Transfer rumours

On 18/08/2024 at 12:31, Crewton said:

I think @NottsRam77 might disagree with you about that 😉 but of course it's generally true. I would have thought that the continued support that Clowes is giving to the Academy was evidence of substantial investment in creating value. Had Administration not forced the sale of some of our most promising talent, we'd possibly already have a substantial transfer fund building from the annual £5m-ish investment. Even the realisation of resale add-ons is now boosting the club's funds. Given the apparent pool of talent we now have coming through, that investment could yield huge benefits. That is real investment. I just don't think we're likely to see Clowes being a gambler over and above what he and his family are currently funding.

Well played sir 😂🙌

On 18/08/2024 at 15:12, Thameram said:

3 good loan signings please like mount, tomori and Wilson would do 

That would need us bringing in a complete rookie manager who the powers that be have destined for great things, so they pull strings to bring in players we would normally never have a sniff of signing to make said rookie look good. The risk with that approach is that we put ourselves in danger of being stabbed in the back by said rookie.

27 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

The lack of rumours is crazy. 

Either we’re cooking the most deadly, secretive trio of signings going or presumably our tactic of wait to the last minute and hope our targets pick us may not be working.

My personal opinion is we are waiting and hoping for a bid from Brighton for Cashin so we can make a move.

I also think that was why Cashin came off (and he was angry about it) for concussion. I could be wrong, but I think we panicked and brought him off to protect him and Cashin knew full well he was fit enough to carry on.

I think if Cashin was to go a few then arrive. Like last time, if it doesn't happen I feel like we may get 1 more.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My personal opinion is we are waiting and hoping for a bid from Brighton for Cashin so we can make a move.

I also think that was why Cashin came off (and he was angry about it) for concussion. I could be wrong, but I think we panicked and brought him off to protect him and Cashin knew full well he was fit enough to carry on.

I think if Cashin was to go a few then arrive. Like last time, if it doesn't happen I feel like we may get 1 more.

He got absolutely clattered and looked like he was twitching on the ground. It would have been shocking if the doc had let him play on.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not a chance we’re waiting and hoping for Brighton to maybe bid for Cashin. It’s obvious as Warne has also said our last 3 signings will be loans. Majority of loans and especially the good young players will be kept at their parent clubs until the last week of the window. 

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Was Cashin not brought off because the doctors deemed him to be concussed? Teams get an extra sub for concussion, that has to be declared by independent doctors otherwise teams would abuse the rule. We ended up making 6 subs vs Boro as a result.

I think you're reading too much into it. Cashin is very much a heart on his sleeve type player and he may well have believed he was fine to continue, but if a medical professional says you're not, then unfortunately you're off. That's what I think he was frustrated about.

5 minutes ago, RaminBerlin said:

He got absolutely clattered and looked like he was twitching on the ground. It would have been shocking if the doc had let him play on.

I was sat in North Stand so didn't see it much, I just saw his reaction when he came off and made the assumption.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Didn’t pass the concussion test, Warne said so. 

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

Didn’t pass the concussion test, Warne said so. 

He was pretty much fitting and no health professional worth their salt would have entertained his demands to play on. I love his commitment to the cause, but IMO, they were absolutely right. I was told I did something similar after getting wiped out kickboxing (the fitting bit) and 30 seconds later I was apparently arguing I'd not even been clipped. The expression 'knocked senseless' exists for a reason 😂

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah you see it all the time in boxing where a fighter insists he (or she) is fine whilst wobbling around like Bambi on cider.

I’m assuming he won’t be allowed to play on Saturday?

I don't think he can play, no.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah you see it all the time in boxing where a fighter insists he (or she) is fine whilst wobbling around like Bambi on cider.

I’m assuming he won’t be allowed to play on Saturday?

Warne said something in his post match interview about how it could be 7, 14 or 21 days stand down for Cashin if I remember correctly, depending on the further concussion tests.

I don’t know what the protocol is in football here, I know from watching a lot of NRL that they categorise concussions in different levels and if it’s “category 1” a player is automatically ruled out for an 11 day period. Hopefully Cashin is ok and we get an update in the press conference on Thursday(?)

By the looks of the press today, things are finally starting to move

A lot of PL teams are getting their targets or close to getting them and the Athletic both have following bits about two potential targets of ours:

Bournemouth’s Daniel Jebbison is set to go out on loan during this transfer window, but it’s likely to happen later rather than sooner. The reason? Coach Andoni Iraola has been impressed with him so far this summer, including in his 20-minute cameo in the 1-1 draw against Forest on the Premier League’s opening weekend. Several Championship clubs are waiting in the wings to sign the 21-year-old forward but they will be made to wait on Bournemouth’s decision

Ipswich have received loan enquiries from multiple Championship clubs for striker Ali Al Hamadi but are yet to agree a deal with any potential suitors as no offer has come close to the club’s valuation. The former AFC Wimbledon attacker joined Ipswich in January and scored four goals in 14 appearances as they won promotion to the Premier League. He debuted against Liverpool as a substitute, becoming the first Iraqi player to feature in the Premier League. Ipswich value him as an important member of the squad and will only sanction a move if they feel it is right for the club and the player’s development.

To put it in perspective, it’s starting to sound like we might not even be able to afford or compete for the PL loans - I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those two mentioned above go to Luton who then loan us one of Woodrow or Taylor.

I personally would be delighted with Cauley Woodrow, who would walk into our team and significantly improve us, but I gather he’s not quite sexy enough for some parts of DCFC Twitter.

Edited by Leicester Ram

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

By the looks of the press today, things are finally starting to move

A lot of PL teams are getting their targets or close to getting them and the Athletic both have following bits about two potential targets of ours:

Bournemouth’s Daniel Jebbison is set to go out on loan during this transfer window, but it’s likely to happen later rather than sooner. The reason? Coach Andoni Iraola has been impressed with him so far this summer, including in his 20-minute cameo in the 1-1 draw against Forest on the Premier League’s opening weekend. Several Championship clubs are waiting in the wings to sign the 21-year-old forward but they will be made to wait on Bournemouth’s decision

Ipswich have received loan enquiries from multiple Championship clubs for striker Ali Al Hamadi but are yet to agree a deal with any potential suitors as no offer has come close to the club’s valuation. The former AFC Wimbledon attacker joined Ipswich in January and scored four goals in 14 appearances as they won promotion to the Premier League. He debuted against Liverpool as a substitute, becoming the first Iraqi player to feature in the Premier League. Ipswich value him as an important member of the squad and will only sanction a move if they feel it is right for the club and the player’s development.

To put it in perspective, it’s starting to sound like we might not even be able to afford or compete for the PL loans - I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those two mentioned above go to Luton who then loan us one of Woodrow or Taylor.

I personally would be delighted with Cauley Woodrow, who would walk into our team and significantly improve, but I gather he’s not quite sexy enough for some parts of DCFC Twitter.

I agree about Woodrow. At the moment Collins is out second choice striker and Woodrow would be a big upgrade on Collins.