Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Have I missed something?

Doesn't look like anything has actually changed, other than Dom answering a query with an answer that any of us could have given without being privy to the full facts.

I'm sure there will already be an agreed date for this transfer to be completed.

Now then, stop all this being sensible and reasonable and logical....

It's almost as though you're trying to stop people from panicking. 

Where's the fun in that? It's meltdown Friday, after all. And that's before the next pre-season friendly, sorry, I mean catastrophe.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Now then, stop all this being sensible and reasonable and logical....

It's almost as though you're trying to stop people from panicking. 

Where's the fun in that? It's meltdown Friday, after all. And that's before the next pre-season friendly, sorry, I mean catastrophe.

I think I'm losing the battle if @Caerphilly Ram and @MACKWORTHRAM are starting to panic 😂

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Have I missed something?

Doesn't look like anything has actually changed, other than Dom answering a query with an answer that any of us could have given without being privy to the full facts.

I'm sure there will already be an agreed date for this transfer to be completed.

No, you’re right essentially nothing has changed, as I said earlier provided we have agreed a point for this to happen there’s no issue….but there’s a slight implication in Dom’s response that it could still not happen and that’s where I hope the club is ready to move on another target rather than waiting about until deadline day. 

I know they don’t have to, but a statement clarifying a “deal agreed in principle between the clubs pending x” could reassure people that it’s happening… imminently. 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

No no, not panicking yet, nice and calm. Just think it’s a very important role to secure for the side and hope there’s a cut off point agreed for the deal and some sort of contingency if it doesn’t happen. 

I thought I got a slight whiff of panic...!

40 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Have I missed something?

Think its been insinuated either on here, twitter or in my head that it was basically done and dusted after the 2nd leg. Now Dom has come out and said that if the Swedish Club decide to pull out or keep dragging it on then they can do so.

Think after Vickers performance against Barnsley fans are desperate to see Zetterstrom in. Add in that transfer talk in general has gone quiet and its become frustrating for some within the fan base.

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

haha no im not panicking mate. I fully understood the europa conference games.

But they are fully taking the p**s if they start him in the next league game.

Are they at home? Could it be his agreed "goodbye" game in front of their fans?

20 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Dom has come out and said that if the Swedish Club decide to pull out or keep dragging it on then they can do so.

20 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think after Vickers performance against Barnsley fans are desperate to see Zetterstrom in. Add in that transfer talk in general has gone quiet and its become frustrating for some within the fan base

I think Dom is just having a guess by stating the bleeding obvious.

I agree with your 2nd point wholeheartedly.

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

A medical can be done, it is a long term risk evaluation. No underlying issues. How do you think Washington passed his medical last year when he was recovering from injury.

That’s a good question given he’s spent 90% of his time here injured. As have most of our signings from last summer. I’m beginning to think a DCFC medical involved being able to pick up a pen and that’s it!