Your Top 3 Favourite Derby players ever

1 hour ago, Sweetness34 said:

I was born in '86 and named after Williams. And you may be surprised to know that I can count on one hand how often people have made the link despite living in Derby my entire life 😄

Hmm, I wonder if that's why my mate Wanchope Smith, is named so.

I never thought to ask him, and he's never mentioned it. Nor has his brother, Fabrizio. 

Started with real interest in 94/95 so I’d go with - 

1. Taribo West, what a player he was, growing up I loved Football Italia. He came (under Gods instruction) kept us up and left. What a player he was. 

2. Dean Sturridge, what a player he was, fired us to promotion and scored some cracking goals in the Prem. 

3. Aljosa Asanovic. How much would he have been worth in today’s game. Lucky we signed him before Euro 96 as we’d have stood no chance after. 

How things might have been had West and Asa stayed longer. 

Notable mentions to Carbonari, Laursen, Poom, Buxton and Bryson. 

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Started with real interest in 94/95 so I’d go with - 

1. Taribo West, what a player he was, growing up I loved Football Italia. He came (under Gods instruction) kept us up and left. What a player he was. 

2. Dean Sturridge, what a player he was, fired us to promotion and scored some cracking goals in the Prem. 

3. Aljosa Asanovic. How much would he have been worth in today’s game. Lucky we signed him before Euro 96 as we’d have stood no chance after. 

How things might have been had West and Asa stayed longer. 

Notable mentions to Carbonari, Laursen, Poom, Buxton and Bryson. 

Always remember him being very casual on the ball in the box where his teammates and supporters were screaming for him to use the ball.  He was technically very good but always seemed to play his own way without much direction and he also had a bit of a habit of going AWOL without telling anyone where he was, so I think kept us up is a bit to far.  I'd give that to McGrath and Asanovic with a nod to Van Der Laan who often gets forgotten coming back from a loan spell.

Asanovic was a bit of a nomad and once we signed Eranio he didn't play much and didn't seem to fancy a sub role based on his game quality in year 2.  Outstanding the first year though.

This has been a great discussion for us all day. 
we celebrate the Father in laws 80th today so we got a list from 3 generations. 

Firstly, the Wife she was a Season ticket holder 95-98 (she got some great years to watch the Rams before she stopped going) 

1. Poom 

2. Eranio 

3. Wanchope 

80 years old today father in law:

1. Charlie George 

2. Colin Todd 

3. Archie Gemmil 

19 years old Son. He said he had to add number 4 just for this years promotion 😂 

1. George Thorne 

2. Fikayo Tomori 

3. Johnny Russel 

4. Ebouuuuuuuuu

Mine. I’m 48 been watching since 1985 age 9  

1. Stefanio Eranio 

2. Dean Saunders 

3. Seth Johnson/ Mark Wright / Igor/ Wanchope/ Tim Man / Biano / Thorne (can’t count to 3 😂

1. Stefano Eranio

2. Mart Poom

3. Igor Stimac

Igor wouldve been higher had he played more games. Others who were brilliant in that era Wanchope (although I didn’t fully appreciate him at the time), Baiano, Sturridge, Asanovic, Chris Powell, Tony Dorigo, Jacob Laursen, Spencer Prior, Kinkladze, Taribo West, Chris Riggott, Horacio from Rosario. More earlier you had the likes of Simmo, Gabbiadini, Tommy Johnson, Mark Pembridge, Dean Yates, Gary Charles, Paul Kitson then later there was obviously Tommy Smith Rasiak Idiakez Bisgaard and then obviously the players of the last decade. 

We’ve had some bloody good players even in my time following Derby let alone the greats of the Champions Era.