Mendez Laing Arrested

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I don’t think we can comment about the veracity or otherwise of the allegations.

We weren’t there.

I hope, like every Derby fan should, that it isn’t true because a man punching a woman isn’t acceptable under any circumstances.

However, let’s see how the truth pans out before we judge either party, or indeed any newspaper article.

That would probably apply in this case (if he did  indeed punch her) but as a general blanket rule for all circumstances it's not actually true, is it?

I guess that as the incident took place on the Friday night and the police went to his accommodation to pick up the phone on the Sunday this would suggest that the phone theft is the only thing they are in a position to press charges on. The "assault" part sounds like the woman is over-egging it to get in the papers, was undoubtedly just a scuffle over the phone

The fact he’s been arrested for theft and not assault when night clubs have a billion CCTV cameras inside makes me believe that there might be some sensationalism added to the story of him snapping and taking her phone off him after catching them taking lots of photos and videos. 

It’s not clever but he’s in a nightclub so perhaps not in control of all inhibitions. 

26 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I guess that as the incident took place on the Friday night and the police went to his accommodation to pick up the phone on the Sunday this would suggest that the phone theft is the only thing they are in a position to press charges on. The "assault" part sounds like the woman is over-egging it to get in the papers, was undoubtedly just a scuffle over the phone

Was she Over -Egging it ? Has the Sun Whisked her away to a secret location where the bruising can be properly photographed? Not suprised that a footballer didn’t know a phone can be tracked .

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

... because a man punching a woman isn’t acceptable under any circumstances.

If a 17 stone drunken woman came raging towards my sub-12 stone frame whilst simultaneously boasting about how she's about to knock me out, I'm pretty sure I'd be tightly closing my eyes, flailing my arms about, and squealing like a banshee every bit as much as if she were a bloke!
If one happens to land, does that make me a woman-beater?

... And before you answer, remember it's illegal to treat one gender differently purely because of their gender.

#"treat us equally", they cried.  

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If a 17 stone drunken woman came raging towards my sub-12 stone frame whilst simultaneously boasting about how she's about to knock me out, I'm pretty sure I'd be tightly closing my eyes, flailing my arms about, and squealing like a banshee every bit as much as if she were a bloke!
If one happens to land, does that make me a woman-beater?

... And before you answer, remember it's illegal to treat one gender differently purely because of their gender.

#"treat us equally", they cried.  

I’m having a vision of a female version of “Big Daddy”, attacking an 11 stone weakling. 

So he gives some daft bird a back hander in a Spanish nightclub, we've all been there, best thing he can do is not answer bail and holiday elsewhere in future.

She was probably one of those ridiculous 'Love island' types that earns a living being an attention seeking 'influencer'.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No.

Unarmed.  Backed into a corner (Nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide).  And face to face with an attacker (gender not stated!)... armed with a baseball bat and/or small veg knife.
For clarity, no other persons are in the vicinity.

What's your next move?

A/  Try to punch and kick your way out of said corner?
B/  Stand hands aloft, whilst wailing "Please don't hurt me"?
C/  Fall to the floor, make like a foetus, and whimper to your mum to come and save you?  (She's not actually there, remember!)
D/  Other?

🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, one_chop said:

So he gives some daft bird a back hander in a Spanish nightclub, we've all been there, best thing he can do is not answer bail and holiday elsewhere in future.

She was probably one of those ridiculous 'Love island' types that earns a living being an attention seeking 'influencer'.

Post of the day. Asking for it aren't they OneChop. Jeez.

7 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Just, wow. 

10 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Dragons Den No GIF by CBC