Transfer rumours

On 11/06/2024 at 16:29, Vyrdasm said:

I've heard murmers from a friend down south with connections at albion that were interested along with several other clubs in loaning jack Hinshelwood.

One of brightons top prospects. Played 12 times in the pl last season scoring 3 goals. Then had foot surgery in Feb . Would be his 1st loan but Brighton may want to keep him around the squad. 

Can play central midfield or DCM or defence. 

Nothing definite just know we are interested but guess we're looking at lots of options. 

Screenshot_20240609-2214442.thumb.png.efb3838e5c8fd4556e52b607b1af9806.png

Still interested I'm told along with Portsmouth and another.

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ethan Erhahon from Lincoln is a name I heard today.  Not the usual source but a Lincoln supporting mate who has one.  Know diddly about him. 

He’s been suggested a few times on here. Fits a good profile. 

not been linked or anything but some suggested we bring him back…

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Thought he was going to the Wendies.

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

Didn’t know he was considering retiring🤣

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe we only offered him 2 years or didn't think he was worth the money Oxford were prepared to pay. Assuming we even made an offer🤷‍♂️

I'm not alarmed if we were simply out bid by another team. It doesn't mean we couldn't have afforded more. When you go to an auction you bid what you think the item is worth not necessarily the maximum you can afford.

Exactly! I think folk often place too much emphasis on Derby's size (massive, obviously!) anyway, versus that of other clubs when surprised about players we may, or may not have even wanted. There's all sorts of reasons for players who will not reach the very top table to compromise and make what superficially appear to be unambitious moves to smaller clubs. Location, proximity of family and / or bezzers, a beautiful skyline or woman... It's not always just the cash or rep that persuades them. For most footballers, it's just a job after all and a means to their an end for their lives off the pitch. 

Edited by Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Exactly! I think folk often place too much emphasis on Derby's size (massive, obviously!) anyway, versus that of other clubs when surprised about players we may, or may not have even wanted. There's all sorts of reasons for players who will not reach the very top table to compromise and make what superficially appear to be unambitious moves to smaller clubs. Location, proximity of family and / or bezzers, a beautiful skyline or woman... It's not always just the cash or rep that persuades them. For most footballers, it's just a job after all and a means to their an end for their lives off the pitch. 

We are all obsessed with being Massive on here . We have sold around 22,000 season tickets . Dirty Leeds have a waiting list as much as that . DCFC fans need to get out of their armchairs and get down to the ticket office . 

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We are all obsessed with being Massive on here . We have sold around 22,000 season tickets . Dirty Leeds have a waiting list as much as that . DCFC fans need to get out of their armchairs and get down to the ticket office . 

Leeds is a considerably bigger city than Derby….

23 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

we should be at 25k min

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ethan Erhahon from Lincoln is a name I heard today.  Not the usual source but a Lincoln supporting mate who has one.  Know diddly about him. 

Can't see it happening, they want decent money for him.

34 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

They never had that list in League 1 .  In fact it was pretty much buy one get one free in seats.  That's the mark off how big a club is too me.  If things get s*** do you desert in droves.

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Can't see it happening, they want decent money for him.

I think we''ll have to pay decent money for a couple of players and there's no hiding from that.  We may need to Cash in literally for more than that but the reality is we need midfielders and more firepower.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They never had that list in League 1 .  In fact it was pretty much buy one get one free in seats.  That's the mark off how big a club is too me.  If things get s*** do you desert in droves.

We have some great prices and free ST for u12’s . We need to get kids into DCFC and not City or Liverpool. Most fans stick with a team for life .