Transfer rumours

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely brilliant is a serious stretch for most of our signings… though I do admit the budget has been heavily restrictive. We needed more investment to have a change of survival.

Like I say, striker is the most important position we’ve needed a signing in for over a YEAR now. To fail to get one yet again is unforgivable. You can sign all the other players you want, we will NOT survive without a better number 9.

I get what you’re saying but I honestly don’t think there’s any striker, in our price range, that we could sign that would guarantee we stay up. 

Yates has also only had one league game so far. I think if we signed him on deadline day, rather than at the start of the window, people would be a lot more excited to see how he goes this season. 

Still a few hours to go. Let’s see!

2 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

Imo it is more important to have a physical presence up top so we actually have someone to cross to. Collins is forever stood behind a 6ft 5 defender, and Yates is a midget.

I agree completely look at Frey for QPR tonight, great hold up striker. 

But if we end up with Yates and Collins at least we need to get some more creativity in the team. Seems like we have signed loads of cdm's. Unless we're going for 1 goal wins all season and shutting up shop. #fun

Edozie, potentially a decent winger Saints bought from Citeh - for too much - is available for a loan. 

Sky reports Sheffield Wednesday, Rangers, Swansea, Sheffield United and other unnamed Championship sides for him to choose from. 

Edited by IslandExile

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Yes leftovers from the buffet is always attractive when you have no money 

I've let a lot go tonight on here but I am not going to sit here and have someone bad mouth cold pizza and sausage rolls. I'm not going to stand for it.

If you start going off at cheese and pineapple hedgehogs I will probably get banned. 😜

1 minute ago, KBB said:

Derby fans "Brown should be starting. He is quality and Warne is shocking for not playing him"

Also Derby fans "sign a new striker now"

To be fair not many suggesting he should be starting, but could have been given more opportunities than he has to date. None of us see what Warne sees in training, I guess we have to trust that process as we haven’t been given many chances to see what he can do.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But we want a new striker because Warne isn't starting brown, even in what ended up being a meaningless cup game.

Wouldn't another striker simply push him further and further down the pecking order and probably out of the club?

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely brilliant is a serious stretch for most of our signings… though I do admit the budget has been heavily restrictive. We needed more investment to have a change of survival.

Like I say, striker is the most important position we’ve needed a signing in for over a YEAR now. To fail to get one yet again is unforgivable. You can sign all the other players you want, we will NOT survive without a better number 9.

To be fair, we were never going to get promoted last season unless we replaced McGoldrick's goals. They weren't replaced, yet we scored more and got promoted.

If we can't find a striker that fits what we want for the budget we have, then there's little point spending on someone who doesn't fit the mould and have it backfire.

Although a few years ago now, we do have two strikers that have both had a career best of 14 goals in a Championship season. I don't think a team battling relegation can expect to have a striker scoring much more than that, so if we can get the best out of Yates etc., then we aren't a complete write-off yet.