Transfer rumours

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Really? Osula and Dobbin came here, developed and played games for there teams in the Prem after being sent here. Both gone for multi million pounds. 

Bird had his most productive season and under Warne. Sibley got lots of minutes and moved to a champ club. Knight was sold to a champ club after playing for Warne and got international appearances. 

Cashin was tried to be bought by Brighton and has developed over the last 2 years. 

Other players like NML have had there best seasons in competitive football under Warne

I think some people are blinkered tbh

A certain midfielder came here on loan as well, and is widely regarded as being the difference between a top 2 finish and a top 6 finish.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Really? Osula and Dobbin came here, developed and played games for there teams in the Prem after being sent here. Both gone for multi million pounds. 

Bird had his most productive season and under Warne. Sibley got lots of minutes and moved to a champ club. Knight was sold to a champ club after playing for Warne and got international appearances. 

Cashin was tried to be bought by Brighton and has developed over the last 2 years. 

Other players like NML have had there best seasons in competitive football under Warne

I think some people are blinkered tbh

Add to that Palace saw it as an acceptable opportunity for David Ozoh’s development to send him here. Kenzo allegedly chose us over a Robin van Persie coached Heerenveen side. We’ve just signed a goalkeeper who is apparently well regarded in Europe and was being scouted by PL sides. I think the club, or the league we’re in, or maybe even Paul Warne, still has some appeal for signing players.

26 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Add to that Palace saw it as an acceptable opportunity for David Ozoh’s development to send him here. Kenzo allegedly chose us over a Robin van Persie coached Heerenveen side. We’ve just signed a goalkeeper who is apparently well regarded in Europe and was being scouted by PL sides. I think the club, or the league we’re in, or maybe even Paul Warne, still has some appeal for signing players.

The glass is definitely half full 👍👍👍

48 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I agree with the above but answer me this - if you’re sending a Derby player on loan somewhere, what’s the most important thing you’re looking for?

For me - I want development of that player. 

Now my own personal opinion, I don’t see PW with his style and approach as a manager who develops players. 

This is why I think it’s so difficult to attract players even once we are competitive financially.

Maybe the people actually involved in football have a bit more knowledge than you and think Warne is ok at what he does!

23 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The glass is definitely half full 👍👍👍

Mine? Almost always 😄 

I get the concerns some have about Warne when it comes to playing style/tactics/player development. But I can also see that we have made signings and attracted SOME players in all the time he’s been here, so we’re not exactly a footballing leper colony on account of his presence. 

7 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

An interesting thought is that do you want a player who is happy to go to the highest bidder no matter which club it is...or do you want a player that wants to play for DCFC ??

I want the best quality of player regardless 😂 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Mine? Almost always 😄 

I get the concerns some have about Warne when it comes to playing style/tactics/player development. But I can also see that we have made signings and attracted SOME players in all the time he’s been here, so we’re not exactly a footballing leper colony on account of his presence. 

We are not in a league 1 anymore and PW does have a reputation, I will concede that his record in the Championship is not great but you have to take into consideration the budget the he was given to consolidate his Championship position in the past.

PW comes across as a genuine sort of guy with a plan  and I think this, along with Derbys excellent facilities, makes us a fairly attractive club to play for.

Personally I am happy to take a long term approach to returning to the Premiership, we don’t want to become a YOYO club.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

McGoldrick had his best scoring season ever under Warne despite only having one goal until the 29th October.

Wildsmith played 97 of his 191 career games at Derby, conceding only 88 goals with 42 clean sheets - won the best goalkeeper award. Moved on to big money sitting on West Brom's bench.

Nyambe flourished after being without a club until end of September after being released by relegated Wigan.

Nelson became a crucial role and player of the season, being the only outfield player in the league to play every minute, after being released by two clubs in the previous season.

Mendez Laing has become a full international and captain under Warne after a few years of upheaval between clubs.

Ebou Adams became a stalwart and loved by all after barely playing at Cardiff for 18 months.

Likewise with Kane Wilson, going from playing only a few times at Bristol to being a fans favourite at Derby.

Sure there's been a few duds like Washington and Fornah, but overall, the strike rate is pretty high for signings.

I'd suggest that Warne has been highly successful in progressing careers of many players at the club, both old and young.

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

Dom’s tweet doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

Brain trust meeting where a long term loan striker is being discussed. What about the two other players we need? What if this long term target doesn’t come good?

In for a real tough season aren't we? Predict quite a few more games like the Boro one this season where we are giving absolutely everything to hold on to points. Not sure we win many away games.

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

In for a real tough season aren't we? Predict quite a few more games like the Boro one this season where we are giving absolutely everything to hold on to points. Not sure we win many away games.

Looking on the positive side, we are in the top half of the table.

37 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

We are not in a league 1 anymore and PW does have a reputation, I will concede that his record in the Championship is not great but you have to take into consideration the budget the he was given to consolidate his Championship position in the past.

PW comes across as a genuine sort of guy with a plan  and I think this, along with Derbys excellent facilities, makes us a fairly attractive club to play for.

Personally I am happy to take a long term approach to returning to the Premiership, we don’t want to become a YOYO club.

We’re on a very similar page, perhaps we’ve both been visited by the same invisible rabbit 🤔