Transfer rumours

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just like the Cashin situation last year.

So if Ipswich don't get their man, we go with what we got?

Yes, but the alternative is overpaying.

You can find quick solutions at a cost; but not if you are trying to get good solutions at low cost.

Price worth paying, i suspect.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Unlikely, Ipswich already have about 5 strikers on the books ahead of him. I think the fact they’re out the league cup really reduces his game time to minutes off the bench at the most. 

Delap, Szmodics, Chaplin, Broadhead and Hirst would all be called upon ahead of him IMO.

Szmodics and Chaplin aren’t strikers, Broadhead and Hirst are also both injured at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Unlikely, Ipswich already have about 5 strikers on the books ahead of him. I think the fact they’re out the league cup really reduces his game time to minutes off the bench at the most. 

Delap, Szmodics, Chaplin, Broadhead and Hirst would all be called upon ahead of him IMO.

Broadhead & Hirst are injured, Delap is a young unproven striker whilst both Chaplin & Szmodics are likely to play in the 10 role. Ipswich are clearly after a main striker as they have been linked to Broja, Edouard & Latte-Lath in the last 48hours

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

What are the moaners gonna complain about with Phillips ? my guesses are 

“his champions league medal is probably dusty is was a few years ago”

“he hasn’t played champions league football since last season” 

“He’s not young and fast enough”

Found the winner 

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Whispers of Hull chasing Cashin.... 

Doubt it.  When we were Lg1 maybe, but he will be looking a league up - and this is his shot season at it.

I can see a young lad with a few bob in the pocket wanting to move to Bristol, but Hull is more depressing than Derby.

Fleetwood & Stevenage have both signed forwards today, and Jake Young is still available.

I wonder if PW's "2 or 3" that he hoped to sign might be Phillips + Al Hamadi + Young, with Brown & Washington leaving.

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Found the winner 

I've said it once and will say it again, some, not all, but some of our fans are morons who do not deserve nice things.

They will find anything and everything to  moan about and chuck at the club they support.  We have enough from outside the club with rival fans, the supposed efl hatred of the club, rival owners seemingly wanting us to go out of business and when we sign a centre back from a top 4 prem club who has played Premier league and champions league football with distinction thsts the beet they come up with.

Utter drivel and our fans need to start calling them out on here, twitter or wherever.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Fleetwood & Stevenage have both signed forwards today, and Jake Young is still available.

I wonder if PW's "2 or 3" that he hoped to sign might be Phillips + Al Hamadi + Young, with Brown & Washington leaving.

Has anyone (other than BT) suggested we are interested in Jake Young?

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

I've said it once and will say it again, some, not all, but some of our fans are morons who do not deserve nice things.

They will find anything and everything to  moan about and chuck at the club they support.  We have enough from outside the club with rival fans, the supposed efl hatred of the club, rival owners seemingly wanting us to go out of business and when we sign a centre back from a top 4 prem club who has played Premier league and champions league football with distinction thsts the beet they come up with.

Utter drivel and our fans need to start calling them out on here, twitter or wherever.

I have already and smelt a few red dogs on here. No way are they fans of dcfc. 

49 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Loans count to the squad regardless of age so we currently have a full 25 man squad if Phillips signs, Rooney & Brown dont count.

So if we bring 1 or 2 more in as well woth Warne saying he wants 2 or 3 then 1 or 2 more need to leave, Washington makes most sense but someone else would have to go as well. Brown going wouldnt make a difference to the 25 man squad.

Surely it would be fairly straight forward to loan out Brown with most of L2 wanting him. 

I can’t see anyone able to pay Washington’s wages, who would be willing to have him even on a free.

If there was to be an out of the blue departure, it could be Ward on a loan. We have Nyambe and Wilson and I’m sure Warne wouldn’t be afraid to put Thompson in at Rb if needed.

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

I agree.  Reasonable critique is one thing, but we may be signing someone who was man of the match in a Champions League match just over a season ago.  I think this one is hard to argue against.

I think it is mainly people who resent not supporting Man City - personally, I wish that type would!

4 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Surely it would be fairly straight forward to loan out Brown with most of L2 wanting him. 

I can’t see anyone able to pay Washington’s wages, who would be willing to have him even on a free.

If there was to be an out of the blue departure, it could be Ward on a loan. We have Nyambe and Wilson and I’m sure Warne wouldn’t be afraid to put Thompson in at Rb if needed.

I wouldn’t let Ward go, when he was fit he actually looked our most dangerous player going forward