Transfer rumours

Warne said looking to bring in a 9, 10 and another center half.
Said he’s doing a zoom call on Tuesday with a player who’s not yet in the country then corrected himself to say not yet with the club, Dom asked if that’s with a certain 6 foot 6 keeper, Warne said not him (I suspect he’s telling porkies).

Said there’s another one ticking along under the surface that no one knows about and another that’s being “kept in the building, a loan” which I take to mean a prem loan that’s currently being kept with their club for pre season rather than someone Warne has locked in a room at Moor Farm.

No names or timeframes given.

Discussed about 7 mins 30 seconds into this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jdzf4t?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Said he’s doing a zoom call on Tuesday with a player who’s not yet in the country then corrected himself to say not yet with the club, Dom asked if that’s with a certain 6 foot 6 keeper, Warne said not him (I suspect he’s telling porkies).

Said there’s another one ticking along under the surface that no one knows about and another that’s being “kept in the building, a loan” which I take to mean a prem loan that’s currently being kept with their club for pre season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jdzf4t?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Summed it up better than me, he denied the keeper but it did sound like a lie 

Just now, Topram said:

Summed it up better than me, he denied the keeper but it did sound like a lie 

I didn’t see your post, sorry to duplicate 😬 

If it’s not the Swedish keeper it’s surely some other signing from abroad given his comments? However, I reckon from the cheeky tone of Dom’s question it probably is him, Warne sort of cheekily deflected it right? That’s how I heard it anyway. 

1 minute ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

What’s the weird ‘read all about it’ thing on the DCFC Twitter page about ? New signing ?✍️ 

I think it’s the away kit reveal, the collar in the image isn’t the same as the home kit, looks like it’s a mint green colour or something 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

IMG_3734.png

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added pic

56 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

“Yeah well, we played well in periods thought we held the ball well” 

can’t beat Paul Warne interview bingo

"We didn't recycle the transitions well, I thought Nat did well, he has been carrying a knock to his massive wanger, but did well considered...Barks struggled with fatigue but overall did well..its early days, lads will be back in monday, fired up for Wednesday, cheers Dom"

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

"We didn't recycle the transitions well, I thought Nat did well, he has been carrying a knock to his massive wanger, but did well considered...Barks struggled with fatigue but overall did well..its early days, lads will be back in monday, fired up for Wednesday, cheers Dom"

“Yeah wash is on the ground” always mentions Washington surely he’s a 1 point on the bingo card 

I think what’s sometimes hard is that (much like watching England under Southgate) it feels harder than it needs to be to be positive. I’m not proposing an alternative and I know it’s super lame to single one individual out, but watching JC run (very slowly) at the top of the pitch and then take many (poor) touches is just hard consumption. 

Warne seemed to be suggesting that two of the signings were at least a little close…

x1 he said you would probably find out the name of by the time you left the ground (said to Dom)

The other he said was in the building 

Surely one of our resident ITKs will have an idea of who they are?

You can hear/read the desperation in people's voices/comments: "please ITK-ers, tell us about a marquee signing that will change everything". 

The club's PR department are on the move: "we've got to do something, the natives are revolting. I know let's release the away kit, even though it's a Sunday. That might get them talking about something else, other than football, for a while at least."

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Said there’s another one ticking along under the surface that no one knows about and another that’s being “kept in the building, a loan” which I take to mean a prem loan that’s currently being kept with their club for pre season rather than someone Warne has locked in a room at Moor Farm.

Going to be disappointing when it turns out it was a chat with an 80's ballad group

image.png.b24171ac94fd47f00272644d2723e8ba.png

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

You can hear/read the desperation in people's voices/comments: "please ITK-ers, tell us about a marquee signing that will change everything". 

The club's PR department are on the move: "we've got to do something, the natives are revolting. I know let's release the away kit, even though it's a Sunday. That might get them talking about something else, other than football, for a while at least."

I think you’re overestimating the importance of a few people on a football forum.