Ben Osborn

Sean

By Alan Nixon

Watford are trying to snap up midfielder Ben Osborn after he was let go by Sheffield United.

The Hornets are keen on Osborn’s experience and want him to sign in case Blades come back after their takeover bid is settled.

Derby County are also keen on Osborn but have other targets in that area.

I do think Osborn fits in the way we play, can cover CM and LWB positions and obviously has connections to the club. He’s coming off a season where he’s been fit for the majority too, albeit historically he’s found it difficult to stay healthy for the entire season. 

I don’t mind signing a 30 year old on a free, who can cover multiple positions and was a boyhood fan. Injuries are a concern but if the numbers make sense then he’d be a good signing. 

26 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

He’s been round the ground, and was one of the three players Warne spoke to. He wants to be local and be close to family. It’s a strong possibility 

Do you know the names of the other 2 player BT? 😇

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

He’s been round the ground, and was one of the three players Warne spoke to. He wants to be local and be close to family. It’s a strong possibility 

I hope so! He would help take us to the next level.

45 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Mubama an interesting one.  Why would we think he is more ready than Dajaune Brown? 

I knew this would be a comment.

Although I think Brown is a great prospect, one has had Prem experience. Been learning from a great Prem striker in Antonio. 

Played in Europe and scored. Been in the England set ups up to under 20’s. 

He’s definitely more Championship ready. And what’s to say they couldn’t play together anyway? Although I personally think Brown could benefit from a league 1 loan 

15 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

I knew this would be a comment.

Although I think Brown is a great prospect, one has had Prem experience. Been learning from a great Prem striker in Antonio. 

Played in Europe and scored. Been in the England set ups up to under 20’s. 

He’s definitely more Championship ready. And what’s to say they couldn’t play together anyway? Although I personally think Brown could benefit from a league 1 loan 

Should never turn down the chance to sign talent if the opportunity arises. Players like Brown, or Mubama, are the type of players who could be sold for a lot of money and make a massive difference to this club’s future. 

5 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Doesn't he have business connections in the Derby area BT? If he does it'd certainly make sense he'd want to stay in the local area rather than just north of London.

2 hours ago, alram said:

i could totally see it happening but i dont think hes ever been a good player

hes a small player that isnt strong, isnt quick and doesnt have a nailed down position & hes got over 350 senior appreances, that should be a worry 

This post is a bit contradictory, isn’t it? 350 senior appearances should be a worry? How?

He’s 29, never played below the Championship and had 3 seasons as a fairly regular PL player, albeit for a poor PL side.

For a side coming up from League One, he would be an excellent signing. Experienced at this level without being too old, versatile to cover at least 2 positions that we need to strengthen. If he’s willing to come, it’s a no-brainer for me.