Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And even the clip used on the Rams Daily Podcast has David Clowes himself saying "I'm certainly excited and I think fans should be aswell"

I am currently waiting to see what for.

image.gif.fa2b57f1d7244146bbf747ce2cd649d4.gif

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

"Speaking live on talkSPORT 2 radio, journalist Darren Witcoop claimed that Derby like Adeboyejo and there is a ‘good chance’ he will leave Bolton this summer."

Has anyone been able to confirm that this was actually said?

Haven't been able to find anything on it but don't suspect @Carneroto be on the wind up either!

54 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think you’re right but also that we need to be a bit patient. A season of stable mediocrity might not be a bad thing. 

We might hark back to these days should a billionaire buy the Derby Dodgers, dress us in red and pink and make 80% of the ground corporate 😊

I'd prefer the colours and name - not so keen on 80% corporate but if it got us to the prem...

I wonder how many of those criticising the perceived amount of cash being invested/lack of ambition in this window would be willing to pay more on their season ticket to ensure signings are competitive? 

£100 each on every season ticket? Gets us circa £2m extra per year? Decent striker on a decent contract for 2 years. Guaranteed to score goals and deliver every time they pull on the shirt and they’ll never lose value, be injured or owt! We won’t pay over the odds cos our list is a secret stash of players that no one else is ever interested in.

I know it might be more than you may have budgeted for but doesn’t matter does it - it’s only your money or your personal assets you need to draw it from or maybe take an extra loan to cover the cost and just stretch that debt on the credit card further. It’ll be fine in the end.

We all love Derby so what’s the problem?! 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Has anyone been able to confirm that this was actually said?

Haven't been able to find anything on it but don't suspect @Carneroto be on the wind up either!

I should have posted a link.

It was on here for what it's worth: https://www.derbycounty.news/transfer-news/derby-county-interested-in-outstanding-efl-striker-good-chance-hell-move-this-week/

At least it tilted this thread back to discussing a transfer "rumour" if nothing else!

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He clearly has the funds to be competitive at this level, but the room for error is small. I always thought we had more in a pot and that the approach in League One made sense as we would rebuild at this level. 

This is really my question though: does he?

As far as I'm aware he doesn't have the kind of financial-power that Mel Morris had, and the cost of running this club in the Championship seemingly got too much for him (albeit due to some awful mismanagement of spending). 

19 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I wonder how many of those criticising the perceived amount of cash being invested/lack of ambition in this window would be willing to pay more on their season ticket to ensure signings are competitive? 

£100 each on every season ticket? Gets us circa £2m extra per year? Decent striker on a decent contract for 2 years. Guaranteed to score goals and deliver every time they pull on the shirt and they’ll never lose value, be injured or owt! We won’t pay over the odds cos our list is a secret stash of players that no one else is ever interested in.

I know it might be more than you may have budgeted for but doesn’t matter does it - it’s only your money or your personal assets you need to draw it from or maybe take an extra loan to cover the cost and just stretch that debt on the credit card further. It’ll be fine in the end.

I understand  the point you make , especially when 3/4 of our fans won’t even turn up for cup games . While other fans spend £100 on every away day .I just think we would all be happier if we didn’t employ Wash/Wags/Gayle , just get one decent striker .

2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Deadline day tomorrow, are we all super excited 🤩 I’m going for Cooper and Gayle 😂 😂 😂 

Wouldn’t need to be signed tomorrow anyway. 

1 hour ago, RamInSweden said:

Clowes is a great guy, but he doesn’t seem to be the type of guy who gambles or takes chances, which won’t take us far. Morris was ambitious, but had the wrong people around him. We signed poor players for substantial amounts of money. Spending f*** all will take us nowhere in the championship.

I remember a time when all the fans wanted was for the club to be saved and to be run responsibly in the future. Of course, I realised then that many of them were lying.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I remember a time when all the fans wanted was for the club to be saved and to be run responsibly in the future. Of course, I realised then that many of them were lying.

You can’t say that. Statute of limitations. That sentiment was banned as of last summer. 

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Totally get that. But if everyone improves and they are and we don’t we will go down. We aren’t being competitive in the transfer market and we are currently just making up the numbers.

Of course that could all change tomorrow. Big day which could define our season!

Edited by McMuffin

1 hour ago, Dava75 said:

Humm good point but my season ticket is already over £500 !

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

This is really my question though: does he?

As far as I'm aware he doesn't have the kind of financial-power that Mel Morris had, and the cost of running this club in the Championship seemingly got too much for him (albeit due to some awful mismanagement of spending). 

As GoC said: he will probably be plugging another £5-10m hole this season. He’s funded the club to the tune of £10m a season (probably) up to this point. We can only lose £13m a year under PSR anyway. 

other clubs are selling players, some for obscene values, so they have money to reinvest. We simply haven’t got that many players other teams would pay for, nevermind for any serious value.

In terms of net spend, we’re likely to be one of the highest in the league - certainly top 6. In terms of overall spend, we’re likely to be in the bottom 6.