaltRam said:

Can't recall Vickers being a particularly weak link, although we clearly need a #1.

I've seen 'negligence' bandied around? Come on folks. We shooting for the best we can get. Easy to sign a keeper in June. Better to wait until deadline day to get the one you really want.

Patience Rams, patience. He'll be signing soon enough. 24-48 hours ish.

Negligence banded about I’m guessing you mean me 🙄. As a club they’ve had 11 months to find a new number 1 that is better than Wildsmith. I’m guessing if this keeper is available now or in 2 weeks time he would have been available in June. Is he any better Rodak? Just as an example.  6 days before a new season in which Preseason has been dreadful and we are potentially favourites for the drop again. This is certainly a position that should have sorted weeks ago. 

9 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Negligence banded about I’m guessing you mean me 🙄. As a club they’ve had 11 months to find a new number 1 that is better than Wildsmith. I’m guessing if this keeper is available now or in 2 weeks time he would have been available in June. Is he any better Rodak? Just as an example.  6 days before a new season in which Preseason has been dreadful and we are potentially favourites for the drop again. This is certainly a position that should have sorted weeks ago. 

I agree. Like last season we get some good early business done but then there is a yawning gap as we seemly struggle to get some key ones over the line   

27 minutes ago, Cookie said:

7 days.
I've told you a trillion times to stop exaggerating!  

30 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Whilst I posted this morning saying there should be a cut off point for this deal, it may well be that the club are content for that to be deadline day if their analysis and scouting suggest he is the right option.

“Mismanagement and negligence” smacks of being keen to pour blame on Warne and seems to ignore the lengthy narrative we’ve had all summer around keeper targets. All the previous noise suggests we were in for the former Ipswich keeper before he signed for Burnley who are cash rich with premiership parachute money and objectively a better prospect than we are currently. We were also linked to Rodak, who has signed for a club in Saudi, I suspect for mega money compared to what we can offer, his prerogative. We were also linked to Iversen from Leicester with a couple of posters on here suggesting it was all but done until Leicester asked for more money or a larger wage contribution. Warne also commented earlier this summer that we looked to have a deal tied up for a player then things changed, which could be any one of the 3 mentioned. Pursuing various targets and proactively moving onto others when the situation changes is the very opposite of negligence in my view. Warne and the club have actively looked to strengthen the position and continue to do so. 

This transfer is a little different to others, but it’s not going to ruin things if we have to wait a week or two more for the confirmation. Provided we sign a keeper before the deadline we’ll be fine. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

31 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Guess I did. Sorry if that was arsey. Not intended to be rude.

Stand by the idea that the right player in mid August beats an average one in June.