Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

Welcome to Derby Kenzo! He’s 100% been signed for days and we’ve just been waiting to announce it before the Euros semi final ffs 😂

Decent start to the midfield rebuild, but there’s still a lot more work to be done. I’d say we’re still three players short there - Ebou Adams (ideally), a defensive midfielder who can control possession (Max Bird replacement), and an attacking midfielder who can provide the creativity and goal threat that we’re currently severely lacking (Louie Sibley replacement).

I think that leaves 2 midfielders required now, as unlike most I think Osborn will be used as a midfielder, not a wingback.

I think we're looking at GK, LB/LWB, MF, MF, FW to complete our business unless there are any outgoings. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Welcome to Derby Kenzo! He’s 100% been signed for days and we’ve just been waiting to announce it before the Euros semi final ffs 😂

Decent start to the midfield rebuild, but there’s still a lot more work to be done. I’d say we’re still three players short there - Ebou Adams (ideally), a defensive midfielder who can control possession (Max Bird replacement), and an attacking midfielder who can provide the creativity and goal threat that we’re currently severely lacking (Louie Sibley replacement).

Agree we still need some further additions in midfield. Without knowing much about his game other than that clip on YouTube and the bits I’ve read in the last few days I figured Kenzo was maybe the Bird replacement, at least how Warne used Bird last season playing a little further forward looking to get involved in the attack. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agree we still need some further additions in midfield. Without knowing much about his game other than that clip on YouTube and the bits I’ve read in the last few days I figured Kenzo was maybe the Bird replacement, at least how Warne used Bird last season playing a little further forward looking to get involved in the attack. 

Perhaps, based on his stats I was more pegging him as a Hourihane replacement (or at least, what Hourihane SHOULD have been). But we did play Bird more advanced than his natural role, that is true. I’d still say we need someone in there who can control possession though, either way up.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Perhaps, based on his stats I was more pegging him as a Hourihane replacement (or at least, what Hourihane SHOULD have been). But we did play Bird more advanced than his natural role, that is true. I’d still say we need someone in there who can control possession though, either way up.

Yep, intriguing addition…. Now let’s add more! 😁 

9 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Well he's a nice lad isn't he. He may hit the ground running but may also need a bit of time to adjust.  If so, fan patience in him is a must. It's great to see us back able to sign players.  Exciting times. 

Boooo why's he not scored yet 

57 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

54 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm hoping he'll be for us, what Josh Sheehan is for Bolton.  Comes a bit deeper, carries the ball forward, and breaks the lines with either a dribble or a pass.