Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

They also have the premier league tax, which makes players even more overpriced.

Didn’t Cash just play in the Champ for them? I would love it if we could have a crop of youngsters that could improve and take us to the Prem . And not take peanuts early on for them . 

Can someone please confirm other than Big Trav who our ITKS are? I cannot keep up, need to be able to search their names up as soon as I get on here to look😂😂

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Did we sell this one in admin?

I’m hoping it was only the Gordon sell on clause that Quantuma sold. If we still have the Delap clause it will be a game changer in relation to our budget going forward. Anyone ITK ?

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Didn’t Cash just play in the Champ for them? I would love it if we could have a crop of youngsters that could improve and take us to the Prem . And not take peanuts early on for them . 

I’m not convinced Warne is the manager for that. Can’t see players like either Robinson, Brown, Thompson et al being given the opportunities Bird, Knight, Cashin etc were 3/4 years ago. Hope I’m wrong 

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I'm exactly the same, I was just trying to justify the transfer fees.

I do think that we could get substantially more for some of our younger players if they perform in the championship. Looking at transfers from championship clubs to premier league clubs last season you've got the likes of: Wharton (Blackburn to Palace, £21 million), Alex Scott (Bristol City to Bournemouth, £23 million), Gustavo Hamer (Coventry to Sheff Utd, £17 million), Tyler Adams (Leeds to Bournemouth, £27 million), Morgan Rogers (Middlesborough to Villa, £10 million), Andrew Omobamidele (Norwich to Florist, £12 million), Max Aarons (Norwich to Bournemouth, £8 million), Dara O'Shea (WBA to Burnley, £8 million).

I think these fees justify taking a longer term approach to developing / selling on young players.

While not every young player reaches the top levels, the club could still sell on players to lower levels picking up the odd £100K to £250K transfer fees.

8 minutes ago, Jram said:

I’m not convinced Warne is the manager for that. Can’t see players like either Robinson, Brown, Thompson et al being given the opportunities Bird, Knight, Cashin etc were 3/4 years ago. Hope I’m wrong 

It doesn't stop us from loaning them out to give them game time. Looking at Jerry Yates's record it appears he was out of favour at Rotherham, but built up some momentum from loan spells.

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I propose a thread that only ITK’s can post in. Let’s see who the top dog is.

Thing is, this is genuinely a genius idea. Have a thread for all of them to post what they know in there, but only they can post in there so it’s all kept together. 

27 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Can someone please confirm other than Big Trav who our ITKS are? I cannot keep up, need to be able to search their names up as soon as I get on here to look😂😂

So, you wouldn't believe @Big Trav even if he was only telling you who the supposed ITKs are? I thought he'd had a pretty good strike rate to be honest.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure BT is still the big 🧀 in the ITK department 😉

Despite the winking emoji which i assume is aimed at trying to give the impression of lightening the comment, your constant digs at BT are really rather churlish. I consider you to be a reasoned and fair poster but certainly not with regard to this aspect of the transfer rumours thread.

I have no idea whether he really is ITK and am not bothered one way or another.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Despite the winking emoji which i assume is aimed at trying to give the impression of lightening the comment, your constant digs at BT are really rather churlish. I consider you to be a reasoned and fair poster but certainly not with regard to this aspect of the transfer rumours thread.

I have no idea whether he really is ITK and am not bothered one way or another.

Sounds like @Jimbo Ram ‘s school report. Must do better C+ 😆

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

He did. He was abolutly s**** in midfield for about 3 years.  It was the much maligned O'Neill who put him in his best position.  Could easily have gone on a free at some point if not for him.