Mathew Ryan - signed by AS Roma

Bubbles

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

The thing that would concern me most regarding the Hladky signing is that, for me, he’s not an improvement on Wildsmith. 

If you’re going to let the league one golden glove winner go you need to be doing it because you can bring in better. 

The Golden Glove award can be so misleading. If it's based on the number of clean sheets, I would suggest that was more down to the likes of Cashin and Nelson than anything else.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

The thing that would concern me most regarding the Hladky signing is that, for me, he’s not an improvement on Wildsmith. 

If you’re going to let the league one golden glove winner go you need to be doing it because you can bring in better. 

It would be mate.

We had a brilliant defence infront of Wildsmith and there were so many games last season where he had nothing to do, or 1 save to make.

The golden glove thing is really not a fair reflection. Our defence was so solid. 3 goals conceded in the last 10 games. 2 of which were in one game.

Other than Bolton, which was a world class save, I can't really remember Wildsmith having too much to do.

Also mate, if he was that good. The league one golden glove winner on a free transfer would be going somewhere a lot better than West Brom's bench.

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It would be mate.

We had a brilliant defence infront of Wildsmith and there were so many games last season where he had nothing to do, or 1 save to make.

The golden glove thing is really not a fair reflection. Our defence was so solid. 3 goals conceded in the last 10 games. 2 of which were in one game.

Other than Bolton, which was a world class save, I can't really remember Wildsmith having too much to do.

Also mate, if he was that good. The league one golden glove winner on a free transfer would be going somewhere a lot better than West Brom's bench.

Fair points, well made!

Perhaps I've just not seen enough of this new guy to really know. Just didn't seem like much of an upgrade on the face of it, especially when you bring the age difference into it, too.

Warne's recruitment has looked good so far so I'll trust in their decision making if this is the way forward. Would have preferred some of the other names being floated about, though. 

Word on him from an Ipswich contact of mine was that he got them promoted last year. Very good with his feet. Has a tendency to punch when he should catch and vice versa. Tells me he'd be an excellent acquisition. 

29 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Word on him from an Ipswich contact of mine was that he got them promoted last year. Very good with his feet. Has a tendency to punch when he should catch and vice versa. Tells me he'd be an excellent acquisition. 

Kelle Roos mk2 🥷

5 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

You what? Who would you want. Hladky just played every minute for an Ipswich side who were automatically promoted from the championship. On a free transfer for 2/3 years as a first choice he’s definitely not underwhelming.

Compared to Joe Wildsmith, not underwhelming. I'd say a step up

Compared to Matt Ryan, a little underwhelming.

If we'd never been linked with anyone else, I don't think there would be many complaints.

Lets see what the next 48 hours brings 😄

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It would be mate.

Bristol City or Oxford United?? 😳

27 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Heard that Ryan is going to Millwall so maybe truth in the Hladky rumours?

Rumours that Millwall signing Jenson from Lincoln aswell so could say the same the other way 

38 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

1st choice, playing in front of 25-30k every other week vs having to play for Millwall, tough choice….

The “living in London” thing is so overrated, you couldn’t pay me enough to want to live there.

I very much doubt he is going to be living in a basement flat, at a terraced property just off Cold Blow Lane mate 😂

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

1st choice, playing in front of 25-30k every other week vs having to play for Millwall, tough choice….

The “living in London” thing is so overrated, you couldn’t pay me enough to want to live there.

Can be in the smoke within 90 1st class minutes on the train.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Can be in the smoke within 90 1st class minutes on the train.

Tell that to his missus 

she’ll be driving the capital agenda 

50000 Aussies in london 

1 minute ago, BobdeBilder said:

They keep banging on about how great the Oz lifestyle is but half the bloody country lives over here? I don't see what the attraction is. 

You’d move if just going to the front gate you nearly get murdered by multiple spiders, snakes, scorpions and crocodiles. 

5 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

They keep banging on about how great the Oz lifestyle is but half the bloody country lives over here? I don't see what the attraction is. 

You don’t have to drive 250 miles for a beer or a sh@g!