Transfer rumours

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looks like it is Cannon we are in for not Nelson like we thought, very unlikely imo....

Screenshot_20240826_220139_X.jpg

Percy saying Sunderland have offered £5m, with 3 other teams (not us) expected to make offers this week. You could replace Cannon’s name with Bellingham and it would be the same difference. 

32 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Re: Andre Gray

I'm sure i read that the reason Jordan Henderson left Saudi but signed for Ajax rather in an English club is because of income tax. Apparently if he came back to England within a year he would have to pay tax on his massive wages earned in Saudi so he went to Europe instead.

No idea if this is actually true but if it is, according to Wiki, Andre Gray signed for his Saudi club on 7 Sept 2023 - which could be a problem if he returns to England right now ?

Yea, this is to do with the Non Dom tax loophole you hear about in the news from time to time. If you spend less than 4 weeks in the country in a tax year you can avoid income tax on your earnings.

Its also a key reason these pop and rock stars like doing year long world tours. No tax to pay!

Edited by therealhantsram

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Yea, this is to do with the Non Dom tax loophole you hear about in the news from time to time. If you spend less than 4 weeks in the country in a tax year you can avoid income tax on your earnings.

Its also a key reason these pop and rock stars like doing year long world tours. No tax to pay!

Sorry but it really isnt to do with non-dom status. 

Don't see that we would be interested in Cannon. He's very similar to Yates in style. Not the physical number 9 that has been touted. Cannon doesn't hold the ball up at all really.

Aside from that it's just utterly unlikely.

Luton looking at him is interesting but they've also losing Ogbene to Ipswich so one in one out maybe.

There's loads of tetris to be played over the coming days. Prem squads are overloaded. Can see a number of players coming available or even being released to allow them to play football. 

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@SECornerRAM was it a case of Chirewa or Devine (whoever we agreed to sign first) or are we still trying to sign both, with Chirewa viewed as a winger option - inferring no CF signing.

not too sure, last I heard Chirewa was looking unlikely then here we are 
Transfers are difficult but ultimately if someone gives the green light it moves really quickly - I'm certainly not envious of the people doing the dealings 

Someone said this morning that the club weren't confident of getting a striker over the line, same as January, it only takes one thing to move though so fingers crossed 

3 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Transfers are difficult but ultimately if someone gives the green light it moves really quickly - I'm certainly not envious of the people doing the dealings 

Someone said this morning that the club weren't confident of getting a striker over the line, same as January, it only takes one thing to move though so fingers crossed 

If it’s true the striker is Ali Al-Hamadi Ipswich need a striker before we get him. It looks like they’re trying to revive the Broja deal now which would up our chances. 
If we don’t get a striker it’s awful by the people from the top to be honest. I don’t like to be negative because so much people already are but knowing we’ve needed a striker since the final whistle from Carlisle and not getting one (Yates aside) is poor.

16 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If it’s true the striker is Ali Al-Hamadi Ipswich need a striker before we get him. It looks like they’re trying to revive the Broja deal now which would up our chances. 
If we don’t get a striker it’s awful by the people from the top to be honest. I don’t like to be negative because so much people already are but knowing we’ve needed a striker since the final whistle from Carlisle and not getting one (Yates aside) is poor.

We are desperate for a target man but I just can't see with our finances who we are going to get with any quality the free agent list is uninspiring and is there a target man in the premiership under 21's apart from fraser at wolves that could improve us gonna be a late night Friday

46 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Screwed if we don’t bring in another striker 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I think the problem is that there will be strong competition for Al Hamadi

19 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Poor form if we don't get a striker in. 

Not like we've had the whole window to bring another other than Yates in.

Patience man, don't you know there are 3 days and 14 hours left of the transfer window. The club are working hard on targets and as Paul Warne has said many times, clubs don't start releasing players until the last 2 days of the window.

Jimmy Fallon Ok GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

53 minutes ago, Topram said:

Screwed if we don’t bring in another striker 

Spoke to one of the senior players over the weekend who believes the squad is good enough to avoid the drop. [I interpretted it as the squad/club see us in a bottom 6 battle, rather than the lower midtable season as I had expected]. What I didn't ask was whether that view was with the planned sigings in mind or not

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ipswich planning to go after Edourd from palace if Broja deal doesn’t happen. So Al-Hamadi will leave on loan I’d imagine, hopefully it’s to become a Ram.

Oxford been linked a lot

15 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ipswich planning to go after Edourd from palace if Broja deal doesn’t happen. So Al-Hamadi will leave on loan I’d imagine, hopefully it’s to become a Ram.

£115M spent so far and more to come. It's starting to look like they're 'doing a Forest'.