Transfer rumours

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I remember writing him off last season.

Yep, and grateful for how he did. Doesnt change I still think we would have been better with a better striker up there, but his durability (until that darn injury) and attitude really helped. Even more important we improve on him for this year - and I have no doubt Warne isn’t planning on him being the main guy this season. 

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t mind Collins staying for him in the squad, got qualities he can bring. But we certainly don’t want him starting any number of meaningful games. 

When you say "we" do you mean you?

If Collins can contribute and help the team,  I  don't care if he is starting and playing till knackered or coming on with 2 minutes to go to help us hold onto the points. 

32 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Iversen deal literally cannot be similar. CBT could sign precontract forms in January to ensure he was our player from July.

Iversen cannot do that. We could have him on loan for a year and he could walk away for a better offer.

CBT couldn’t sign pre-contract forms with us in January, it’s only “international” transfers where that applies, not domestic. 

1 hour ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Nice one BT, if all comes to fruition am well pleased with Ossy and Iversen just was hoping for an upgrade on Collo in the championship, hopefully he’s just back up for the other 2 strikers we sign 🙏

How dopey am I , I was reading that as collo was handing in his resignation 😂, was thinking that’s strange in a football player / club scenario 🤷🏻‍♂️

39 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Iversen deal literally cannot be similar. CBT could sign precontract forms in January to ensure he was our player from July.

Iversen cannot do that. We could have him on loan for a year and he could walk away for a better offer.

You get season long loans with conditional and unconditional transfers at the end all the time. Blackett-Taylor was the same, except the loan was shorter.

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Pleased with Osborn, despite his obvious emotional attachment to the club, he’s a talented footballer and a grafter who can cover multiple positions. Assume he fits in at LWB or CM and plays a lot of football this season. 

Osborn signing means  we intend to play a bit more football this season . He will combine with Fozzy , Elder and CBT down the left where he has spent most of his career.He will be looking to play the ball to the feet of a couple of strikers yet to be sourced.

Wonder if Wash is staying ? 

I can see plenty of games where we have Wash and Collo up top due to injuries etc to newbies .... not particularly inspiring ..

Perhaps not as bad as division one Greenwood and Caskey or even Miller and Earnshaw . 

Reliable to put a shift in , maybe. 

Reliable to put the ball in the net , Unlikely ..

Good solid professionals but we need a little bit more to comfortably survive.. 

The most interesting window for many a year !!